What's new

Minnesota Legalizes Cannabis-The Opposition to the Bill is Unintentionally Hilarious

therevverend

Veteran
In Minnesota the Democrat-controlled House and Senate passed a bill legalizing cannabis. The Senate had previously been controlled by Republicans who'd blocked legalization previously. I saw a few clips on Twitter this morning showing some of them explaining why they opposed it.

Assholes and idiots. The guy who got the DUI crying about the lack of a 'breathalyzer for pot' was the best.

Not all the republicans were opposed. The representative halfway down the next link said some good stuff. He talked about how rather then young people it's the boomers who are pushing for legalization. If a 65 year old has a choice between drinking a glass of scotch or smoking a joint the joint is likely to be the safer choice.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Boneheads like this RUN Indiana, in case anybody's wondering why Indiana is the only state in the Midwest where cannabis is totally illegal, no medical, no nothing.

But where there's a will there's a way, amiright?

Last edited:

Redrum92

It's not too late for somebody to dose all our water towers with LSD, if anybody still has some.
Man, it had a massive resurgence about 10 years ago. It is trendy and cool again; it's everywhere. The kids are all into "microdosing". And in my experience, the real stuff is so plentiful fakes are very rare. I'm not at all connected, but I hear 10th hand it comes from Europe.

Wouldn't be surprised if some instagram-type kid out there tries it some day.

Gry

Veteran
A good friend of mine dosed the local cop coffee stop, where they got free coffee, with LSD. Many years ago in LA (Lower Alabama). I miss that guy.
An interesting story, and I have not heard a neater use of the term LA.

moose eater

It's not too late for somebody to dose all our water towers with LSD, if anybody still has some.
A local lad has allegedly been procuring quantities of 400 mcg gel tabs on the dark web.

All things are possible with enough investment capital and motivation.

You could start a private non-profit, take donations for the purchase, then operationalize the end goal with well-intentioned volunteers to cut overhead..

Call the PNP something like, 'Partnership for an Enlightened Legislature' or something like that. Hell, even the repugnik corn farmers in rural Indiana might give to something named that. Sounds wholesome enough.

Throw in the words 'conservative' or 'Christian', and you could both afford to dose the legislature AND set up a significant retirement.

Edit: My earliest ancestors in North America were farmers in an Indiana community going back to around 1730, so I can attest to their backward ways and how they might benefit from a serious encounter with some stout Lucy.

therevverend

Veteran
Man, it had a massive resurgence about 10 years ago. It is trendy and cool again; it's everywhere. The kids are all into "microdosing". And in my experience, the real stuff is so plentiful fakes are very rare. I'm not at all connected, but I hear 10th hand it comes from Europe.
You know what they say, trips are for kids.

Edit: My earliest ancestors in North America were farmers in an Indiana community going back to around 1730, so I can attest to their backward ways and how they might benefit from a serious encounter with some stout Lucy.
A friend of mine said, 'LSD teaches you how to tell who is cool.' On the other hand the same friend got swindled, using my money for the investment, into buying a couple ounces of Mexi for $400 from a dude he met at the Grayhound Bus Terminal downtown Seattle named 'Rayff'. The shit was hermaphrodite, had the biggest male flowers I've ever seen. Of course it was maximum seedy, seeds on top of seed inside seed. When Seattle had the best flower in the universe. I certainly didn't think Rayff was 'cool'.

We had to catch the nightbus to Spokane, where he lived, to in turn swindle his friends so I could get my investment back. I did learn something interesting. If you steam Mexi it will turn green again. Then you can remove a few of the seeds and 'voila'! green schwag instead of brown.

Forget the point now. Oh yeah, who's cool. I used to think everyone should smoke pot, dose, and they'd be cool. And I knew if I smoked pot with someone we'd become amigos, because someone who wasn't cool would never smoke pot. I've realized that's no longer true. Now there's certainly evil, uncool people smoking pot. I know this is blasphemy, especially here, but there's some people who should never use psychedelics. They're already neurotic crazy, to use the Hindu metaphor it's like 'giving milk to snakes'. It only makes the venom more potent.

Case in point, the Republicans in the clip that had smoked. The old hippy type guy and the frat boy. It didn't help them at all, made their already fucked up minds even more twisted. It's possible that a part of the craziness sweeping our country, the fucked up ideas people are having, are in part from the increased consumption of cannabis and psychedelics. It's like taking someone's detachment from society and turning it up to 11...

moose eater

You know what they say, trips are for kids.

A friend of mine said, 'LSD teaches you how to tell who is cool.' On the other hand the same friend got swindled, using my money for the investment, into buying a couple ounces of Mexi for $400 from a dude he met at the Grayhound Bus Terminal downtown Seattle named 'Rayff'. The shit was hermaphrodite, had the biggest male flowers I've ever seen. Of course it was maximum seedy, seeds on top of seed inside seed. When Seattle had the best flower in the universe. I certainly didn't think Rayff was 'cool'.

We had to catch the nightbus to Spokane, where he lived, to in turn swindle his friends so I could get my investment back. I did learn something interesting. If you steam Mexi it will turn green again. Then you can remove a few of the seeds and 'voila'! green schwag instead of brown.

Forget the point now. Oh yeah, who's cool. I used to think everyone should smoke pot, dose, and they'd be cool. And I knew if I smoked pot with someone we'd become amigos, because someone who wasn't cool would never smoke pot. I've realized that's no longer true. Now there's certainly evil, uncool people smoking pot. I know this is blasphemy, especially here, but there's some people who should never use psychedelics. They're already neurotic crazy, to use the Hindu metaphor it's like 'giving milk to snakes'. It only makes the venom more potent.

Case in point, the Republicans in the clip that had smoked. The old hippy type guy and the frat boy. It didn't help them at all, made their already fucked up minds even more twisted. It's possible that a part of the craziness sweeping our country, the fucked up ideas people are having, are in part from the increased consumption of cannabis and psychedelics. It's like taking someone's detachment from society and turning it up to 11...
Despite Grace Slick's vision and plan of dosing Nixon's coffee when she was invited to the WH, and the inner-me that hoped for psychedelic hippie vengeance or retribution, truth be told, the prospect of Dick Nixon on a hefty dose of acid was always a bit unnerving in my mind's eye.

Some people need tighter boundaries, not fewer or looser. And Nixon already had incredible issues where boundaries were concerned.

"Baby steps."

therevverend

Veteran
I think Nixon would have been a sweetheart on acid.

Ha ha that's what I mean by 'feeding milk to a cobra'. The man was a cretin, the last thing the world needed was him using higher powers of thinking. The dosed out CIA during that period was horrible enough. Feints within feints within feints. Although you could be right, it might have sent him back to his infancy looking for Mama's big old titty to suck on forever...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All States should have gone with decriminalization. I hope legalization works for Minnesota but it's failed for most that don't have Chad $$$ in every state so far.

moose eater

Ha ha that's what I mean by 'feeding milk to a cobra'. The man was a cretin, the last thing the world needed was him using higher powers of thinking. The dosed out CIA during that period was horrible enough. Feints within feints within feints. Although you could be right, it might have sent him back to his infancy looking for Mama's big old titty to suck on forever...
My great aunt, or my mother's great aunt (can't recall now) allegedly was the midwife who delivered Tricky Dick. I used to imagine that all that needed to have happened was for them to have had sufficiently wet hands while suspending him by his ankles as a newborn, and to have let him slip while on a sufficiently hard floor surface, and they could've saved countless Vietnamese, unknown numbers of US G.I.'s, and numerous people in South and Central America from the politically spawned tragedies they came to experience.

Latest posts

Latest posts