What's new

Maui Wowie (Hawaiian) TLT

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
mexican, oaxacan or guerreran, can be present in the mix... all hawaiian lines I grew have similar traits to oaxacans I grew... even now I grew zamal x oaxacan, it got very similar terps to terps of hawaiians. I read that mexican sativas grew better than colombian cultivars at Hawaii.

I think it is just name, so like under malawi gold name you can get various plants from broad leaf to narrow, same with name maui wowie name.

what is interesting for me at this TLT hawaiian is that it has 15 weeks phenos, so real sativa and description says the effect is lysergic..

now I would say psychedelic hawaiian is pretty extinct these days, so it can be jewel, if it is really lysergic.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some nice looking little plants. :watchplant:

Attachments

• MW-1-2.JPG
    MW-1-2.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 26
  • MW-4-2.JPG
    MW-4-2.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 29
  • MW-7-2.JPG
    MW-7-2.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 27
  • MW-8-3.JPG
    MW-8-3.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 27
  • MW-9-2.JPG
    MW-9-2.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 24
  • MW-11-2.JPG
    MW-11-2.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 25
  • MW-15-3.JPG
    MW-15-3.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 24
  • MW-16-2.JPG
    MW-16-2.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 28

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi everyone. :watchplant:

I like to know the background on any seed I do and I asked TLT how they sourced these seeds.
This Maui was a sativa grown in Hawaii x indica line and obtained from a Danish colleague.

Attachments

• MW-1-3.JPG
    MW-1-3.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 24
  • MW-7-3.JPG
    MW-7-3.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 23
  • MW-8-4.JPG
    MW-8-4.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 25
  • MW-10-2.JPG
    MW-10-2.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 27
  • MW-15-4.JPG
    MW-15-4.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 23

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi everyone. :watchplant:

From the 20 seeds I have 13 healthy ones.

Attachments

• MW-14-1.JPG
    MW-14-1.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 24
  • MW-13-1.JPG
    MW-13-1.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 25
  • MW-11-3.JPG
    MW-11-3.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 28
  • MW-10-3.JPG
    MW-10-3.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 21
  • MW-9-3.JPG
    MW-9-3.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 23
  • MW-8-5.JPG
    MW-8-5.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 25
  • MW-7-4.JPG
    MW-7-4.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 23
  • MW-4-3.JPG
    MW-4-3.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 22
  • MW-3-1.JPG
    MW-3-1.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 25
  • MW-1-4.JPG
    MW-1-4.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 22

Piff_cat

Is the maui wowie the same as the Hawaiian used in hawaiian snow from greenhouse,,, I'm desperate to lock down what was in that old Hawaiian haze and hawaiian snow,,,

Amsterdam had a hawaiian years ago I'm desperate to run again

I'm guessing the one I am looking for is not the same as dutch flowers sativa as that is discribed as lemon tasting,, the one I'm thinking of is more tropical tasting and purple, very airy,, musky in some ways,, but fills the air with a beautiful incense smell
On wietforum.nl one of the south Holland guys has pics of the f1 Hawaiian haze said it goes 19 weeks and that's why she was eventually lost. But I believe abraxas coffee shop still holds the clone. There were actually 2 hawaiian females nev put to haze C this is the long flowering .. the other Hawaiian better yielding derived from the spice/ Hawaii 5-0 side
large.gallery_8004_4394_141238.jpg.5e015eb367b06b0222e4e4cb1f600105.jpg

CharlesU Farley

@Thcvhunter wrote not long ago, that the BOEL guys started in 1968 and in 1973 Maui Wowie was bred. Maui Wowie is more a 70s variety.
I'll take the words of those who actually did it.

I have no idea what others have wrote/think. I concentrate on facts, preferably written down somewhere accessible on the Internet, so it can be verified/dated, by those who actually did it:

BOEL

Robert Ackerly's FB page

Last edited:

Thcvhunter

Veteran

I have no idea what others have wrote/think. I concentrate on facts, preferably written down somewhere accessible on the Internet, so it can be verified/dated, by those who actually did it:

BOEL

Robert Ackerly's FB page
Robert did way too many drugs. Ive talked with him.
What i shared here came directly from the chemist involved with breeding the line on the islands. BOEL chemist who died down in Texas around 2016. Then NL Greg reached out to me to finish the story when I first posted pics of the plants (unlabeled pics i might add) in 2018.

CharlesU Farley

BOEL

Robert did way too many drugs. Ive talked with him.
What i shared here came directly from the chemist involved with breeding the line on the islands. BOEL chemist who died down in Texas around 2016. Then NL Greg reached out to me to finish the story when I first posted pics of the plants (unlabeled pics i might add) in 2018.
I wasn't there, so I don't know.

And I'm not sure what NL Seattle Greg would have to reach out to you about Maui Wowie, other than the fact that he is currently living on the big island, I think, and used a type of Hawaiian / Thai sativa for his NL projects.

As far as I'm aware of, at least all the things I can find online that he has actually posted, where it is actually him and not a sock puppet, I've never heard that he posted anything about having a direct connection to Maui Wowie.

But I'm the first to admit, I don't know everything, and I wasn't there. And I'm well aware of Robert's drug use, current philosophies etc., in addition to Tim Scully and Nick Sand, before he died. There were others involved besides Robert, obviously. But what he is posted, especially on the old website cuz it looks like they just now did a update or some kind of shit like that, is what I go by because I know for a fact he was actually there.

We all get old, forgetful, and don't always remember things exactly how they happened. I can tell you stories about conflicting posts that _both_ Nevil and NL Seattle Greg have posted directly online, both here on IC Meg and Mr Nice, that have since been deleted. Both of them say one thing about the development of NL and the numbering system used (specfically the access to #5, in one post and almost the exact opposite in another, just in different time frames and on different venues.

But every time I hear somebody quoting somebody else, about what somebody said, or heard, somebody else say, and then try to quote it as actual _fact_, my Bullshit Detector goes from green to yellow. If you weren't there, you don't actually know.

Which is why I've been documenting what I've been doing with cannabis directly on a website.

Last edited:

Chuckeye

Interesting read, thank you all !

I'm considering purchasing some fem seeds from Pacific Seedbank, my confidence that they are the "real" deal is low but the reviews have me (almost) convinced to give it a go ;)

Maui wowie from Pacific Seed Bank

Appreciate hearing of any other sources that will ship to Canada !

Cheers

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Maui Wowie comes from BOEL Hawaiian.
Hawaiian was made in the 68/69 season.
Wowie several years later when outcrosses abd Bxed to Afghan.

NLGreg knows Hawaiian because he was close to Herbie who uses the Boel Hawaiian crossed to NL to make NL5.
The reason there's conflicting stories between him and Nevil are because:
1- Nevil backdoored Greg to get NL limes and got outcrosses that nDn labeled as pure
2- Nevil was a junkie who loved his xanax so really had no memory left by the time the forums started.

I also posted the year the Wowie project started, in the 70s, not 80s.

The story given to me by the chemist involved with making Hawaiian was also confirmed by another chemist who was around and now lives in Oregon. And then also confirmed by Greg. But seems like you feel you know something we dont.

Latest posts

Latest posts