What's new

Diary Growing Mack & Crack

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I typically don’t buy the latest and greatest hot strains but after I won a Vault seed competition, I decided to give a few a try to beef up the order. Mack & Crack was one from Seedstockers that caught my eye. Miracle Alien Cookies x Green Crack. Reputed to be a high THC Sativa blend of goodness that even has its very own logo. I guess we shall see if it lives up to its billing but with parents like that it was worth buying a small pack of feminized.

m+c-logo.jpg

The two beans that I popped certainly were vigorous and they had split with tails oozing in less than a day. I had healthy tails showing after just 2 days of paper towel soaking. They went into solo cups for a few days but I got impatient – like I always seem to do – and I transplanted them into their final 5 gallon home.

Here they are at 14 days in dirt (well . . . actually coco and perlite).

Temp 25.6C. pH 5.8ish rh 51% (a battle here in winter furnaceland). ec 1.2 approximately. My Phlizon light is at 50%.

wk3---p1.jpg

wk3---p2.jpg

They almost look like twins . :rasta: I won’t promise a full blown grow diary but I will update this along the way . . .

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I typically don’t buy the latest and greatest hot strains but after I won a Vault seed competition, I decided to give a few a try to beef up the order. Mack & Crack was one from Seedstockers that caught my eye. Miracle Alien Cookies x Green Crack. Reputed to be a high THC Sativa blend of goodness that even has its very own logo. I guess we shall see if it lives up to its billing but with parents like that it was worth buying a small pack of feminized.

View attachment 18963203
The two beans that I popped certainly were vigorous and they had split with tails oozing in less than a day. I had healthy tails showing after just 2 days of paper towel soaking. They went into solo cups for a few days but I got impatient – like I always seem to do – and I transplanted them into their final 5 gallon home.

Here they are at 14 days in dirt (well . . . actually coco and perlite).

Temp 25.6C. pH 5.8ish rh 51% (a battle here in winter furnaceland). ec 1.2 approximately. My Phlizon light is at 50%.

View attachment 18963204

View attachment 18963205

They almost look like twins . :rasta: I won’t promise a full blown grow diary but I will update this along the way . . .
Thanks, friend.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
These are very vigorous plants. In fact, They are probably the most vigorous that I have grown . . . but then, I am still just an amateur.

d23---p2.jpg

A tiny bit of edge upturning on the leaves on this one. I assume it is light related but I am only running @ 50% and the light is at the top of the tent so its going to have to live with it. :cool:

d23---p1.jpg

They are 23 days from sprout. ec 1.2 pH 5.8ish Btw I am using Canna A + B and cal/mag only.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Day 47. Well, I have absolutely nothing to report. The plants are both doing very well . . . and almost flowering . . . still.

Very bushy and healthy and after just shy of two weeks of 12/1,2 they have only stretched a bit but very uniformly – a globular stretch perhaps? I have been maintaining a 1.2 ec and a pH of 5.8 with mid-20s temps and just over 50% rh. I did a bit of lower leaf cleanup 4 or 5 days ago so that might have delayed things a bit.

For this grow, I pinned the Phlizon light to my ceiling and I just played with the dimmer. 30% for the seedlings, 40% for early veg increasing to 60% for late veg and finally 100% for flower. Photon on my phone is giving me a ppfd of 640 µmol/m2/s at the canopy.

d47.jpg

All is well. Except for that damn black cord hanging down in the picture . . . :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Day 56. Three weeks since the flip to 12/12 and we have nice buddage.

d56.jpg

I defol’d some of the lower fans yesterday and overnight both plants jumped vertically with stalks breaking above the plant mass for the first time. A very noticeable difference. Hmmm.

d56-2.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Mine went to high, I did not handle weel its stretch.

I must admit that I have been surprised with the low upward growth of both of these plants - which are now at only 30” high (76 cm). They are flowering nicely though with lots of bud sites.

The only thing that I have done differently with this grow is to hang the light at the tent maximum and dial in the intensity gradually. I didn't reach 100% until just before flowering.

d66.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
It is Day 76 – nearing the end of week 4 after flowering began. I am super impressed with the fast growth of these plants. Right from the start they showed extreme vigor and that hasn’t stopped. I gave my last seed to a grow buddy who has had germing problem as of late (this sounds familiar) and this seed popped immediately for him as well. I expect an early harvest - not the usual 10 or 11 weeks . . . Great genetics from seedstockers!

After my attempt to throw them out of whack (cal-mg issue of course) things seem to be back on track. The smell is an interesting mix of tangerine, burnt rubber, sweet pine . . .

Plant 1

d76-plant-1.jpg

The slightly smaller plant 2 . . .

d76-plant-2.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
So . . .

Once again, I must humble myself before the plants - they have beaten me once more. It all started 4 or so weeks back with . . . well . . . shit. Did it start as a cal/mag issue? Did I make it worse by screwing with the feed? Am I just a hopeless grower? These are all scintillating questions that shall remain hanging . . .

Because the real problem is budrot.

Yes, while I was fretting our leaf issues, the tents’ rh crept up into and over the danger zone. In a daily inspection, I discover one infected bud and I painfully cut it off and threw it out. I changed the fan configuration and ordered another one - the more the merrier, right? The next day, another bud had a spot that I cut out. But – as many of you know - a spot of budrot means that the stalk is probably rotting so it too ended up getting snipped. So that’s what you see in the pic - centre foreground. Some nice colas on the 2 plants with 2 snipped colas on one plant. My action plan now is to harvest that plant tomorrow – perhaps a bit early since it is 9 weeks from the flip but only 7 weeks from real flower initiation. The other plant I will let grow.

d98.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
So . . .

Once again, I must humble myself before the plants - they have beaten me once more. It all started 4 or so weeks back with . . . well . . . shit. Did it start as a cal/mag issue? Did I make it worse by screwing with the feed? Am I just a hopeless grower? These are all scintillating questions that shall remain hanging . . .

Because the real problem is budrot.

Yes, while I was fretting our leaf issues, the tents’ rh crept up into and over the danger zone. In a daily inspection, I discover one infected bud and I painfully cut it off and threw it out. I changed the fan configuration and ordered another one - the more the merrier, right? The next day, another bud had a spot that I cut out. But – as many of you know - a spot of budrot means that the stalk is probably rotting so it too ended up getting snipped. So that’s what you see in the pic - centre foreground. Some nice colas on the 2 plants with 2 snipped colas on one plant. My action plan now is to harvest that plant tomorrow – perhaps a bit early since it is 9 weeks from the flip but only 7 weeks from real flower initiation. The other plant I will let grow.

View attachment 19003669
Damn friend, I'm sorry to hear you ran into mold. Those are pretty flowers and a nice setup too. What I experienced in the past after running into the same problem many times was to cut water in the end. Cut the water enough to have a massive yellow leaf drop. When the buds start getting dense I go into semi-drought conditions. The leaves turn yellow and fall off.

When a plant's buds get fat and dense they swell and squeeze the stomata shut on the minute leaves, cutting off gas exchanges. The plant can't push the excess moisture out of the plant's stomata and gets trapped inside the plant. When the leaf tissue stays wet it becomes soft and spongy and easy for disease to attack the plant.

Stomata are composed of a pair of specialized epidermal cells referred to as guard cells. Stomata regulate gas exchange between the plant and the environment and control of water loss by changing the size of the stomatal pore. Google

1715944174819.png

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
to cut water in the end

Yes, I have started watering every 2nd day. I have cut the one plant that was susceptible to mold and it is cautiously hang drying. It was just that humid in-between season. The furnace keeps the humidity down in the winter and the ac solves the summer months but in May . . . we enjoy the natural humidity. At one point a few days ago, I had the window open in the grow room to help reduce the tent temps but the outdoor humidity was 83% outside . . .

Thanks for the commiserations guys . . . I think I will salvage the grow and I can always make ice water hash with the less mature plant. :rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts