What's new

I find strange things and post them here - feel free to join in

acespicoli

The Shatkarmas (Sanskrit: षटकर्म ṣaṭkarma, literally six actions),
also known as Shatkriyas, are a set of Hatha yoga purifications of the body,
to prepare for the main work of yoga towards moksha (liberation)

past tense: shat; past participle: shat
very strange...

1661280934500.png

Please do not try this at home unsupervised some of these are advanced techniques
such as (VASTRA DHAUTI) and require instruction to prevent injury or death
I used to do NAULI as a child and young teen not for the menstrual benefits however ;)

Very interesting @igrowone

which led me to this :)
nasal flossing with spaghetti

cooking sgetti's in warm salted water qualifies I guess? :dunno:

Last edited:

Cerathule

The Shatkarmas (Sanskrit: षटकर्म ṣaṭkarma, literally six actions),
also known as Shatkriyas, are a set of Hatha yoga purifications of the body,
to prepare for the main work of yoga towards moksha (liberation)

past tense: shat; past participle: shat
very strange...

View attachment 18747889

Please do not try this at home unsupervised some of these are advanced techniques
such as (VASTRA DHAUTI) and require instruction to prevent injury or death
I used to do NAULI as a child and young teen not for the menstrual benefits however ;)

Very interesting @igrowone

which led me to this :)
nasal flossing with spaghetti

cooking sgetti's in warm salted water qualifies I guess? :dunno:

the pic preview with that Spaghetti noodle reminded me of this
Screenshot_20220207-084739_Instagram.jpg

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
a popular group of minstrels calling themselves the "rolling stones" put out an album featuring cover art depicting oddities and sideshow performers
Rolling-Stones-Exile-on-Main-Street.jpg

one of the most popular images featured, was a man called "three-ball" charlie

his story

i guess its no longer pc to marvel at these people and their odd talents, but i will always love a good freak

i must be getting old

eta, a great album that deserves to be listened to!

acespicoli

reminds me of an oldie but goodie
if you enjoyed that also check this if you havent seen it yet well deserved cult classic title from 1932

whenever I would criticize someone for being any kinda different...she said
interestingly the girl that turned me onto this used to say ... how boring would the world be if everyone was the same ? god rest her soul!
1661309254388.png

Freaks (also re-released as The Monster Story,[6] Forbidden Love, and Nature's Mistakes[7]) is a 1932 American pre-Code horror film produced and directed by Tod Browning, starring Wallace Ford, Leila Hyams, Olga Baclanova, and Roscoe Ates.

Freaks, originally intended as a vehicle for Lon Chaney,[7] is set amongst the backdrop of a travelling French circus and follows a conniving trapeze artist who joins a group of carnival sideshow performers with a plan to seduce and murder a dwarf in the troupe to gain his inheritance. However, her plot proves to have dangerous consequences. The film is based on elements from the short story "Spurs" by Tod Robbins, first published in Munsey's Magazine in February 1923, with the rights being purchased by the studio, responsible by MGM art department chief Cedric Gibbons.[6][clarification needed]

Filmed in Los Angeles in the fall of 1931, some employees at MGM were discomfited by the presence of the actors portraying the "freaks" on set, and, other than the so-called more normal looking "freaks", the Siamese twins and the Earles, the performers were not allowed to be on the studio lot, relegated instead to a specially-built tent.[7] The film had test screenings in January 1932, with many members of the audience reacting negatively, finding the film too grotesque. In response to this, MGM executive Irving Thalberg, without consent of director Browning, edited the original 90-minute feature, which was significantly cut, with additional alternate footage incorporated to help increase the running time. The final abridged cut of the film, released in February 1932, was 64 minutes; the original version no longer exists.

Despite the cuts made to the film, Freaks still garnered notice for the portrayal of its eponymous characters by people who worked as sideshow performers and had real disabilities. These cast members included dwarf siblings Harry and Daisy Earles; Johnny Eck, who had sacral agenenis; the conjoined twin sisters Daisy and Violet Hilton; and Schlitzie, a man with microcephaly. Because of its controversial content, the film was banned in the United Kingdom for over 30 years, and was labelled as "brutal and grotesque" in Canada.[8]

Though it received critical backlash and was a box-office failure upon initial release, Freaks was subject to public and critical reappraisal in the 1960s, as a long forgotten Hollywood classic, particularly in Europe, and was screened at the 1962 Venice Film Festival. In retrospect, numerous film critics have suggested that the film presents a starkly sympathetic portrait of its sideshow characters rather than an exploitative one, with Andrew Sarris declaring Freaks one of the "most compassionate" films ever made.[9] Nonetheless, critics have continued to take note of the film's horror elements; in 2009, Joe Morgenstern proclaimed that Freaks contains some of the most terrifying scenes in film history. Film scholars have interpreted the film as a metaphor for class conflict, reflecting the Great Depression, and it has been studied for its portrayal of people with disabilities, with theorists arguing that it presents an anti-eugenics message. The film has been highly influential: it is now considered a cult classic and one of the greatest movies of all time. In 1994, it was selected for preservation by the United States National Film Registry, which seeks to preserve films that are classified "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".[10][11]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1661310734916.png

The Doll Family[a] was an American quartet of sibling entertainers with dwarfism from Stolpen, Germany. They were popular performers in circuses and sideshows in the United States from the mid-1910s until their retirement in 1958. The family members—Gracie, Harry, Daisy and Tiny—also appeared briefly in films;
they were best known as members of The Munchkins in the 1939 MGM film The Wizard of Oz.

Harry and Daisy, billed as Harry Earles and Daisy Earles respectively, both starred in the cult classic film Freaks; Tiny also made a brief appearance in the film.

Last edited:

revegeta666

reminds me of an oldie but goodie
if you enjoyed that also check this if you havent seen it yet well deserved cult classic title from 1932

whenever I would criticize someone for being any kinda different...she said
interestingly the girl that turned me onto this used to say ... how boring would the world be if everyone was the same ? god rest her soul!
View attachment 18748003
Freaks (also re-released as The Monster Story,[6] Forbidden Love, and Nature's Mistakes[7]) is a 1932 American pre-Code horror film produced and directed by Tod Browning, starring Wallace Ford, Leila Hyams, Olga Baclanova, and Roscoe Ates.

Freaks, originally intended as a vehicle for Lon Chaney,[7] is set amongst the backdrop of a travelling French circus and follows a conniving trapeze artist who joins a group of carnival sideshow performers with a plan to seduce and murder a dwarf in the troupe to gain his inheritance. However, her plot proves to have dangerous consequences. The film is based on elements from the short story "Spurs" by Tod Robbins, first published in Munsey's Magazine in February 1923, with the rights being purchased by the studio, responsible by MGM art department chief Cedric Gibbons.[6][clarification needed]

Filmed in Los Angeles in the fall of 1931, some employees at MGM were discomfited by the presence of the actors portraying the "freaks" on set, and, other than the so-called more normal looking "freaks", the Siamese twins and the Earles, the performers were not allowed to be on the studio lot, relegated instead to a specially-built tent.[7] The film had test screenings in January 1932, with many members of the audience reacting negatively, finding the film too grotesque. In response to this, MGM executive Irving Thalberg, without consent of director Browning, edited the original 90-minute feature, which was significantly cut, with additional alternate footage incorporated to help increase the running time. The final abridged cut of the film, released in February 1932, was 64 minutes; the original version no longer exists.

Despite the cuts made to the film, Freaks still garnered notice for the portrayal of its eponymous characters by people who worked as sideshow performers and had real disabilities. These cast members included dwarf siblings Harry and Daisy Earles; Johnny Eck, who had sacral agenenis; the conjoined twin sisters Daisy and Violet Hilton; and Schlitzie, a man with microcephaly. Because of its controversial content, the film was banned in the United Kingdom for over 30 years, and was labelled as "brutal and grotesque" in Canada.[8]

Though it received critical backlash and was a box-office failure upon initial release, Freaks was subject to public and critical reappraisal in the 1960s, as a long forgotten Hollywood classic, particularly in Europe, and was screened at the 1962 Venice Film Festival. In retrospect, numerous film critics have suggested that the film presents a starkly sympathetic portrait of its sideshow characters rather than an exploitative one, with Andrew Sarris declaring Freaks one of the "most compassionate" films ever made.[9] Nonetheless, critics have continued to take note of the film's horror elements; in 2009, Joe Morgenstern proclaimed that Freaks contains some of the most terrifying scenes in film history. Film scholars have interpreted the film as a metaphor for class conflict, reflecting the Great Depression, and it has been studied for its portrayal of people with disabilities, with theorists arguing that it presents an anti-eugenics message. The film has been highly influential: it is now considered a cult classic and one of the greatest movies of all time. In 1994, it was selected for preservation by the United States National Film Registry, which seeks to preserve films that are classified "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".[10][11]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View attachment 18748004

The Doll Family[a] was an American quartet of sibling entertainers with dwarfism from Stolpen, Germany. They were popular performers in circuses and sideshows in the United States from the mid-1910s until their retirement in 1958. The family members—Gracie, Harry, Daisy and Tiny—also appeared briefly in films;
they were best known as members of The Munchkins in the 1939 MGM film The Wizard of Oz.

Harry and Daisy, billed as Harry Earles and Daisy Earles respectively, both starred in the cult classic film Freaks; Tiny also made a brief appearance in the film.
raeimvu-raevu.gif

One of my favourite films ever.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran

revegeta666

My favorite scene:

This guy got skillz lol

This is such a great movie in so many ways, truly ahead of its time and as a horror movie the ending is quite hardcore as well. On top of that the characters are really endearing, and it manages to do all that over a very short length. Filmmakers of the thirties were really creative and ballsy in a way that just doesn't happen anymore.

Imagine this movie being released today and the outrage it would cause. It would be cancelled in a second haha.

revegeta666

Here is a Cannibal Corpse song on top of some hippie band's video. It works surprising well I would say and the silly dancing is hilarious. Do it yourself. Do it now. It is cathartic and liberating. Dance like a hippie right now in front of your wife, to the sound of death metal. Thank me later.

acespicoli

The cure for anything is salt water — sweat, tears, or the sea.
Isak Dinesen
thats a huge swell and the way it breaks is so unusual,
huge waves breaking too early is how it looks,
and there must be some gnarly coral down there on those reefs

Id have to put on my big girl panties for that party.:shark: was that a huge shark they showed?
is that how all the beaches are down under? Saw somewhere there a thing on the beaches that randomly kills people.
Cant remember if it was coral or a fish?

Fraser Island beach is often described as “the most dangerous beach in the world”.
This is obviously due to the dingoes that roam on the island, as well as being a popular hangout for great white sharks, jellyfish and poisonous sting rays.

Many times surfing in the dark, during hurricanes, with the dolphins and sharks huge rays...
Those waves are insane!!!
Back in the day, id been right in there after I got a good layer of sex wax on , most likely, id have to see it in real life
Your definitely gonna sneeze salt water...
I might be bull shi*in it looked pretty rough
its a fist in the still shot lol :D:wahey:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts