What's new

Newbie from Toledo ohio

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hello and welcome friend. Its easy to think having the HID bulbs close to the flowers will give more resin, but it's not true. Having the bulbs too close will inhibit resin production. If it were my light I would run it about 4 ft above the canopy. It is extremely important to have a nice oscillating breeze blowing on plant tops when using HID lamps. Closer is not better with that kind of wattage.

1000 watt HPS bulbs use a lot of electricity and a lot of growers that used them in the past have quit. The reason is they cost so much to run and keep cool. Check out our light Vendors and see their light wattages. Amazing differences.

PlumberGrower

If you got good airflow across the canopy you can get about 3 feet from the plants.. but a 1000watter is alot for one plant... is the ballast digital and dimmable??
No. It’s an old school ballast with pull tab timer built in. Got it for free. And yes I have good airflow. Reason it’s just one plant is cuz it got tricked into flower on me after I went outside with it. And just didn’t wanna risk losing it.

PlumberGrower

Hello and welcome friend. Its easy to think having the HID bulbs close to the flowers will give more resin, but it's not true. Having the bulbs too close will inhibit resin production. If it were my light I would run it about 4 ft above the canopy. It is extremely important to have a nice oscillating breeze blowing on plant tops when using HID lamps. Closer is not better with that kind of wattage.

1000 watt HPS bulbs use a lot of electricity and a lot of growers that used them in the past have quit. The reason is they cost so much to run and keep cool. Check out our light Vendors and see their light wattages. Amazing differences.
Well three feet is about as far as I can get due to plant height and ceiling also. I have good air flow and my temp goes from 66 at night to 75 mid day. Humidity stays 55-60%. I know my bulb isn’t the best but it was free so I’m giving it a try. Thanks for all the knowledge

farmerfischer

Here's a 400watt hps and 125w cfl close to a canopy of my endless sky I grew in a small closet back in 2014-15.. kind of gives an idea how close you can get with good flow across the canopy..
farmr7.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts