What's new

King Kush (So Cal Version) Info / Questions

Hello All,

Well I've Been On The Hunt For Answers Since About 2008. I Use To Smoke Some Indica Called King Kush, It Was Some Of The Best Weed I've Ever Had. To Me It Resembled a Really Nice Bubba Kush. I WS Getting It In Orange County In 2008. I've Always Wanted To Know The Genetics. The Problem Is There's More Than One King Kush. Most People Are Familiar With The Greenhouse Seed Co Version Which Is OG Kush x Grape Ape. This Is NOT The Version I Am Referring To. The Cut I Would Like To Know About Is Rumored To Be A So Cal Clone Only. I've Heard It May Abe A Bubba x OG but Which Bubba & Which OG Is What I'm Interested In. CaliTreefactory, Delta 9 and Green Dragon Caregivers All Located In So Cal Hold The Cut But Don't Know Much On Its Origins! Any Input Would be Appreciated!! -Joe

B

bench warmer

"King" is an OG Kush x Afghani by Reeferman from back around 2006. Do you think it may have been this, just slightly renamed?

soundman

Hello All,

Well I've Been On The Hunt For Answers Since About 2008. I Use To Smoke Some Indica Called King Kush, It Was Some Of The Best Weed I've Ever Had. To Me It Resembled a Really Nice Bubba Kush. I WS Getting It In Orange County In 2008. I've Always Wanted To Know The Genetics. The Problem Is There's More Than One King Kush. Most People Are Familiar With The Greenhouse Seed Co Version Which Is OG Kush x Grape Ape. This Is NOT The Version I Am Referring To. The Cut I Would Like To Know About Is Rumored To Be A So Cal Clone Only. I've Heard It May Abe A Bubba x OG but Which Bubba & Which OG Is What I'm Interested In. CaliTreefactory, Delta 9 and Green Dragon Caregivers All Located In So Cal Hold The Cut But Don't Know Much On Its Origins! Any Input Would be Appreciated!! -Joe

I know just what your talking about. There was King Kush then Kings Kush came out. two different strains.

Some very well respected folks suspect Master Kush to be in the mix.

I was reminded of that unique smell from a pheno of LA Confidential.

Only seen that strain at The Weed in Studio City.

"King" is an OG Kush x Afghani by Reeferman from back around 2006. Do you think it may have been this, just slightly renamed?

That Is a Great Theory! Someone Had Mentioned The King By Reeferman Before To Me When Inquiring About This Same Topic, But I was Not Able To Find Any Info. The 2006 Timeline Makes Total Sense With The King Kush im Referring to. I'm Gonna Do Some Further Digging I Really Appreciate it!

Did this cut ever go by "The church" or "church OG"?

As Far As I Know There Was A King Kush That Was A Cross That Involved Church at The WEED In Studio City But Is A Different King Kush Than What I'm Looking For. There's Like 4 King Kushes So It's So a Confusing. Thanks For Sharing!

I know just what your talking about. There was King Kush then Kings Kush came out. two different strains.

Some very well respected folks suspect Master Kush to be in the mix.

I was reminded of that unique smell from a pheno of LA Confidential.

Only seen that strain at The Weed in Studio City.

Sounds like the same strain I'm thinking of. Some people have used og la affie to knock off the real king which smells just like real special LA confidential. I Was Told The King Kush At The WEED is a Bubba x Church. They may have heard wrong though or had a misinformed budtender which is common. When you said it smelled like La Con I Knew we were talking about the same strain. So far for possibilities I have. Bubba x Church, Bubba x Og, and OG x Afghani . I really hope to get some solid answers soon!

JAWS

church--green house--fem

swiss sativa x skunk x super skunk x northern lights

kings kush--green house--fem

og kush * grape ape

the kings kush--high definition genetics reg {f1}

triangle kush * elvis

those are the pieces i have in Relastion to this conversation.

peace :)

mack 10

Veteran
The Swiss sativa and indica where Grand flora crossed to Erdbei (sp)
True old school strains.

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
I got some outdoor king kush from socal last summer just as the op described i got it from someone but i was like 45 minutes away from hemet

It reminds me of a master kush cross it has a little more sugar and less kush on the exhale and mellow smoke .. great flavor good daytime smoke .. i have a friend who asks about it all the time

soundman

Sounds like the same strain I'm thinking of. Some people have used og la affie to knock off the real king which smells just like real special LA confidential. I Was Told The King Kush At The WEED is a Bubba x Church. They may have heard wrong though or had a misinformed budtender which is common. When you said it smelled like La Con I Knew we were talking about the same strain. So far for possibilities I have. Bubba x Church, Bubba x Og, and OG x Afghani . I really hope to get some solid answers soon!

I use to get it at The Weed back in 2006ish I think. The owner was the bud tender at that time and didnt know what the hybrid was made of. He thought maybe Bubba x OG. I suspected Master in there too. Morpheus at Cornerstone Research, whom I totally respect his opinion, mentioned Master in it before I brought it up.

Could be Bubba X Og X master or LA Affie X Master?

fvasquez

Had the Kings Kush from a great dispensary in the SFV about 8-10 years ago. Bag appeal was its best trait. Pale green nugs almost fluorescent and iced up. Smelled like a bubba/LA Con cross. If I had to guess I would say bubba x master. Wasn't potent enough so I guess that is why you do not see it anymore.

I got some outdoor king kush from socal last summer just as the op described i got it from someone but i was like 45 minutes away from hemet

It reminds me of a master kush cross it has a little more sugar and less kush on the exhale and mellow smoke .. great flavor good daytime smoke .. i have a friend who asks about it all the time
Lots Of People Have Speculated Master Is In There Somewhere. I Would Agree. Beautiful Smoke Indeed You are Lucky To Have Found It.

I use to get it at The Weed back in 2006ish I think. The owner was the bud tender at that time and didnt know what the hybrid was made of. He thought maybe Bubba x OG. I suspected Master in there too. Morpheus at Cornerstone Research, whom I totally respect his opinion, mentioned Master in it before I brought it up.

Could be Bubba X Og X master or LA Affie X Master?

Both of Those Speculations Are Great Possibilities. There Is a Club In LA That Has an Iimitation King Kush and They Made It Using an OG LA Affie Cross. The Thing Is Bubba, OG, LA Affie & Master All Express Very Similar Tastes When Crossed With Eachother. Which Makes This All The More Difficult. The Thing I Do Know For Sure About The King Is It For Sure Has Afghani Heritage. Most Of My Research Is Telling Me It's An OG Bubba Which Would Make Sense.

Had the Kings Kush from a great dispensary in the SFV about 8-10 years ago. Bag appeal was its best trait. Pale green nugs almost fluorescent and iced up. Smelled like a bubba/LA Con cross. If I had to guess I would say bubba x master. Wasn't potent enough so I guess that is why you do not see it anymore.
That Is The One For Sure. I Remember Her Being Very Potent Though. Thanks For The Reply!

Hello All,

Hey JoeHawkins! 'Hope all is well with you! I have definitely had this strain many times but I lost track of it after 2013.

I started getting it in 2006 at The W.E.E.D. (Wellness Energy Earth Dispensary) dispensary in The Valley back in the medical-only access days.

Later, I found it at Cornerstone dispensary near Pasadena labeled as 'K5.' I'm including a pic of the K5 from back in 2013 that I got from Cornerstone collective.

They both seem identical to me, so I will refer to them as King Kush for the rest of this post.

I was told that the King Kush is a clone-only pheno of a an undisclosed Bubba cross at The W.E.E.D., and that it was the "perfect" weed, per the dispensary. I asked if I could purchase a cut, as many shops were offering clones at that time, lol, but I was not able to obtain a cut from them. 🤣

King Kush looks just like a pale lime-green Bubba pheno. It has the identical bud structure of Bubba Kush. It has a very strong, 'soapy,' sandalwoody smell and taste. Although it's effects were similar to Bubba, King Kush has a significantly different, more balanced, Indica-Sativa effect than from Bubba from my experience. It definitely feels and seems like it is mostly Indica, however. I got a heavy, 'heady,' dissociative high combined with a moderate body relaxation high. Although I did get a little bit of paranoia and anxiety when I smoked a very large joint with my friend at the beach in Malibu one time with other people there around us. 🤣 I don't think the strain is high in THC but it's terpenes, bag appeal, and effects are what stand out. 'That smell and that taste though! 'Just unreal!

As far as I know, it went off the radar not too long after I procured it back in 2013 from Cornerstone.

Has anyone seen this strain?

(Click the picture link for more clarity.)

So Cal King Kush

#kingkush #socalkingkush #K5

Attachments

• IMG_2826 (1).JPG
    IMG_2826 (1).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts