What's new

kingbrite lights

wickytokes

I am moving from HPS to LED and kingbrite have a new 2023 model that is
Samsung LM301H Mix Deep Red XP-E2 Dimmable 650W
for $651 total including shipping
is this good value for this type of light and is there anything out there better?
from what I understand the LM301H is the best on the market and the cree 660nm is better than epistar so it seems to me this light is as good as it gets???

Last edited:
Those lights appear to only have half the red they need to compete with HPS. Surely you can find a model with sufficient red, roughly four dozen 660nm diodes per 100w:
20230120_094946.jpg

Do they have any customer service? DO they interact with the cannabis community at all?

The people behind King Brite built my custom lights. You could say I'm responsible for the 2200k bloom lights that will be flooding the market. They do not interact with the community because the community does not know what it wants, and they do not know how to market without offending ignorant sheep.
King Brite does not understand why people buy the lights they do. They made a million designs and only the bad ones sell. They were wondering why no one was recreating HPS spectrum when I approached them with my requirements.

midwestkid

Veteran
Those lights appear to only have half the red they need to compete with HPS. Surely you can find a model with sufficient red, roughly four dozen 660nm diodes per 100w:
View attachment 18803678

The people behind King Brite built my custom lights. You could say I'm responsible for the 2200k bloom lights that will be flooding the market. They do not interact with the community because the community does not know what it wants, and they do not know how to market without offending ignorant sheep.
King Brite does not understand why people buy the lights they do. They made a million designs and only the bad ones sell. They were wondering why no one was recreating HPS spectrum when I approached them with my requirements.
What's the model called that you helped them with? When will it come to market?

wickytokes

View attachment 18803678

I want 480w that is good for both veg and bloom what should I tell them for my custom requirements to get as close to HPS?

Shall I just tell them I want the 480w light that I posted about in the first post which has 4 bars but have 16 xp-e2 660nm diodes per bar = 64 xp-e2 660nm diodes?

Last edited:

Ca++

Lots of 660 won't replicate a sodium. They are 580-600. Where the red peak of most LEDs is. Also they are heaters. Look at the 825
HPS-Spectrum-1024x872.png

That graph is typical. They all differ a bit. One's for growing have usually managed to shift the peak, but not past 610. While floodlights sit about 580. A red LED is 630. Deep red, 660. Amber LEDs are 580-600 like a sodium.

What we often don't look at, is the idea of less light. More that.. more that.. but the outstanding differences between HPS and LED are the heat spike that drives transpiration, and less blue. A number of studies have shown cannabis to not like blue. We see them not grow towards it, and toughen up. Short stocky plants with heavy set shade leaves. Rosetting in some cases, where the internodes just won't stretch out.

Much of the move over to LED has revolved around adding more Ca, as the lower transpiration rates are not carrying so much. It's the heat element of the lamp behind that. In general terms, cannabis isn't that fussy about it's light. People looked for the high potency spectrum, only to find it doesn't care. It just likes lots of light. However, some is less useful such as green, and some seems to be damaging, like blue and beyond. Nobody doubts beyond blue is damaging, but the idea this extends into blue is at odds with our eyes. Or is it... when we are blue filtering our screens these days. Is it that much of a surprise.

To this end, warm looking LEDs like the 3000K or 2700 if you can get it, might be the one's. While padding out the graph to reach out to 660 is easy, effective, and not bad on the pocket. It would be unwise to add a lot though, as the peak will soon get above that of the 600 peak, which isn't wanted. Such a peak will limit the overall light level possible, before bleaching.

Keep in mind when designing, that a red LED might put it's full effort into a very narrow band of colour. Watt for watt, a red could increase it's band on that graph, 10 times more than a white, who has to use 90% of it's output making other colours. As a typical white has already made perhaps 30% of the 660 needed to max it out, we don't need a lot more reds.
I recently shyed away from the top reds KB offer, as the divergence angle was very acute. It didn't suit my low hanging ways. I get the second best. Still cree I think, and while a little less light, it was spread better for me. I'm not sure many buyers would check this, but it's important.

gmanwho

Veteran
Lots of 660 won't replicate a sodium. They are 580-600. Where the red peak of most LEDs is. Also they are heaters. Look at the 825
HPS-Spectrum-1024x872.png

That graph is typical. They all differ a bit. One's for growing have usually managed to shift the peak, but not past 610. While floodlights sit about 580. A red LED is 630. Deep red, 660. Amber LEDs are 580-600 like a sodium.

What we often don't look at, is the idea of less light. More that.. more that.. but the outstanding differences between HPS and LED are the heat spike that drives transpiration, and less blue. A number of studies have shown cannabis to not like blue. We see them not grow towards it, and toughen up. Short stocky plants with heavy set shade leaves. Rosetting in some cases, where the internodes just won't stretch out.

Much of the move over to LED has revolved around adding more Ca, as the lower transpiration rates are not carrying so much. It's the heat element of the lamp behind that. In general terms, cannabis isn't that fussy about it's light. People looked for the high potency spectrum, only to find it doesn't care. It just likes lots of light. However, some is less useful such as green, and some seems to be damaging, like blue and beyond. Nobody doubts beyond blue is damaging, but the idea this extends into blue is at odds with our eyes. Or is it... when we are blue filtering our screens these days. Is it that much of a surprise.

To this end, warm looking LEDs like the 3000K or 2700 if you can get it, might be the one's. While padding out the graph to reach out to 660 is easy, effective, and not bad on the pocket. It would be unwise to add a lot though, as the peak will soon get above that of the 600 peak, which isn't wanted. Such a peak will limit the overall light level possible, before bleaching.

Keep in mind when designing, that a red LED might put it's full effort into a very narrow band of colour. Watt for watt, a red could increase it's band on that graph, 10 times more than a white, who has to use 90% of it's output making other colours. As a typical white has already made perhaps 30% of the 660 needed to max it out, we don't need a lot more reds.
I recently shyed away from the top reds KB offer, as the divergence angle was very acute. It didn't suit my low hanging ways. I get the second best. Still cree I think, and while a little less light, it was spread better for me. I'm not sure many buyers would check this, but it's important.

humm, im interested in your thoughts on that cannabis doesnt like the blues. they always loved my cmh lighting. But maybe for reasons i am unaware.

Last night i was actually checking out what samsung was doing with the lm301h evo diodes, specifically the evo mint white diodes. Their description claims more blue for reduced microbial growth( maybe for dispo passing testing?) but increased terpene production(mammoth lighting).

Probably some conflict of interest on many points, an marketing. Also looks like some samsung articles dont mention terpenes for legal reasons, but mammoth lighting does. I know i saw something claimed elsewhere as well.

But heres the links anyways. im no expert. looking forward to your weigh in.

the last link, the samsung video said for the evo they moved the blue peak to 437nm, instead of 450nm, and then the graph looks like the blue intensity was increased into 520nm or so. then added some intensity in the 500-600nm red range.

Ca++

Samsung are making plant lighting, and while not to specific about what plants exactly, the first evo was more blue for leafy greens. They said that. I have not seen the spec about 437nm, but that isn't blue, it is UV. So I agree, very good disco lighting ;)

With little proof of anything, many have long hoped UV might do some magic. For Basil it does help the flavour. Different lighting has altered the taste a little in cannabis, but just a little, and a little more green tasting has been the outcome of more blue end energy. Nothing of use has come of numerous studies. Though with such factual evidence, our desires for lighting that makes flavours can be catered for quite legally.

I don't keep links, but a quick google finds an article with lettuce gets bigger with more blue light, while wheat gets smaller
They have tested cannabis recently, and it didn't like blue. As I had expected from testing of some similar plants previously, and the big clue, sodium lights effectiveness.
Blue does increase potency per gram, but by limiting the grams. It's not a win, when in essence you made the plant less effective, but mostly in weight terms.

CMH is an odd beast. It made lots of red not amber. Then lots of green the sodium didn't. Then that blue though. Plants do live in sunlight, so we are not talking like it kills them outright. It just seems to have a stunting effect. They get by with it, and perhaps the stretch we see without it is a sign of compensating. I can only presume here though, and guess without the blue the CMH could of been better still. Though you can't really grow in an absence of blue, it's said.

Over 30% blue was seen to cause problems in Canna, before the more accurate study. One the the foremost researchers that release stuff on youtube was telling us. It seems that anything more than expected is damaging to the point it can't be ignored. While less is better. Though quantifying that is difficult without that study to read. The message I'm getting is 10% blue is enough. 30 years ago I was reading 5%, but 30 years... It's lost relevance. However at out lighting levels, 5% was the token amount needed. While at lower levels, we still needed to meet that token amount. Meaning we could flower on HPS but if we were to grow at lower illumination, we wanted the agro, with it's extra blue. To meet the token amount.

I tend to let such info slip away these days, and just modify what (I think) I know. Which is LED lighting gives more than enough blue with any colour temperature of white light.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
ve
Samsung are making plant lighting, and while not to specific about what plants exactly, the first evo was more blue for leafy greens. They said that. I have not seen the spec about 437nm, but that isn't blue, it is UV. So I agree, very good disco lighting ;)

With little proof of anything, many have long hoped UV might do some magic. For Basil it does help the flavour. Different lighting has altered the taste a little in cannabis, but just a little, and a little more green tasting has been the outcome of more blue end energy. Nothing of use has come of numerous studies. Though with such factual evidence, our desires for lighting that makes flavours can be catered for quite legally.

I don't keep links, but a quick google finds an article with lettuce gets bigger with more blue light, while wheat gets smaller
They have tested cannabis recently, and it didn't like blue. As I had expected from testing of some similar plants previously, and the big clue, sodium lights effectiveness.
Blue does increase potency per gram, but by limiting the grams. It's not a win, when in essence you made the plant less effective, but mostly in weight terms.

CMH is an odd beast. It made lots of red not amber. Then lots of green the sodium didn't. Then that blue though. Plants do live in sunlight, so we are not talking like it kills them outright. It just seems to have a stunting effect. They get by with it, and perhaps the stretch we see without it is a sign of compensating. I can only presume here though, and guess without the blue the CMH could of been better still. Though you can't really grow in an absence of blue, it's said.

Over 30% blue was seen to cause problems in Canna, before the more accurate study. One the the foremost researchers that release stuff on youtube was telling us. It seems that anything more than expected is damaging to the point it can't be ignored. While less is better. Though quantifying that is difficult without that study to read. The message I'm getting is 10% blue is enough. 30 years ago I was reading 5%, but 30 years... It's lost relevance. However at out lighting levels, 5% was the token amount needed. While at lower levels, we still needed to meet that token amount. Meaning we could flower on HPS but if we were to grow at lower illumination, we wanted the agro, with it's extra blue. To meet the token amount.

I tend to let such info slip away these days, and just modify what (I think) I know. Which is LED lighting gives more than enough blue with any colour temperature of white light.
very informative. :respect: we accept 10% blue is a good option.

Ca++

I believe for bloom it would be good. Perhaps for short grow periods like sea of green also.

I think a bit of blue in veg is useful. The fact the plant is less eager to grow upwards, can be exploited. A good thick trunk and lots of foliage can appear on a big bush. Long before it's touching the roof as a sodium might dictate.

Most of us spent years using sodium for grow and bloom, even knowing the MH could grow a compact plant. When the choice was there, we still grew with the sodium as it was more efficient. Using the 250% stretch in our timing calculations. We never really needed veg lights. Though as a tool, they have their uses.

Rocket Soul

My take on blue in leds is that the more blue the more transpiration; if you have problems controlling your environment which is the main way to get led grown plants to drink then go for a little more blue; either as full cycle light or have some blue/uv on a separate channel.

gmanwho

Veteran
Use kingbirte 480watts for 5 year still working for my mother room . Good led , but not enough!!!
yes, i agree, i got the 550watt cococabanna or some name like that. 500 full spec channel. then 2 separate channels, 25w uv an 25w far red.

at this point with current tech i would definitely get 750-800w range for my next fixtures.

i gotta lower the fixture to like 14 in to get 1000ppfd.

they are nice and im getting the hang of them. only 2nd run with them. i just wish they had another 250w or so

had a few hiccups. but i think the killer genetics saved me. last pics with crispy leaves they where on low food diet the last 10days

full
full
full
full

Merrio341

I am moving from HPS to LED and kingbrite have a new 2023 model that is
Samsung LM301H Mix Deep Red XP-E2 Dimmable 650W
for $651 total including shipping
is this good value for this type of light and is there anything out there better?
from what I understand the LM301H is the best on the market and the cree 660nm is better than epistar so it seems to me this light is as good as it gets???
The Samsung LM301H is indeed a well-regarded LED chip known for its efficiency and light output. The inclusion of Cree's XP-E2 Deep Red LEDs can enhance the spectrum with additional red wavelengths, which are beneficial for flowering and fruiting stages.

chiesesganja

yes, i agree, i got the 550watt cococabanna or some name like that. 500 full spec channel. then 2 separate channels, 25w uv an 25w far red.

at this point with current tech i would definitely get 750-800w range for my next fixtures.

i gotta lower the fixture to like 14 in to get 1000ppfd.

they are nice and im getting the hang of them. only 2nd run with them. i just wish they had another 250w or so

had a few hiccups. but i think the killer genetics saved me. last pics with crispy leaves they where on low food diet the last 10days

full
full
full
full
More nitrogen!!

Latest posts

Latest posts