What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My seed whore adventures. Where bad idea's are born.

420PyRoS

Heh, quite the fiasco with the hash making. Lost quite a bit to old bubble bag deterioration and contamination.

Couldn't find my new bags :/

Well, I learned a lesson.

A teaser
20231204_063514.jpg

420PyRoS

We are off with this unknown we call pink kush ;) Two more coming up behind with Bruce Banner Auto's. Pics to come.

This is a buddy's grow with some seeds I'm throwing his way. Full organic setup, year round worm bins, fed with compost teas.

outdoor season might be epic this year, as he has access to large property. 🤔
IMG_20240207_201209.jpg

420PyRoS

A pal of mine at work is growing out these Monster Bruce banner Autos in full organics.

He got smacked up a bit with PM in veg, stocking up on some soluable sulfer for any future PM bs down the road.

Heres one he took a pic of last week. I think shes coming down Friday, then jarred etc.

Cheers to @The_Vault_Cannabis_Seeds for that contest win a while back.

IMG_20240403_200936.jpg

420PyRoS

Well, i just received some testers for the outdoor run this year.

We have Triangle Kush Bx from Mister D's Farmhouse with the dad being Ortega x Sweet tooth 4 (Legends Ultimate Indica) used as the bridge.

I also have a pack of Bodhi Snow Monkey and my buddy providing the 50 acres to grow on is also thinking about doing a few Bodhi Razzberry Lemonaide's when they drop soon.

If theres more room, ill throw a personal made cross in there too.

Hopefully a good year. The popping will start shortly.

420PyRoS

Ok, got 10 of Bodhi snow monkeys in Rockwool. Majority popped in under 12 hours in cup of water. First time thats happened.

Bewm.

Annnnd we are about to do some new Triangle Kush BC testers. Bridge was (Ortega x sweet tooth 4)

CharlesU Farley

Hi there, this is mostly just my rantings and ravings about all things cannabis and just whatever, man.

Some past grows, mixed in with seed whoring and attempts to get seeds sprouted once more.

I'm currently not able to grow at the moment, but I'm hoping to do a real bad idea guerrilla style grow in a shed. All I got sadly. Everything is bound to go wrong, but I really enjoy growing and miss it dearly so who cares man.. it's an adventure!

Feel free to comment, post pics, discuss, tell me off or share some NSFW ladies, music, or just whatever man. I'm easy going.

A little about myself...

42yrs old now, married (currently), RCN veteran, mechanical engineer with a passion for growing and smoking weed.
I've been learning the cannabis ropes for several years, thinking I need another lifetime to really figure it all out. I've done pollen chucks, repo, grow journals and talked/learned a lot to/from all of you on forums. I'm big on smoking really good weed that's been grown well, with passion. Potency and flavour/terps are #1 and #2 to me.

I'm an indica lover. Although I've really really tried my hand with long flower satty, but I am just not experienced enough. I watch the satty lovers on these forums make it look so damn easy even though I know it's not. 22-24 weeks is crazy hard, at least for me. I want to dabble in them again so bad but it's really out of my control with so many of life's variables.
Maybe when I'm retired and divorced I can try my luck again hahaha.

Anyway, onward to bad idea's, seed whoring, maybe a grow in the near future.

*Disclaimer*
If you have Reefermans aka Scott family farms Harmony strain... hit me up! Seriously!

Cheers,
420PyRoS

View attachment 18739803
First time I remember seeing this thread, _very_ intriguing and inventive subject title!

Don't have the time right now to scan the entire thread but since I've responded to your post, I'll get a ding notification whenever anybody responds and it'll remind me to check it out when I have more time.

Great writing by the way, from one wall of words writer to another... respect.

ost

I had good intentions in doing that very thing but having them grown at a remote location not near me has been a challenge to even see them.

The fella looking after them doesn't have a green thumb either.

Hoping next year will be better. Things are more positive lately and may even be able to grow at my place in the future from discussions I've had.

Just gotta keep pushing.

I tried that workout, hurt my back and been sore for 2 weeks.

I think i need to work up to it a bit lol
I'm getting old.
many of us in that crowd

ost

I was stoned, I meant stop wet trimming... English^^

wet trim is the commercial, faster but not as good.
I always hang as a whole or bundles of branches, and then just pick off leafs once they crisp.
Aiming for a 2 week hang is ideal, your spot now is semi outside, so doesn't matter as much but once you grow & dry indoors, you wanna prolong the dry for best product.
The best stuff, I mess with for 3 weeks, before cutting and jarring.

the plants look really nice (y)
pretty much finished, what does the weather forecast say?
60 degrees F 60% RH to SLOW DRY, CURE!

420PyRoS

First time I remember seeing this thread, _very_ intriguing and inventive subject title!

Don't have the time right now to scan the entire thread but since I've responded to your post, I'll get a ding notification whenever anybody responds and it'll remind me to check it out when I have more time.

Great writing by the way, from one wall of words writer to another... respect.
Hey man, thanks for stopping by the thread. I wouldn't worry much about reading most of it. Pictures on the other hand might be worth seeing.

Now that I am popping seeds again we can get down to business.

20240417_173449.jpg

Bodhi Snow Monkeys officially in rockwool.

420PyRoS

Made it safe and sound.

The freebies were the same as last round so now we have 2x Caramel Afghani and 2x El Wooks.
20240418_175209.jpg

Love it when things work out randomly.
I try to grab stuff in doubles most times.

Next drop picking up
2x Instant Karma HP
2x DLA 5.3
2x Holy Hand Grenades
2x Last Chance

And IF there happens to be bogo on 4/20.... well... i got that covered also. 😎

420PyRoS

Not related but this weekend im building a new garden.

Got bell peppers and Habanero's popped up with Romaine and Tomatoes coming next.

Grabbed a new f1 corn variety called Ambrosia i think, that will hopefully make a few fresh cobs for the summer bbq season.

Time to get the smoker ready 😎

420PyRoS

Four Snow Monkeys are up.
I cant believe how vigorous these are considering Bodhi's SL dad is dead and these prob have some age to them.

29 ish hours since paper towel
20240420_011751.jpg

Last edited:

420PyRoS

Well,

I managed to kill every single pepper seedling with my LED light....

They can't handle it like cannabis seedlings.

Lesson learned.

420PyRoS

Bodhi Snow Monkey

Looks like a few straglers still popping up but i do believe i buried them with too much pressure.

Will get some closeups for documentation on this run. We will # them out for a little experiment with trich production on these regs to see if it gives any early indication of anything other than rub tests later on.

Example, here is one of the Snow Monkey's starting trich production.

I will try my luck at getting my ancient galaxy S3 charged up again for a few macro pics. Best cam ever for it.

Lots of pretty colours showing from these seedlings already. Hard to pick up with this newer phone though.
20240421_083040.jpg

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Bodhi Snow Monkey

Looks like a few straglers still popping up but i do believe i buried them with too much pressure.

Will get some closeups for documentation on this run. We will # them out for a little experiment with trich production on these regs to see if it gives any early indication of anything other than rub tests later on.

Example, here is one of the Snow Monkey's starting trich production.

I will try my luck at getting my ancient galaxy S3 charged up again for a few macro pics. Best cam ever for it.

Lots of pretty colours showing from these seedlings already. Hard to pick up with this newer phone though.
View attachment 18990948
Still reading stuff here, for sure you are a highly skilled photographer!!!
Nice pics!!

Latest posts

Latest posts