What's new

NYCD x C99 ~ organic

T

treefrog

Hey treefrog that looks great! What size airpots are you using and what are the dimensions of you cab?

The air-pots are 2 gallons and the space is 20" x 20" with a 150 HPS. Small, but enough :joint:

I'm thinking about trying two 3 gallon pots instead of three 2's.. we will see. The NYCD x C99 were in tree pots. Tall, narrow, tapered. I like them too, but am always experimenting, mostly for fun, change.

The current run is finishing up fine, even though they yellowed out early. Next run is swt #3 She is velvety, purple, fat & sassy :)

Maybe I'll do a diary.. :artist:

T

treefrog

That's a bummer, but it does happen. Not too late for a little goose of N guano.

I need to pick up some high N. All I have is the Indonesian atm.

I did end up top dressing with some Plant Tone, mixed 50/50 with EWC and learned something valuable. That was the worst yellowing out in flower I've ever experienced. Within the first three weeks of flowering, you can add N and the leaves will green up just like in veg. I know that from past experience. I was busy and neglectful, so I didn't add anything until about 37 days in. The 'greening up' effect was very concentrated in the buds and didn't change the leaves at all. That tells me that past week three, when the buds start to set, one needs to look at the flowers instead of the leaves for clues about plant health/needs, because the plant is completely focused on the flowers in every way. Looking back it's like, duh. At least learning is taking place, even if it's done the hard way, lol. I hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I've found that having various forms of nitrogen in the mix is a critical factor in this situation,that along with bigger pots for plants that will grow into their pot and have enough room to access those available nutrients throughout their life in that pot.
My yellowing plants are the ones that outgrow their pots (usually 1 to 3 gallon pots,big pots don't give me any shit) and consume all that the soil and the Micro-herd had to give...usually resorting to fish,alfalfa,compost teas,or topdressing with compost and EWC to pull them through to finish.
I'm learning to manage plant size and pot size depending on strain so they have enough room to make it through.
Having variable forms of Nitrogen sources seems like it's the way to go. I'm using Crab meal for the slow release (plus for the chitin),Alfalfa for faster release,Bat guano for mid-range,plus EWC and compost.
I try to do the same with the Phos sources.
Recently started using Steve Soloman's lime mix using the agricultural gypsum,dolomite,and oysters shell. That should also help buffer the ph fluctuations better when these nitrogen forms are breaking down (by our little micro-buddies) at the phases they do.
Oh,and then there's CC's seed meal mix in the mix also.....I'm sure those seed meals have a range in which the nitrogen in each of them is released as well.
Next round of recycled mix gets sul-po-mag.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Great thread treefrog. Your girls look stunning. You have a good eye for pictures too. :) That cross does sound like a good time. I might have missed it, but what is the hightype like?

T

treefrog

Great thread treefrog. Your girls look stunning. You have a good eye for pictures too. :) That cross does sound like a good time. I might have missed it, but what is the hightype like?

Thanks man! The trick is to use a tri-pod.

The diesel phenos are a very heavy, couch-lock type 'stone'.
Good for pain relief, sleep and anti-anxiety. Also, wicked munchies.

The Cindy phenos are the same in any cross. Up, heady, racy, sativa 'high' They can cause anxiety if you hit them hard. They make me shiver like I'm cold. It's weird. I've only ever met one other person that shivers when high on a good sativa. It can be embarrassing at times, lol.

T

treefrog

I've found that having various forms of nitrogen in the mix is a critical factor in this situation,that along with bigger pots for plants that will grow into their pot and have enough room to access those available nutrients throughout their life in that pot.
My yellowing plants are the ones that outgrow their pots (usually 1 to 3 gallon pots,big pots don't give me any shit) and consume all that the soil and the Micro-herd had to give...usually resorting to fish,alfalfa,compost teas,or topdressing with compost and EWC to pull them through to finish.
I'm learning to manage plant size and pot size depending on strain so they have enough room to make it through.
Having variable forms of Nitrogen sources seems like it's the way to go. I'm using Crab meal for the slow release (plus for the chitin),Alfalfa for faster release,Bat guano for mid-range,plus EWC and compost.
I try to do the same with the Phos sources.
Recently started using Steve Soloman's lime mix using the agricultural gypsum,dolomite,and oysters shell. That should also help buffer the ph fluctuations better when these nitrogen forms are breaking down (by our little micro-buddies) at the phases they do.
Oh,and then there's CC's seed meal mix in the mix also.....I'm sure those seed meals have a range in which the nitrogen in each of them is released as well.
Next round of recycled mix gets sul-po-mag.

Hey Captain!

I think you're right about the variety, as well as the larger pots. In fact, you're the one who got me thinking about going to two three gallon pots, instead of three 2's. I wish I could go bigger (light, pots), but it just isn't happening right now. My fantasy is to scrog under a 600 with 4 ~ 5 gallon pots, modular like Verdant's.
Some day..
That NYCD x C99 run was in 3 gallon 'tree-pots'. I'd been using them for years, so it was very 'tuned' so to speak. I like the air-pots, but some fiddling is definitely in order. I can't really judge them fairly at this point, seeing as I broke the 'don't mix soil stoned' rule and forgot the nutes :cry:
I'm going to try that seed meal mix. It sounds awesome. It might take awhile to gather all the ingredients though. I'm thinking peaceful valley probably has all of them, but I bet one could get most at co-ops, feed stores, health-food stores etc.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
nah dude. I know exactly what you mean about the shiver. I'm down for all sativa highs cause i don't ever get noided or anxious when i'm high. Did you say there were seeds of this available somewhere? I stay away from couchlock at all costs personally, but i have patients for whom that could be useful at times.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey treefrog your scrog look awesome and great yields for a 150. i see your footprint is about 2.75 square foot - so you have around 54 watts/square foot which is pretty much perfect for optimum efficiency imo :)

as for pot size - i try and get them as big as i can fit in my cab - currently 4x4gallon. perhaps a bit wasteful on soil sometimes but i truly believe that plant size and yield are directly related to pot size.

great grow

VG

C

Carl Carlson

Somewhere, I think in the "Beginners" sticky, Vonforne says to never mix soil when you're stoned.
Get stoned, but before hand write out a list of what needs to be done that you can cross or check off.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i start with all the ferts/amendments in a box and after i add each one i put the bag in a different box so i know which i have added already and which i havent. i have a sh1t memory, stoned or not

VG

T

treefrog

nah dude. I know exactly what you mean about the shiver. I'm down for all sativa highs cause i don't ever get noided or anxious when i'm high. Did you say there were seeds of this available somewhere? I stay away from couchlock at all costs personally, but i have patients for whom that could be useful at times.

Sativa all the way!
I don't know of any seeds currently being offered. I got these years ago from a give-away. It was luck!

hey treefrog your scrog look awesome and great yields for a 150. i see your footprint is about 2.75 square foot - so you have around 54 watts/square foot which is pretty much perfect for optimum efficiency imo :)

as for pot size - i try and get them as big as i can fit in my cab - currently 4x4gallon. perhaps a bit wasteful on soil sometimes but i truly believe that plant size and yield are directly related to pot size.

great grow

VG

Thanks Verdant! That's quite a compliment coming from you.
Some years back, I had a 250hps cab. It was 24" x 24". I was a bit worried I'd lose some density when going down to 54w per square foot, but haven't noticed any difference.

I'm still trying to figure out the pot thing in this little cab. I want to go bigger, with four pots, but three gives me more room for my canopy fan, which is much needed, especially when growing heavy indie strains like Sweettooth and hitting a gram a watt, or better..
Decisions decisions..

Ever since seeing your modular rig, the wheels have been turning...
Perpetual AND mobile. What's not to love?!
Thanks for the inspiration!

i (for 1 ) would follow it

Hey, my BCI brother!
Thanks.. looking for anymore boas, lol.

Get stoned, but before hand write out a list of what needs to be done that you can cross or check off.

i start with all the ferts/amendments in a box and after i add each one i put the bag in a different box so i know which i have added already and which i havent. i have a sh1t memory, stoned or not

VG

Both good ideas, thanks.

Have a good one everybody!

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey, my BCI brother!
Thanks.. looking for anymore boas, lol.

5s good for me - the wife is talking like we should sell some of them

i like to nix that plan as we've been feeding and housing them for a couple years and i hope we can get some babies

the ones she's eyeing are the hypos and i think they'd make some pretty ghost babies

im nominating this ....forkin beautoful

picture.php