What's new

Oaxaca A5 Haze feminized

rorty

Hi Dubi , Oaxaca A5 Haze has everything I'm looking for. It's psychedelic, giggly, cheerful... It's definitely gonna be in my tent. From your catalog, which fem seed do you suggest that has similar effects but stronger?
I checked out the smoke reports. I can't imagine the effects because I haven't tried enough strains :confused:. But I'm sure all the weed I really liked were giggly and psychedelic.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for your interest in our work @rorty Golden Tiger is definitely worth checking out if you're interested in giggly, trippy effects. It offers a more intense and longer-lasting experience in average compared to Oaxaca x A5 Haze.

el mani

Veteran
Gemelas
Oaxaca A5
full

Salu2

Rgd

Veteran
dubs ..here are "s2’s” of the Canadian oaxacan clone I selfed decades ago..

a couple years ago I found a different looking long long flower plant..

that smelled of strong lemon pledge had insanely long thin leaves and grew teeny pearls on long long sticks

the original clone grew like a willow tree was slathered in resin and smelled like cartpiss[not my fave smell]

and had thai stick looking buds..the high good but there was too much sedation. for me[its my prob]

I have 4 females all cloned..I just love the look of mexes

these "s2’s” from that specil looking lemo npledge plant..are looking like more like a cross of the s1’s I

did..and appear to not be the long flower skinny cola pheno..

but its all about the high..we’ll see

IMG_6957.JPG
IMG_6959.JPG

power puff

Despite the cold and wet spring here at 53 north I managed to get oax-A5 to stay healthy.

This pic is made a month ago and the buds are developing nicely now.
Dark lemon smells.
oax.jpg

Will post pics in two weeks or so.

I strongly recommend this cross.
And yes it wants some extra ferts in the 2nd half of flowering.

It has it's place besides the golden tiger A5 for sure.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for joinning us with your northern outdoor Oaxaca A5 Haze @power puff :)
What's the natural photoperiod now in your location ? Are you adding extra darkness by light dep them to avoid they flower under increasing spring photoperiod ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
dubs ..here are "s2’s” of the Canadian oaxacan clone I selfed decades ago..

a couple years ago I found a different looking long long flower plant..

that smelled of strong lemon pledge had insanely long thin leaves and grew teeny pearls on long long sticks

the original clone grew like a willow tree was slathered in resin and smelled like cartpiss[not my fave smell]

and had thai stick looking buds..the high good but there was too much sedation. for me[its my prob]

I have 4 females all cloned..I just love the look of mexes

these "s2’s” from that specil looking lemo npledge plant..are looking like more like a cross of the s1’s I

did..and appear to not be the long flower skinny cola pheno..

but its all about the high..we’ll see

View attachment 19004471 View attachment 19004472

Thanks for sharing your current work with this amazing line @Rgd. Unfortunately, I didn't experience the original Oaxaca 79 clone, but I grew a few dozen from the S1. I found mostly very refined lemony, incensey, and musky terpenes. There is a bit of old-school cat piss (somewhat similar to some lime terps) in some, but the refined lemon totally dominates in the S1 population.

The shorter sized and shorter flowering ones are mainly lime-lemony, and in my experience, have brighter, more stimulating effects. The longer flowering ones (my favorite, which seems like the one you're posting) are taller, longer flowering, and besides the loud lemon, also have very refined musky incense. These deliver a stronger, more introspective effect.

You are right, the loose foxtailed bud structures of Oaxaca 79 look closer to tropical sativas such as Thai rather than Mexicans. However, the fat pistils and especially its terpene profile are unmistakably American sativas of the highest order.

power puff

Thanks for joinning us with your northern outdoor Oaxaca A5 Haze @power puff :)
What's the natural photoperiod now in your location ? Are you adding extra darkness by light dep them to avoid they flower under increasing spring photoperiod ?
Yes I am light depping them 13 hours dark from the start cauz I need them done in 5 weeks tops from now.

Plan is to light dep them again later this summer along with GT #4 (meao thai)xA5.
I grew the GT#2A5 last year and loved it, lets see if the #4 is different.