What's new

Northern Lights Micro, 16"x16"x32"-- 97 watts LED, Low Odor.

Forum Participation. keep #9 or chop?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

singlecoiled

I've read a lot of good info for training on bonsai websites, just have to transpose everything to annual unless it's for a mom.

For any other lost branches you can try cloning/reversing/selfing a branch.

How many tops are you thinking now?

I'll let it grow out a few more weeks, top her again and go for 8 tops. ( 4 per side, keeping nodes 1 and 3 chopping 2)... Shouldnt be much to see here for a while, a nice little break for me too...

singlecoiled

I'm still chopping off leaves, had to top her off again to start a new manifold. I wont be winning any races with this grow but thats OK...

I like to relax and enjoy growing plants while smoking a little Indica and watching Bob Ross paint happy little trees. As Bob says, we dont make mistakes we have happy little accidents. Ive had my share with this grow !

X in red marks my happy accidents.. I dont like the fact that the plant was topped three times now, but it might still work. New chutes are just starting now.. (third time is a charm?)

cDSC6049.JPG

singlecoiled

2 nl plants,one fell on the other during a storm
Nice to see how huge these plants get if they arent stuck in a small cabinet. It looks like we are both having a little bad luck, mine being mainly user error though.

Beautiful plant. Is it Nirvana?

Dime

Nice to see how huge these plants get if they arent stuck in a small cabinet. It looks like we are both having a little bad luck, mine being mainly user error though.

Beautiful plant. Is it Nirvana?
Hi, yeah they can big if the soils is loose, this is Doc Atomic NL X Sensi NL. The top by the fridge is indoor.

Attachments

• 20190928_081820_HDR.jpg
    20190928_081820_HDR.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 51
  • 20190928_081721.jpg
    20190928_081721.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 51
  • 20200924_131025.jpg
    20200924_131025.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 48

Dime

Love it ! Those main colas look amazing. How was the odor late flower?

Here is one of my early Nirvana NL grows, my first try with a manifold. I'm hoping for football size colas this time by keeping the plant in Veg longer.

This grow only went 6 weeks in Veg which was a big mistake. I'm in week 8 Veg now with my current grow....

View attachment 18933199
Nice.. they smell kind of sweet . Are you happy with the potency?

singlecoiled

Nice.. they smell kind of sweet . Are you happy with the potency?

Yep, mine smells sweet as well, a honey and pine smell. The potency listed at around 20% THC doesnt make much sense to me. One or two small hits and I'm a worthless pile of doo doo on the couch. Late night only for this strain, I've made the mistake of smoking during the day, nothing gets done.

Buds are not super compacted like the dispensery buds are, but they grind better and smoke better. I love this strain! Very smooth to smoke, almost too smooth. You can take massive hits withough coughing. For me its very easy to over do it smoking this strain-- its a creeper for sure.

Last edited:

singlecoiled

It looks good (y). I don't like wasting the day either.

Thanks man, any other forum and people would be beating me down for all the mistakes Ive made this grow. Super cool people here, I really like it.

Last thing about odor. Ive tried a few other strains and they all smelled like skunk during Veg. Master Kush and White Widow needed a carbon filter for Veg which suprised me. Nirvana Northern Lights has absolutely no smell during veg and early flower. After around week 6 after flip to 12/12 she starts to stink with that glorious honey and pine smell. Yes, you need a filter if your trying to hide your grow, but only weeks 6 and beyond. Ive found this strain takes around 60-70 days in flower until its ready for harvest.....

After cure, the buds are very pungent, but in a nice way. When I pop the lid, it stinks up the room. I was able to hang and dry the buds without too much odor. (with carbon filter on low) I cure for at least three months at 58-60 RH before smoking. They get better and better with more cure time as well...

crimsonecho

i got one sensi nl s1 going in the tent atm. some minor imperfections on the top leaves but i’m still hopeful about the end result. good smoke. when you tie branches down dont do it from the main node which connects to the main stalk. those just break too easily you gotta pinch the branch and then tie it so it will bend from the middle of the branch and not from the base.
B642F05D-CED9-4DBA-917E-AF49D14B5183.jpeg

Dime

Thanks man, any other forum and people would be beating me down for all the mistakes Ive made this grow. Super cool people here, I really like it.

Last thing about odor. Ive tried a few other strains and they all smelled like skunk during Veg. Master Kush and White Widow needed a carbon filter for Veg which suprised me. Nirvana Northern Lights has absolutely no smell during veg and early flower. After around week 6 after flip to 12/12 she starts to stink with that glorious honey and pine smell. Yes, you need a filter if your trying to hide your grow, but only weeks 6 and beyond. Ive found this strain takes around 60-70 days in flower until its ready for harvest.....

After cure, the buds are very pungent, but in a nice way. When I pop the lid, it stinks up the room. I was able to hang and dry the buds without too much odor. (with carbon filter on low) I cure for at least three months at 58-60 RH before smoking. They get better and better with more cure time as well...
I agree on the widow,my widow is more skunky in veg than bloom. If i trim bigger branches I use cloning powder or gel on the cut area to ward off infection and clean the wound.I let my NL go a bit longer than you did just to see if I was chopping too early. Next I'm flipping some widow x red congo and I just planted some back to the congo f2

Attachments

• 20201217_213536 (3).jpg
    20201217_213536 (3).jpg
    837 KB · Views: 45

singlecoiled

i got one sensi nl s1 going in the tent atm. some minor imperfections on the top leaves but i’m still hopeful about the end result. good smoke. when you tie branches down dont do it from the main node which connects to the main stalk. those just break too easily you gotta pinch the branch and then tie it so it will bend from the middle of the branch and not from the base.
View attachment 18933284

Wow, the plant looks about as healthy as a plant can be! I'd love to compare buds to see how different Nirvana, Atomic and Sensi are.

Last edited:

singlecoiled

I agree on the widow,my widow is more skunky in veg than bloom. If i trim bigger branches I use cloning powder or gel on the cut area to ward off infection and clean the wound.I let my NL go a bit longer than you did just to see if I was chopping too early. Next I'm flipping some widow x red congo and I just planted some back to the congo f2

Wow, that bud looks very different than mine. Hell, I love this strain so much I might have to try one of yours. Have also considered NL #10 or a mix of something classic like NLx White Widow.

I tried to grow White Widow, but had to give it away, it was way too stinky.

Thanks for the bud pic, cool to compare the different breeders.

Last edited:

crimsonecho

Wow, the plant looks about as healthy as a plant can be! I'd love to compare buds to see how different Nirvana, Atomic and Sensi are.

Veg shot....my leafs look a little more indica than your Sensi grow above...

View attachment 18933291
that looks very healthy man. i had from these s1s even more sativa-like plants in the past. this one i feel like will be much more indica leaning short and bushy with denser bud formation. tbh i’d prefer a more sativa leaning one but still took cuts haha

singlecoiled

No broken limbs yet, transplanted up to 3 gallon cloth pot. She should take off soon if I dont break another limb (fingers crossed)

I'm being very careful for try number three. Its risky tying down young branches like this, but the two nodes are fighting each other and gettting tangled up, I really need them to grow sideways now to gain some room.

_DSC6064.JPG

Last edited:

singlecoiled

For anyone wondering about Coco Loco from Fox Farm, its terrible if you ask me. I'll be moving back to soil after this grow. With a lot of Perlite added, this medium holds way too much water and watering to runoff isnt an option. I was hoping the addition of Coco to soil (Coco Loco) would increase drainage and aeration. It seems to be doing the opposite....

Seems to me a cloth pot isnt a good plan with this soil. Its drying out too much on the sides and tops while remaining soaking wet in the middle. So, basically I'm both underwatering and over watering at the same time. !

CharlesU Farley

Seems to me a cloth pot isnt a good plan with this soil. Its drying out too much on the sides and tops while remaining soaking wet in the middle. So, basically I'm both underwatering and over watering at the same time. !
Haven't dug through all of this thread, but a fabric pot is absolutely the best thing you could do for the development of cannabis roots.