What's new

Light of the North

I Care

Alright, so I haven’t found any threads to dig up or any current threads to fog up with this northern lights seedling o was fortunate enough to acquire. It is feminized and I’m not sure whose seeds they are, but I’d be happy to discuss this plant with an originator of the strain. Mainly for some direction on what to do with her before I make any decisions for myself. I kinda respect all these old school strains and honor them as somebody’s intellectual property, even if I don’t know the origins.

Here’s a few photos of her and, I know, I’m not doing quite as well as I could be doing with a more well prepared space.

IMG_1570.jpeg
IMG_1478.jpeg

I recieved it after it hit a great start, would be a real spectacle with optimal conditions.

IMG_1361.jpeg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Alright, so I haven’t found any threads to dig up or any current threads to fog up with this northern lights seedling o was fortunate enough to acquire. It is feminized and I’m not sure whose seeds they are, but I’d be happy to discuss this plant with an originator of the strain. Mainly for some direction on what to do with her before I make any decisions for myself. I kinda respect all these old school strains and honor them as somebody’s intellectual property, even if I don’t know the origins.

Here’s a few photos of her and, I know, I’m not doing quite as well as I could be doing with a more well prepared space.

View attachment 18999518 View attachment 18999515

I recieved it after it hit a great start, would be a real spectacle with optimal conditions.

View attachment 18999513
Looking good friend. You are off to a good start. Keep us posted.

I Care

IMG_1683.jpeg

This plant is in need of a full feed and flood. What I have read is that the maximum feed for hydro water is around 2.2 ec. Will use a 1/4 strength cal mag and try to get 5-6h PPM of Grow Big and 5-6h PPM of jacks tomato. Aiming for around 12-13h maybe even up to just below 1500ppm water to get this plant growing.

It benefitted form the last watering but it’s growing with more mass and branching than everyone else from the start.

Pretty sure relying only on soil and the lighting has throttled this plant a lot. Really feel like throttling it up now that the indoor and outdoor temps are becoming stable.

This plant makes me desire a woods outdoor container hydro system. Like a 50 gallon coco/peat/perlite pot and 50 gallon water system for one incredibly large specimen. It may be more beneficial to look into greenhouse garden solutions right now than to invest in any lighting.

P.S.:
I want to throw in a little side story into this thread, because the direction I’m starting to wish for this thread.

I have a foul/fowl story to tell.

I travel the interstate once a week or so to go to a location that sells premium rolling tobacco. I decided I would go right after work this week and I pulled over at a rest area to smoke my pipe, smoke a cigarette and do some online banking.​
Well here comes this fuckin chicken up on my driver side. While I’m sitting there at a fuckin interstate rest area. Dude is like the size of a fuckin rubber chicken and when he crows the cunt sounded like one too. So im fucking laughing my ass offf at this little guy cause he comes out of the middle of fucking nowhere highway rest area crowing at me.​

I had to ask the guy if he was hungry, so I say “are you hungry buddy?” and the little cunt is like pecking at the fucking ground as soon as I finish my question. Due is so funny, I gotta get out of the car and take a piss. So I left the door open to the car in case the guy wanted to go for a ride at will, I couldn’t find shit for him to eat in my car. Well he hadn’t jumped in the car by the time I came back.​
So I like walked up to the guy and this cunt downy like shoes or pants very much. Angry little fucker with his little chime legs starts trying to spur me, so I’m just like oh I’m not fucking with you. I know nothing about chickens and I don’t know how much damage a chicken can do. For all I know these things can amputate fingers and I went to the car for a flannel shirt. The cunt clearly knows that shirts are for catching agressive chickens cause he comeoletely changers his agressive attitude and I’m able to chase him up away from the danger; up into the brush line. Figured he might be a local cunt.​
After I leave, I go get my suicide shag and get on the county road to head back home. I like have to cross state lines to get shit that I need around here, and I just start thinking about this little chicken cunt again, so I stopped at a store. It’s the country so I asked the store associate if they know what I can buy to feed to a chicken. Well she comes around the counter and grabs me a pack of saltine crackers, wishes me luck after I pay for em and I get back on the way toward the on ramp.​
Okay so like an hour and 50 miles later I’m back at this rest area I spotted this rooster at and I pull up like diesrespectfully close behind a dairy tanker; It’s just kinda my spot when I stop there and it’s the closest spot to the brush line there. I get out with my pack of crackers, start snacking on the way up the hill to the brush line. Sure enough, little rooster is just sitting there looking out of place as can be and looking at me for some food again. So I put down some crumbs for him, he eats a little. I put my hand out with some crumbs and he was trying to spur me so I dump em.​
He just starts heading off the parking area again. And now I’m fucking walking side by side with some little rooster on the side of the interstate. The truck decided to pull up o the other end of he rest area and he’s staring at me after walking with this chicken, so I hollered out to him.​
The driver starts waking over and I tell him I saw the guy earlier and I came back with some crackers cause the guy was obviously looking for someone to feed him. The driver is like I saw ya and I thought is this guy out taking his chicken on a morning walk? He said his daughter is looking for a rooster but he didn’t have a box to put him in the truck. So the guy driving the dairy truck teases the little cunt in with some crackers, grabs him up and said something like that’s how ya do it there. Passes me the guy and say he’ll be calm if I wrap him in a shirt. He’ll just get hit by a car here. He said somebody probably ditched him there.​
Well now I got a 1/4 scale rooster and nothing but a little bird crate for him. He will get beat to shit if I put him in with the chickens that are already here, he thinks he’s a big fella and the other young rooster have spurs like an inch long here. The odds aren’t even worth betting on. And, I need to find a solution. If I set up a well ventilated green house or fenced/covered garden of some kind I may be able to keep him safe from the aerial predators.​
Look at this fella, he is incredibly small. He defiled eats Beatles and I think he would eat caterpillars and grasshopper and keep a fertile food plot. I think he was getting pecked at or had a hard winter. He could be a few years old too, he is a bantam and it’s possible for them to live up to 15 years. Small chicken in a serviceable German vehicle​
IMG_1677.jpeg IMG_1676.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1683.jpeg
    IMG_1683.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1678.jpeg
    IMG_1678.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 4