What's new

Hombre del Monte's garden.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
this good example of pollen chuckin.

I was making posi haze seeds for myself, so I hit few keepers of posi haze with good number of random males, in that time I had nevilles haze cut at same place, it was big plant and I got 50 or 60 seeds from it... nhz x posi hz... I shared it with my friend @flower~power and he likes it.. that is good example of homemade pollen chucks..you are luck or not lucky... you can get good plants from pollen chucking, just... breeding is about genetics, all plants in the line, and not about some one lonely plant which can be even elite... with real breeding you think of next generations, of future... pollen chucker thinks of presence only and personal benefit, doesn't care about state of genetics for future generations of growers. nope.. pollen chucker has no responsibility. it is just naive playing, mixing this with that without any idea what you are doing and what result can be and what consequences it can have for future of genetics...

now. I cant release it as it contains weird leafy dwarf non-resinous plants, and also hermie plants... among them there are some killer plants too. but overall as line it is terrible... result of pollen chucking.. it needs some breeding program to get proper form..

View attachment 18997621

of course, there are breeding programs which dont have good results, it happens.. it is natural...
Personally I acknowledge I'm on the pollen chucking level. But I try to be honest with myself as to what is quality. I try to research the genetics I use in hope of chucking a quality foundation to do actual breeding if the result are good. If not I'll smoke them and try something else. If I ever get to a point where my results are an improvement on those foundations I will try to share with more than my circle of friends.

I think that honesty is one of the biggest factors in breeding. Honesty about wether or not the finished product is actually quality or not. Honesty about the genetics used so people know if the seed is from a hobby chucker or serious breeder. Too many egos. Lots of people determine to always release something new even if what they have is not any improvement or even a step back from the work they are using. When a breeder is honest with themselves about quality and tries to only release work they can be proud of then a customer can begin to understand their palette and really get to know the little nuances and preference that make us unique.

Consolidated

Personally I acknowledge I'm on the pollen chucking level. But I try to be honest with myself as to what is quality. I try to research the genetics I use in hope of chucking a quality foundation to do actual breeding if the result are good. If not I'll smoke them and try something else. If I ever get to a point where my results are an improvement on those foundations I will try to share with more than my circle of friends.

I think that honesty is one of the biggest factors in breeding. Honesty about wether or not the finished product is actually quality or not. Honesty about the genetics used so people know if the seed is from a hobby chucker or serious breeder. Too many egos. Lots of people determine to always release something new even if what they have is not any improvement or even a step back from the work they are using. When a breeder is honest with themselves about quality and tries to only release work they can be proud of then a customer can begin to understand their palette and really get to know the little nuances and preference that make us unique.
Well said bro...
Some just want to release the new "creation" - with a catchy name - and tell others that everything...." I think you miss something ..."
I wish you the best for the coming season Hombre.

Eltitoguay

Well, meanwhile and a few hundred kilometers northwest of our host Mr. Del Monte and in the neighboring Autonomous Community, today, this humble servant of yours has proposed and successfully completed, the mission as exciting as it is daring, of bringing some wheelbarrows of herbs from those that I pluck from my field (and that climb up to the branches of the olive trees), to a neighbor's sheep... ...Hold your breath, and avoid any noise or sudden movement... They seem tame, calm, harmless, lying there taking a nap...(but as soon as they see me approaching with the wheelbarrow loaded with green...)
IMG_20240509_121531.jpg
IMG_20240509_121658.jpg

...¡¡Al ataque!!
IMG_20240509_120905.jpg

IMG_20240509_120838.jpg

IMG_20240509_120817.jpg
IMG_20240509_120731.jpg

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Well, meanwhile and a few hundred kilometers northwest of our host Mr. Del Monte and in the neighboring Autonomous Community, today, this humble servant of yours has proposed and successfully completed, the mission as exciting as it is daring, of bringing some wheelbarrows of herbs from those that I pluck from my field (and that climb up to the branches of the olive trees), to a neighbor's sheep... ...Hold your breath, and avoid any noise or sudden movement... They seem tame, calm, harmless, lying there taking a nap...(but as soon as they see me approaching with the wheelbarrow loaded with green...)
Good looking animals!.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Good morning to you all.

I'm pleased to report that it is another beautiful spring day in Las Alpujarras.

I've just got back from my second breakfast and coffee. Today was my turn to pay; 4 coffees and 2 cheese and tomato on toast...€8.20!. And it's good coffee!

Here's the rest of the plants.
IMG_20240510_114502.jpg
top row, left to right.
5 Malawi x Mulanje/Ethiopian

Second row from top, l to r
3 zamal/Jamaican Blue Mountain x A5/Thai, 2 PCK

Third row from top, l to r
3 Maple leaf indica, 1 PCK and 1 Zamaldelicia (female)

Fourth row from top, l to r
2 Green 19 A5 Haze (female), 1 original (icmag) Haze, 2 Erdpurt

Fifth row from top, l to r
3 Blue Sting, 2 Grand Funk

Bottom row, l to r
2 blanks, 1 maple leaf indica, 2 Grand Funk.

I have 3 Mango Haze x Headbanger germinating also.

I will only keep 6 of the Sativas here in my garden; the rest of the plants, once sexed, will be passed out to local "cousins".

I had had thoughts of doing a bit of pollen chucking myself this year, but after linking in the seed fridge, I've changed my mind. I have too many things that I want to grow already and am expecting some more to land on my doorstep in the next day or so.😉 ("thank you cousin!").

Our local garden centre sells fem seeds for €2 each. A friend asked me to germinate some for her whilst she was on holiday. 7 seeds and only only 4 came up!
All of my varieties had over 90% success.
I ask you?, 3 super silver haze, 2 Og Kush and 2 white widow, all €14... Absolute shit.
I grew SSH and White Widow many years ago, when they first came out. Never did, or even smoked Og kush.
Slowly, slowly, I'm educating people to the benefits of good genetics.

Hasta luego

Eltitoguay

By the way, I didn't mention it then because I was still working... Last April 23rd was World Book Day.
The specific date was chosen, because on April 23, 1616, none other than Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra (creator of the novel as a narrative literary genre, and pinnacle of universal narrative), Willian Shakespeare (pinnacle of universal theatrics) and Inca Garcilaso de la Vega, died... I leave you some commemorative posters (they are still plastered everywhere) of those published in my Autonomous Community, where Cervantes saw fit to give birth to Don Quixote, and turn this remote region into a metaphor for the rest of the world and humanity. In one of the posters, Don Quixote says and encourages the Little Prince of Saint-Euxpéry: "Let's change the world, friend Little Prince; it is neither madness nor utopia, but justice"
Cartel Día del Libro_2024.jpg
ManifiestoDiaDelLibro2023.jpg
fotonoticia_20240402134747_690.jpg
2018-04-23-PHOTO-00002394.jpg
230fa224a2b6f0f92232bd4b612388d2.jpg

... And remember the phrase (I don't remember if it was from Jorge Luís Borges or Augusto Monterroso): "Outside the dog, the book is probably the human's best friend...; inside the dog, it is probably too dark to be able to read..." As The Little Prince says on the last commemorative poster: Don't allow your smile to fade.
IMG_20221004_102948.jpg

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran

if you can read, I wrote that it doesn't matter what creator thinks about it... others have to confirm it..

and that's what I say to pollen chuckers, like I said already, ::::: get it to the people and let see if it is so good like you think hehehehehhehehe.

some people are clever as fuck... but only theoretically.. they know how it should be and what breeder should do.. they even give suggestions or even recommendations to breeder what to do... cross this with this, then backcross it and you will get this.. hahhahaha. theoretically. while practically they have no clue what they are talking about and just put names together and imagine something in their heads

I am speaking of my experience LOL

I grew tons of seeds from members here and other pollen chuckers. and I say there is visible difference if you grow something from pollen chucker or breeder like Skunkman. there is clear fingerprint visible. in how plants grow and perform. that's why all those pollen chuckers from 90s used skunk1 in everything... pollen chucker needs breeders work, breeder doesn't need pollen chucker´s seeds. difference is clear and not like some would like to suggest there is no difference. it is clear difference.

it is like with famous music group.. the doors for example or the beatles. some revival of it. or Elvis.. Elvis has tons of imitators, yet Elvis doesn't need them in his creativity. imitators would be nothing without Elvis. same with pollen chuckers and their using breeder´s work.

why? when it is clear in music, who is creator of what style and everybody respects it, why it is not clear to you guys in cannabis breeding who created what style? and try to stir difference between breeder´s work and pollen chuckin? not enough respect to real breeding work? dont know really.

one note to ego... of course when somebody makes seeds to grow his Ego, it is disgusting, but those seeds will not be grown when it is not done with passion. but every breeder, pollen chucker too - that is funny, put some pride to their work, it cant work without it.. in the end we are all human beings, we are not separated, but we have egoistic system of psychics. I have never met any human being which would have non egoistic system. even altruism is kind of egoistic. you are doing something for others without profit. it is still egoistic, because it satisfies you somehow. when it is not egoistic system of psychics, it is not human system. realize that basics of this nerve system was developed sooner than even trees started to exist... before animals got from ocean to dry surface of the planet... ha! so like some guy can change it in his single life by criticizing somebody as egoistic? just by some saying? like you are too egoistic LOL oh sorry dude I inherited this egoistic system what should I do? to commit suicide to satisfy your need to regulate my egoism? cant you let me be, let me live how I was created with egoistic system of psychics?

in my opinion. breeder should be extravagant and completely his own style, strong personality, strong ego - extreme individuality, should not care about opinions of others, do what he wants. say what he wants.. do it his way, it is essential for such work... own style- that says anything. no fucking compromises!

Last edited:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
if you can read, I wrote that it doesn't matter what creator thinks about it... others have to confirm it..

and that's what I say to pollen chuckers, like I said already, ::::: get it to the people and let see if it is so good like you think hehehehehhehehe.

some people are clever as fuck... but only theoretically.. they know how it should be and what breeder should do.. they even give suggestions or even recommendations to breeder what to do... cross this with this, then backcross it and you will get this.. hahhahaha. theoretically. while practically they have no clue what they are talking about and just put names together and imagine something in their heads

I am speaking of my experience LOL

I grew tons of seeds from members here and other pollen chuckers. and I say there is visible difference if you grow something from pollen chucker or breeder like Skunkman. there is clear fingerprint visible. in how plants grow and perform. that's why all those pollen chuckers from 90s used skunk1 in everything... pollen chucker needs breeders work, breeder doesn't need pollen chucker´s seeds. difference is clear and not like some would like to suggest there is no difference. it is clear difference.

it is like with famous music group.. the doors for example or the beatles. some revival of it. or Elvis.. Elvis has tons of imitators, yet Elvis doesn't need them in his creativity. imitators would be nothing without Elvis. same with pollen chuckers and their using breeder´s work.

why? when it is clear in music, who is creator of what style and everybody respects it, why it is not clear to you guys in cannabis breeding who created what style? and try to stir difference between breeder´s work and pollen chuckin? not enough respect to real breeding work? dont know really.

one note to ego... of course when somebody makes seeds to grow his Ego, it is disgusting, but those seeds will not be grown when it is not done with passion. but every breeder, pollen chucker too - that is funny, put some pride to their work, it cant work without it.. in the end we are all human beings, we are not separated, but we have egoistic system of psychics. I have never met any human being which would have non egoistic system. even altruism is kind of egoistic. you are doing something for others without profit. it is still egoistic, because it satisfies you somehow. when it is not egoistic system of psychics, it is not human system. realize that basics of this nerve system was developed sooner than even trees started to exist... before animals got from ocean to dry surface of the planet... ha! so like some guy can change it in his single life by criticizing somebody as egoistic? just by some saying? like you are too egoistic LOL oh sorry dude I inherited this egoistic system what should I do? to commit suicide to satisfy your need to regulate my egoism? cant you let me be, let me live how I was created with egoistic system of psychics?

in my opinion. breeder should be extravagant and completely his own style, strong personality, strong ego - extreme individuality, should not care about opinions of others, do what he wants. say what he wants.. do it his way, it is essential for such work... own style- that says anything. no fucking compromises!
I think we agree more than we disagree and often where we disagree is more about our choice of words than an actual disagreement.

From how you describe your favorite smoke i have little doubt I would enjoy it. And if my hobby projects ever get to where I would like them I am confident you would also enjoy the results. Little bit of trial and error with some time and space and hopefully I will start creating what I am looking for.

Latest posts

Latest posts