What's new

Moler Clay (Seramis etc)

goingrey

I love it. Kinda like coco but better. Less issues, reusable more times...

Have used both Seramis and other brands, haven't really noticed a difference.

Very good moisture retention and wicking properties as proved int his video:

The only issue I have noticed is mold/algae can appear on top (also happened in the video), a layer of LECA/hydroton on top will prevent that.

Very nice also for rooting cuttings because of the even moisture over a long period of time. Stick a cutting in some, place in a low light spot, forget about it for a while and when you remember it again chances are you have roots.

Anyone else grow in it?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I love it. Kinda like coco but better. Less issues, reusable more times...

Have used both Seramis and other brands, haven't really noticed a difference.

Very good moisture retention and wicking properties as proved int his video:

The only issue I have noticed is mold/algae can appear on top (also happened in the video), a layer of LECA/hydroton on top will prevent that.

Very nice also for rooting cuttings because of the even moisture over a long period of time. Stick a cutting in some, place in a low light spot, forget about it for a while and when you remember it again chances are you have roots.

Anyone else grow in it?

Thanks, friend this substrate sounds interesting. If anyone can run it in a grow I would like to see the results.

goingrey

Thanks, friend this substrate sounds interesting. If anyone can run it in a grow I would like to see the results.
Here's an old shot some roots after getting the clay off the roots to use it in another run from a while back.

1713093750765.png

I'll try to remember to take a better photo after a future harvest.