What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How Often to Apply Fulvic Acid to Soil?

VenerableHippie

Hello ... Thanks to previous posters but I can't read thru all the pseudo science posted on Fulvic. I just want to know how often to apply the mix at the manufacturer's recommended rate. This is on soil, not foliar. Thanks in anticipation ...

lemonade

Veteran
I personally use about half of what they recommend every second or third watering with soil-less (pro mix, etc).

I've used a bunch of different products but I'm currently using GPF by GreenPlanet which is supposed to be 3% fulvic acid. They recommend 5 ml per L but like I said I've been using half strength; mostly so it lasts longer .😏

I think its a good additive, but not a "must have" kinda thing if ya know what i mean. 😁

xet

I water and feed in the same solution, feeding fulvic (molasses) every time I water (carbs are the single most overlooked part of growing imo)

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Is Mr Fulvic carbs also? I have been using Bluegold carbs in flower when I top-water feed, in addition to the Mr. Fulvic. My grows are very deficient on the tric heads, and that is why I have been using the Bluegold.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I wonder if this stuff, used as a foliar spray, would help my soil grows make trics?

VenerableHippie

The ducks nuts on this is user Fat Freddie who is something of a science head. You will find in the Wizards of Oz Forum. He has grown an 8 pounder and part of his feed regime was Fulvic applied at a rate much higher than anyone here has suggested. Typically I can't remember his feed ratios so you'll have to ask him. Maybe even PM him.

On the advice of an Agronomist employed by the company that makes the product I use I applied fulvic as an antidote to Roundup poisoning at TEN TIMES the rate advised on the label of my product and no harm came to my garden. I applied at this rate a number of times. (My garden survived.)

Fat Freddie advised that Fulvic needs to be used in combination with other fert to get best results.

ice minus

I'd be interested in an update on how to use this stuff in 2024!

I have a bottle of BioAg Ful-Power here

Clackamas Coots was apparently a big fan of this stuff in his decade old posts, but unsure what or how exactly to use it

I grow in soil too, cheers!