What's new

Hydrolate with herbal cannabis

wuluz

Hi, everyone
Has anyone made a hydrolat from cannabis herb?
It would be important to know whether the herb and the stems are dried beforehand or whether they are freshly distilled.
Eucalyptus is freshly distilled, lavender is dry.
I want to use the distillate for room spray :)

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I'm sure someone has however you may need to keep searching. Most uses of cannabis are for the mind and not much for smells. Keep us posted if you can so we can learn more about hydrolat. 😎

wuluz

I'm sure someone has however you may need to keep searching. Most uses of cannabis are for the mind and not much for smells. Keep us posted if you can so we can learn more about hydrolat. 😎
maybe I can find someone who has already done something like this.
If not, I'll try it and report back.
I love the smell of these plants, I want to capture it :)
There might be a gap in the market.

wuluz

I remember many times I thought wow this would make a wonderful smell in a bottle. 😎
@Creeperpark ..yes some plants smell really special. I absolutely have to do it, I'm just curious if and how the distillate will work. Will be a new experience.
The Thai Chi is distilled, it smells very strongly of citrus. It is big and has a lot of material :)

ChingonaSr.

Hi, everyone
Has anyone made a hydrolat from cannabis herb?
It would be important to know whether the herb and the stems are dried beforehand or whether they are freshly distilled.
Eucalyptus is freshly distilled, lavender is dry.
I want to use the distillate for room spray :)
Hi
Got myself a stove top still from ebay to experiment with. So, since I grow, I have a lot of leftovers. Using dried & cured, but not decarbed buds, and extracted about 500 ml. using kitchen RO water which gave me a slightly milky clear fluid;I also have about a pint of steamed, probably extremely clean, weed that smells heavenly, very floral.
Knowing nothing about anything very useful except how to grow weed, I am wondering to what use these two residues could be put. No chemistry, bio-chemistry, etc. in my nake up, I have read that cannabinoids and most terpenes are not water-solulbable however given how wonderfully fragrant the distillate is as well as the leftover steamed weed is , it seems like there has to be something useful there. Doesn't there?

romanoweed

it wont matter if its fresh or dried i think.
there are scents and scents can be distilled.

dry vs fresh might be a difference that only professionals care. fresh it might have a bit more scent, while dried you just evaporatet and lost some of terpenes in the curing process..

shure, youre not making anything substentially wrong distilling smells.. thats as close i can tell you what to doo.
i heard canna is terpene rich, and terpenes beeing kinda tricky to extract, but the solution to the problem i dont know...

i did a destillation of cannabis, just some random bud, smelled really cool, cant tel exactly cause it was stinky CBD weed to begin with, and im more into tropical sativa terps.. but there is a certain dullness i assume, wich i also had when distilling orange, orange is also terpene rich..
probably google "orange" distill" "terpenes" "problematic",
might be discussed more often than an illegal drug

romanoweed

sidenote: i once had a cannabis that DID smell like a full perfume, it had that more multidimensional quality of a perfume, rather than the unidimensionality of a single compound. wich is VERY VERY RARE i think. so im a totall supporter of distilling cannbis for perfume.

So that unknown Strain (acording loong reserch might have been Middle Eastern Landrace) smelled like young peoples perfume overall, something like energydrink / many tropical fruits like watermelon , mango, peach / but also a slight woody note , or shoe polish.. and that are very diverse notes (woods / fruits / herbal too) ..

Anyway, it was one of the best smells i ever smelled, gave me this "going out" "saturdaynight" feeling.. very very good..

oh, and i have found a middleeastern Landrace that has a bit of a similar smell called Turkish Delight - Dr. Greenthumb., but its not really on the same level like the unknown bud long ago. it was really awesome..
also cool is that cannabis scent yeald is very good compared to other flowers..

goingrey

So the idea is to boil off terpenes and then capture them with a still? I like it.

And even more I like the idea of grabbing the essential oils floating in the water.

romanoweed

Yes, the herbs are in a mesh rather than in the Water, the steam rips the Scent with it, you collect it. You got it!
Most widely used perfume method..

Latest posts

Latest posts