What's new

Introducing Tuk-Tuk Seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRS Juan

zeppelindood: Do what you wish, you addy is not comprimised, and I dont think Rez or Bog are suggesting that.

If you consider me a risk, fine thats your right, but the concern being expressed in this thread has nothing to do with security as far as I can tell.

Bubba gave me the seeds, I mailed them myself. No one besides me ever saw the address.

I have traded beans, clones, and even computer stuff with many people on this site. Not one of them has ever had a problem.

-KRS Juan-

Last edited:
Now Zep's all paranoid and things are in an uproar (defending YOUR position one minute and cancelling his safe addy the next). But zeps excitable like that. I don't think this is what anyone wants. There is one IC member that is still MIA that I'm aware of and they traded a lot on the trading thread 1 and 2 (Juan mentioned trading). Shit I think they started the damn thing. I speak of Tropical Rain. Even though we didn't get along very often I miss arguing with the dude and wonder WTF happened to him. Others (BG) have had problems with the law lately so everyone is looking over their shoulder more often as of late. So to make people more comfortable Bubba, Tuk Tuk or whatever your handle was that we should know you by at OG please stop playing the Name Game. If you have a recognizable Nick Name in the growing community spit it out with a few more pics of your Genetics in action. I personally believe you to be S.Tuck from HillBilly Dreams trying to resurface or -*JUICE*- pulling a fast one (see what happens with grey areas. We fill them in with our imagination). HBD's genes were decent. AND sativa based (Tropical liked Sats too hmmmmmm). But who am I?? Just another pot headed grower on the internet who wants to stay safe.

G

Stop.
Please.

(Got Zoloft?) :D

Look,all we are trying to do is verify a few things.
That's all.
Nobody's crying 'foul',this has been an attempt to look out for the good of our members,nothing more.

When someone's selling seeds,I want to be able to ask them anything and get an answer that I can sink my teeth into.

If I don't get answers,then I ask deeper questions.
Simple.

~Rez' Rulez of Thumbz~

1) Addresses used for seed dealies should not be tracable to the person recieving the seeds,or to a growroom.
I've NEVER,EVER heard of anybody being busted due to some pot seeds in their mailbox.

2) Know what you're growing.
By having an understanding of your genetics you can maximise your potential.

3) Put as many watts/m2 as you can afford to cool.It all pays off in the end.

There are many more.

He might have meant me zep. I was going off a bit. I've been a bit sketchy lately myself. Must be the Sativa I've been blessed with from some good peeps. If everyone followed proper procedure around here we wouldn't have sooooo much fun IMHO. They have BOG in the cooler. Go figure. You're next Rez.

G

Lol!
Bog's just hangin out in there,he prolly has a jail fetish :D
The 'zoloft' reference was a call to 'chill out',everyone.

K?

K.

:)

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Well, without going into detail I definitely have more than just a few questions of tuk-tuk.

As for anyone thinking this matter has anything to do with competitiveness...just look at the gallery for tuk-tuk........then wander over to the gallery for Rez and Bog. Do you see breeding stock in their galleries? Yep. Do you know the lineage of their seed varieties...Yeppers, I bet ya do. Do they both support this site as vendors? Do they both stay actively involved through posts with members? Do they discuss their seed origins openly? Yes. Yes. Yes. and Yes.

BUT....what assurance is there of WHAT genetics are actually being offered by tuk-tuk....are they something good, unique, different, masterfully created.....or are they just simply repackaged nirvana type seeds? Why didn't tuk-tuk do his own posting all along....toot his own horn if it's worth tootin', post about the varieties he has and their origins, why the need for a publicity man (sorry KRS....but how well do you actually know this fellow tuk-tuk?) Why the vagueness and lack of communication by tuk-tuk?....Gypsy is just a phone call away, or email, or PM, etc.etc.etc.

Perhaps tuk-tuk will wander around these parts and grace us with some information, but based on what I've seen so far (and lack thereof)...I wouldn't hold my breath. Tuk-tuk was on the site, made some posts, these questions had already been raised, but he neglected to make a post....inquiring minds would like to know why.

ALL of this skepticism has been created through the lack of communication by tuk-tuk himself.

dg

When I saw DG had posted I thought I was in trouble for not MMOB. Tis true that this could get cleared up with a bit more info. It does seem a bit weird.:alien:

Here i go!!

there seems to have been alot of confusion! lol! we are only looking to start a very small "underground" private co not rival the likes of bog/rez/chimera/breeder S.
were not particualrly computer literate (but with all this we are learning fast let me tell you!) sorry we took so long to respond, i dont check the internet too often, as i am quite busy, but heres an attempt, please accept my appologoes oif i fail to answer any questions, if i dont please reiterate them to me in a pm.

we are having tests of our genetics odone by several members of this board, as everyone knows, the proof is in the pudding, so thats why there are testers - so they and hopfully all will see we have what we offer.

im not here to stir up trouble, i ,just got here, we are looking to spread our genetics around ot the few people who may want them.

the origins of our genetics aree mostly from the the states, and various tropical counrties, where we have many friends, who have gifted us with many seeds and various things over the years

as far as why i didnt post my own thread,m well, as i said we not computer people, and happen to have a good friend that is! we thought he was doing us a favour (, and still thank him for it!)

Rez

here are your 3 gone at.
-weve only been a member of OG for a week or so actually, its our first user there. we havent been a mem,ber there before under any user.

-i didnt thuink that would be seen as dodgy, although there has been knowledge of our presence for a few months now, and we asked a friend who was better with a computer to send out some test seeds for us, so people could start to grow them - as they have

- i cant see another question sorry, i will try to remeber and pm it to you.if not please pm it to me! :) i can be quite forgetfull at times as i smoke rather a lot of rather good herb... :) that should also account for my lack of communication! :)

my next point being that, as sharp pain said, the proof is in the pudding.

So judge not lest ye be judged, watch my seeds being grown, and see for yourselves! :)

finally (for now :) ) we are here to share what we can do with a few people, so that may have the opportunitygrow out what we feel are excellent genetics that we have put a lot work into,
we arent here to argue or fight, and unfortunately if being here means we have to be on the internet 24/7 then we will be unable to continue to be here or breed in any public capacity. so we ask you to tighten your leashes, pick up your balls, when were done youll see were as safe as houses. :)

hope that helps alittle,

peace,
bubba

Tuk- You probably should have talked with Gypsy to get clearance to use the site and members of its community in your "tests" as a common courtesy. I don't believe that competition was the basis for the requests for more info on the strains or the skepticism. I believe that it sprang from Juan jumping in here and pimping your stuff out to members on an open forum. It's just a formality. As for my rantings and guesses at who you are... they were in jest. You saw how things can snowball. I helped that a bit to try and get you to approach this properly. Just let them know your intent and I'm sure things will work out fine. Introducing yourself first then your seeds would have been more appropriate IMHO. You don't have to be a computer whiz to drop someone a line and state your intentions. Juan did jump in here and hand out some of your beans and then encouraged people to start threads. All of this isn't necessarily wrong but it did draw some attention. I think they deserve to know about the goings on at their site. I'm sure you'll get a thumbs up once you've communicated a bit more. Ya'll just didn't do things in the right order. Gypsy and the crew are decent people and you appear to be as well. Decent people can work things out to everyones benefit. Peace and good Growing/Breeding. Herb

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
As most of you know......we do not permit seed swapping or trading threads because it means a person has to reveal shipping info to unknown internet entities. This is a matter of security and what we feel we can do to provide some protection for our members. So sending out test seeds falls in this same situation. There are currently only a few EXCEPTIONS as to who has the sites approval to do direct mailing of seeds to it's member base...if they have a vendor forum, they have been approved as a credible company and who follows proper security measures (i.e., Reservoir Seeds, BOG Seeds, Sagarmatha, Soma, The Flying Dutchmen, Wally, DNA, & Reeferman).

If you notice, there are Test Grow sub-forums for the seed co vendors on this site (all except Sagarmatha who do their own testing). Your seeds should have come to Gypsy for testing, test growers would have been selected, and test grow threads done all in one place (SD Test Grows).

The cart really got put in front of the horse here.

As easy as hitting a PM button, you can arrange a meeting with Gypsy, or telephone him, or email him, etc.etc.etc.

dg

Hybrid

WOW!!

WOW!!

All this over some guy giving away free seeds, for people too test grow? He didnt charge anybody anything did he? Guess he should have gone about it a little differently, but i dont think he meant any harm. Good Luck Tuk Tuk....

So does this mean JLP, Capt Crip, and others cant continue?

Last edited:
You said it yourself Hybrid. They should have gone about it differently. It would be real easy at a site like this for the WRONG people to make an offer like this. All but 1 of the target testers accepted willingly and gave up at least their safe addy. As zep stated these are getting harder to come by. It would be real sad if one or more those testers dropped out of contact and met some real trouble because they were offered some beans by the WRONG kind of people. They picked some of our best.

Hybrid

I feel quite certain that most of the people who got the testers knew the risk when they accepted and gave out theyre info, safe(ok) or otherwise(bad idea, even too reputable source). Never ship too or give out addy too a grow.

Hybrid- I don't know who the "others" are you speak of but JLP and CC are known entities and have been for a long time here and at OG. Would you and 5 of your good buddies care to PM me your safe addy's? I have some beans to test. From a reputable grower known on OG. They're Landrace California Sativa based and quite the bomb. And for that matter does Cali have a Landrace Sativa? Do you get the point now? I wish Tuk and Juan the best (Tuk breedin and Juan pimpin) too but this should have been handled differently. Even after many prompts from members and staff the lines of communication still aren't established. If I were Tuk I would see that this got handled correctly before addressing any other issues or starting any new threads. It isn't like he hasn't seen what's going on in his and Juans threads. What we do to help ourselves is still very illegal on most of the planet. This gets overlooked a lot these days.

Hybrid

Hybrid said:
I feel quite certain that most of the people who got the testers knew the risk when they accepted and gave out theyre info, safe(ok) or otherwise(bad idea, even too reputable source). Never ship too or give out addy too a grow.

I think I got the point years 20yrs ago. And i only asked about CC and JLP because they dont meet the criteria of having vendor forum or being seed company as previously stated.

Hybrid- What are you trying to prove? I saw your first post. I could care less about your 20 years of whatever you're trying to claim. I won't quote you my experience with the weed in a figure but it is more then yours. These guys are lucky the staff hasn't come down harder on them. These offers of test seeds are in violation of the terms of use are they not? They don't seem to be seizing the opportunity to make this right. Tuk addressed some issues but didn't answer some very important questions. Your ass or reputation is not on the line here. So it matters NOT what you "feel" or are "certain" of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts