What's new

Hombre del Monte's garden.

revegeta666

The reason solitary bees and wasp don't sting unless they feel threatened, is because they live on their own and don't have a colony to protect. So they're not aggressive at all. You can attract them to your plants drilling holes in wood like el timbo said. They use the holes to fill them with bugs, then when the holes are full, they will lay their eggs inside and close the hole with mud. Next season when larvae are born, they feed on the bugs before coming out.

We have several insect houses like these in the garden, to attract them both to the cannabis plants and the vegetables. This year they're all almost full.
IMG_20240322_171905.jpg

A good trick to make sure they spent as much time as possible in the proximity of your cannabis plants, is to provide them with some fresh water so they don't need to go somewhere else to drink and take a bath. It's a good way to keep them around your plants, checking them out for pest control. Cheaper and cleaner than any pesticide👍

It's useful to have a big stone in the water recipient so they have something to hang on to and come out of the water. Otherwise many of them drown.
IMG_20240501_133708.jpg

Bugs are cool 🐝🐝🐝

Yo Sammy

Veteran
now without putting some pride in your work, it cant work... but in cases of many wannabees it is a lot of pride, zero work...

every pollen chucker, I mean every of them, thinks his/her seeds are the best or very worthy at least. did you notice it? even nobody grows it yet... hehehehe. I always tell them, okay, so let get it to the world and we will see how many people will enjoy it and rave about it, when it is so great... in fact that is the hardest thing to do, to get it to people. and when it is really good, people will appreciate it big time. but mostly pollen chuckers don't achieve it, and it stays in their dreams only... real work will find its way to people - like original haze will find its way, despite massive propaganda against it from side of certain seed companies and their followers... I saw so many seedmakers shut down in last 20 years... nobody grew it and if so, only once...

it always pisses me off :D, when some troll blames me of narcissistic tendencies, it is very cheap in my book. while reality is, that without friends and fellow enthusiasts, I would not create anything. and without joy of those who are growing it, it would not give sense to me... but trolls are blind by their hate, and see only me, not other people behind it...

so you are not so cool??? hehehehehe funny

you know that I don't give a fuck about NLhaze, it is not the best haze for me. no, far from it. I don't want to grow A5 or G13haze. no... you know my opinions about it. and I am sure you read my views on it, before you sent those cuts, as I had big thread about haze on MJNirvana...

yet still, you didn't hesitate to share with me and didn't doubt my integrity and honesty... I appreciate this attitude without prejudices on you, that's why I think you are cool...

I shared bh#7 with my french friends.

Some so called pollen chuckers keep things more real compared to so some so called professional breeders IMHE.

In fact, it’s fair to say that some people who are being referred to as pollen chuckers do a much better job creating outstanding quality breeds than some of our most renounced breeders tend to.
No offence intended by no means. Just my personal observation over the many years being part of our community.

In the end it’s all about the quality of plants emerging from the seeds made.
When the quality difference is undeniable all disputes are irrelevant although some people are easily offended when some of their favourite breeders fall short to deliver.

Plant quality isn’t the same as personal preference.

Misconceiving both elements can cause many dispositions between people resulting in endless discussions that can lead to personal conflicts leading to inflating ego’s, frustrations, anger, insults etc…

Like in any community our community sadly doesn’t seem to be any different in that regard.
At times it’s usually laughable and amusing but often it gets so out there that I wonder if the weed itself has got anything to do with it…?

Indulging in extremes potent types of Ganja over longer periods can no doubt induce severe agitation resulting in endless subjective negative judgemental argumentative responses suppressing more tolerant positive investigative exchange of opinions.

Maybe that’s why I prefer to indulge in high grade imported Hashish compared to mono cropped high potency weed varieties, especially indoor cultivated.

Anyway, just something my mind was pondering about.

Regardless of this I always say:
Much Love everyone

:tiphat:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I definitely disagree, it was quite difference when I was growing something from real breeder(professional breeder is useless pleonasm imo, you are breeder, talented with invention and ideas, or you are not, then you are only seedmaker, pollenchucker and maker of knock offs - most dutch seedbanks) like @Donald Mallard or @dubi and something from pollen chuckers... it is remarkable difference in form.

of course it is true, that some precious cuts came from some accidental pollination... that is true, there are many examples. it is nature.

breeding has to have strong idea and not that I will pollen chuck anything with anything, without much selection... without any idea... then if you get something good from it is more question of coincidence and not stable results. mostly this pollen chuckin weaken genepool too... not good thing at all..

I have nothing against pollen chucking at home and among friends, I was doing that too, you just cross somehting with something... and you have seeds and you can have fun. what I don't like when some pollen chuckers and makers of knock offs present it as years of breeding. hahahahhaa.

in the end it is completely clear what is PCH and what is breeding, clear result. no "opinions" or "subjectivity" or any other talk can change it.

the guy who grow three females of nevilles haze, then pollen chuck with reverse cut of cookie or chemgog and present it as years of breeding, is fucking pollen chucker and liar too.. and no subjectivity or fancy packaging can change it...

I dont knwo if I take your cut of Nhz and will hit it with some knock off of NLhaze on market and will sell it as nevilles haze. that is breeding? I can do that, there is nothing easier than this...

I personally think it is completely clear. even no discussion is needed...

I think that you, @Yo Sammy , understands it very well, because you chose for working with your cuts real breeder and not pollen chucker and knock off maker known as "Conoisseur" LOL

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
somebody takes nevils work and makes knock offs.. that is breeding? no is pollen chucker and fucking imitator...

or somebody takes ace panama or ace malawi, make seeds of it - not difficult at all and sell it as panama or malawi - that is breeding?

c´mon!

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
this good example of pollen chuckin.

I was making posi haze seeds for myself, so I hit few keepers of posi haze with good number of random males, in that time I had nevilles haze cut at same place, it was big plant and I got 50 or 60 seeds from it... nhz x posi hz... I shared it with my friend @flower~power and he likes it.. that is good example of homemade pollen chucks..you are luck or not lucky... you can get good plants from pollen chucking, just... breeding is about genetics, all plants in the line, and not about some one lonely plant which can be even elite... with real breeding you think of next generations, of future... pollen chucker thinks of presence only and personal benefit, doesn't care about state of genetics for future generations of growers. nope.. pollen chucker has no responsibility. it is just naive playing, mixing this with that without any idea what you are doing and what result can be and what consequences it can have for future of genetics...

now. I cant release it as it contains weird leafy dwarf non-resinous plants, and also hermie plants... among them there are some killer plants too. but overall as line it is terrible... result of pollen chucking.. it needs some breeding program to get proper form..

nhzposihz6.JPG

of course, there are breeding programs which dont have good results, it happens.. it is natural...

Last edited:

Yo Sammy

Veteran
I definitely disagree, it was quite difference when I was growing something from real breeder(professional breeder is useless pleonasm imo, you are breeder, talented with invention and ideas, or you are not, then you are only seedmaker, pollenchucker and maker of knock offs - most dutch seedbanks) like @Donald Mallard or @dubi and something from pollen chuckers... it is remarkable difference in form.

of course it is true, that some precious cuts came from some accidental pollination... that is true, there are many examples. it is nature.

breeding has to have strong idea and not that I will pollen chuck anything with anything, without much selection... without any idea... then if you get something good from it is more question of coincidence and not stable results. mostly this pollen chuckin weaken genepool too... not good thing at all..

I have nothing against pollen chucking at home and among friends, I was doing that too, you just cross somehting with something... and you have seeds and you can have fun. what I don't like when some pollen chuckers and makers of knock offs present it as years of breeding. hahahahhaa.

in the end it is completely clear what is PCH and what is breeding, clear result. no "opinions" or "subjectivity" or any other talk can change it.

the guy who grow three females of nevilles haze, then pollen chuck with reverse cut of cookie or chemgog and present it as years of breeding, is fucking pollen chucker and liar too.. and no subjectivity or fancy packaging can change it...

I dont knwo if I take your cut of Nhz and will hit it with some knock off of NLhaze on market and will sell it as nevilles haze. that is breeding? I can do that, there is nothing easier than this...

I personally think it is completely clear. even no discussion is needed...

I think that you, @Yo Sammy , understands it very well, because you chose for working with your cuts real breeder and not pollen chucker and knock off maker known as "Conoisseur" LOL

To nuance my former statement.
Someone who understands the art of creating unique and innovative quality seedlines is often regarded as being P-chuckers out of ignorance and prejudice or not holding the “breeders” status.
Soms established breeders seed lines lack mentioned qualities and are therefore more susceptible to be categorised as chucking along.

In the end, the only thing that counts resides in the quality of the end product.

☮️

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
To nuance my former statement.
Someone who understands the art of creating unique and innovative quality seedlines is often regarded as being P-chuckers out of ignorance and prejudice or not holding the “breeders” status.
Soms established breeders seed lines lack mentioned qualities and are therefore more susceptible to be categorised as chucking along.

In the end, the only thing that counts resides in the quality of the end product.

☮️
doesn't give sense to me. and don't know any such case. when you breed you are breeder, when you are pollen chucking you are pollen chucker. like I said pollen chucking is natural, no need to criticize it, breeding can start as pollen chucking maybe mostly not though, now when somebody calls some pollen chucker a breeder, it is disgrace to people who did real work...

I dont see any reason why personA would call personB a pollen chucker, when personA sees personB is selecting it certain direction or preserving line, except of that somebody is some hater, envious retardo who is hiding in anonymity of internet...

but I see good reason when personA calls personB a pollen chucker, when personB is not selecting anything, any direction and just blindly making seeds in hope it will be "good" based on names of cuts or something like that.

sour diesel cut gives quality end product, but the fact that creator let some hermiing DNL plant pollen chucked skunkva/northernlightsskunk plant... doesn't mean the creator is breeder...

now when JJ backcrossed chemD few times and created tres dawg, and numerous tres dawg outcrosses, we have chemdog seed lines, like stardawg etc.. not only cuts, but seed line, that is some breeding work.

so you get quality product from stardawg, which is very well worked seed line. or you get it from sour diesel cut, which is polyhybrid created by hermie accident, environmentally unstable and also its outcrosses are not uniform and usually not good as mother.. opposite to stardawg in uniformity and reliability...

Misconceiving both elements can cause many dispositions between people resulting in endless discussions that can lead to personal conflicts leading to inflating ego’s, frustrations, anger, insults etc…

:tiphat:

I think you miss something from human psychology. there are leader people and follower people.. when leader people say something, followers usually accept it as the truth.. followers are not sheep, they just respect exceptional individuality for some reason naturally. good reason. and try to identify with exceptional leader´s quality. in many cases its followers whose choose leader, leader doesn't choose them.

of course, there are some % of rebels too LOL but history shows that they are not third category, but those who are waiting for opportunity to become leaders.

now if there are more leaders competing each other, there are different groups of followers, these groups differ according to who is their leader. leader inspires them and provides thinking patterns for them...

now when one of those leaders is dishonest, liar and narcissistic manipulator - in fact is no leader, just very good maipulator, fooled people, stole all inspiration thoughts from real leaders and only acts like leader for his personal benefit only... then all those conflicts, anger and insults begin among followers...

hehehehehehhehe

DaEarl73

doesn't give sense to me. and don't know any such case. when you breed you are breeder, when you are pollen chucking you are pollen chucker. like I said pollen chucking is natural, no need to criticize it, breeding can start as pollen chucking maybe mostly not though, now when somebody calls some pollen chucker a breeder, it is disgrace to people who did real work...

I dont see any reason why personA would call personB a pollen chucker, when personA sees personB is selecting it certain direction or preserving line, except of that somebody is some hater, envious retardo who is hiding in anonymity of internet...

but I see good reason when personA calls personB a pollen chucker, when personB is not selecting anything, any direction and just blindly making seeds in hope it will be "good" based on names of cuts or something like that.

sour diesel cut gives quality end product, but the fact that creator let some hermiing DNL plant pollen chucked skunkva/northernlightsskunk plant... doesn't mean the creator is breeder...

now when JJ backcrossed chemD few times and created tres dawg, and numerous tres dawg outcrosses, we have chemdog seed lines, like stardawg etc.. not only cuts, but seed line, that is some breeding work.

so you get quality product from stardawg, which is very well worked seed line. or you get it from sour diesel cut, which is polyhybrid created by hermie accident, environmentally unstable and also its outcrosses are not uniform and usually not good as mother.. opposite to stardawg in uniformity and reliability...

I think you miss something from human psychology. there are leader people and follower people.. when leader people say something, followers usually accept it as the truth.. followers are not sheep, they just respect exceptional individuality for some reason naturally. good reason. and try to identify with exceptional leader´s quality. in many cases its followers whose choose leader, leader doesn't choose them.

of course, there are some % of rebels too LOL but history shows that they are not third category, but those who are waiting for opportunity to become leaders.

now if there are more leaders competing each other, there are different groups of followers, these groups differ according to who is their leader. leader inspires them and provides thinking patterns for them...

now when one of those leaders is dishonest, liar and narcissistic manipulator - in fact is no leader, just very good maipulator, fooled people, stole all inspiration thoughts from real leaders and only acts like leader for his personal benefit only... then all those conflicts, anger and insults begin among followers...

hehehehehehhehe
Well said! Spreading life lessons too hahahaha psychology class with Maha hahahaha thanks for taking the time to write that

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Buenos dias a todos!.

It's been a little longer than I intended since my last update, but it takes me forever to write and edit my posts and it's hard finding the time.... And i'm retired😂

It's a beautiful morning here in Las Alpujarras. The sun is out, the birds are singing and there's a slight whiff of goat shit on the gentle breeze.
Our weather has been fluctuating quite a bit, but hopefully it's now settled.

I forget exactly when it was, I think it was a week last Monday, but we had an good thunder storm. The sound as the thunder echoes through the mountains is awesome!; new bangs starting whilst the echoes of the last are still banging loudly.

I wasn't too concerned about my babies getting a good soaking, but what I didn't expect was the hail! Fuck, I've never seen hail like that in the 10 years that I've lived here. It wasn't good. 😢, but at least we got a bit more snow in the higher mountains and that will add to our summer and autumn irrigation water.
View attachment 18998731

The Indicas, with they're wider leaves, took it the worse. It looked liked there had been a serious attack of the dreaded gastropods!.
View attachment 18998729 View attachment 18998730

One week later and they seem to have pretty much bounced back.

IMG_20240508_105841.jpg
IMG_20240508_105831.jpg

Some of the smaller, more fragile seedlings were snapped in half or delimbed. Yesterday I sorted through the plants and throw out another 6 that were too badly damaged.

So, here's what we have left growing this year.

Left to right top row

3 (x18 x PCK) x Uzbk., Unsexed

2 Maple leaf indica x Lebanese, F's

1 Maple leaf indica

2nd row, ledit to right

1 (x18 x PCK) x Uzbk

1 Maple leaf indica x PCK.

Attachments

• IMG_20240508_105938.jpg
    IMG_20240508_105938.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 18

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I should add at this point that the above is only part of what I have going at the moment; it's the indica and indica hybrid part. I will keep one of each of the girls and they will stay on its until early June, when they'll be moved indoors at night for 12 sleep. The plan being to harvest the stinky plants long before the rippers are about with thier big nose's.

It's getting late in the afternoon and this old man needs his siesta (I have to drive to Malaga this evening to pick up our grandson. He's here (again😂) for a week).
I'll try and finish the update later today or tomorrow...I have some really exciting Sativas to show you, And this morning of started of something else😉

Hasta luego!

Last edited:

kaochiu

Veteran
Nice to see you back at it. Can't remember significant hail in the previous ten years to your previous ten years, but the Alpujarras has some strange cycles, enough to look around those geologically new barrancos.
Been talking to several friends from there, three locals and one just visiting. The three local ones complain about politics invading their lifestyles, but one visitor who told me it's as lovely as ever.
Years ago, in the Sahara desert, (which I visited very often over the years and stayed for month long periods, keeping a rented house for 50€ pcm), told me that the only thing I needed to become a proper saharaui was the wish to be a tourist.
I think that's what I did in the Alpux, behaving like the ethernal tourist. And everywhere else since, after all my teachers kept telling me my head was in the moon, maybe I come from there. Phone. Home.
Good luck with those indicas, I also forced plants for earlier harvests, but with a big black plastic cover, instead of putting them indoors. Here, two Greenhazes recently sprouted. Hopefully one day all of these will be jungle.

Attachments

• IMG_0869.jpeg
    IMG_0869.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 17