What's new

Diary Goji Grow

splinter7

the goji og i did some years back, seed were from ebay bird treat out of a NM med dispo, was fairly sativa prone. skinnier leaves, especially one of them. frost was good but bud structure was lacking compared to skunk/kush. high leaf ratio. flavor was mooted berry, not sweet. almost like a berry you shouldn't eat. interested to see how different yours is

buzzmobile

Veteran
P2162413.JPG

A little music for the babies...

buzzmobile

Veteran
They look like they're coming along, buzz.
They are startting to get some roots going. The temps have dropped and risen in the rooms from the 50's up to mid-70's which covers a wide range of classic rock. ;)
Once it warms up in a few weeks they will be transplanted to 4" pots.

Thanks for stopping by. Now I am going to mow some ragged looking winter weeds around the house. We are going to be hosting Free Food this month for my brothers and sisters. Grilled chicken, baked beans, mixed greens salad and stroopwafel ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

It's a Sunshine Daydreamin' morning.
:D

Last edited:

moose eater

They are startting to get some roots going. The temps have dropped and risen in the rooms from the 50's up to mid-70's which covers a wide range of classic rock. ;)
Once it warms up in a few weeks they will be transplanted to 4" pots.

Thanks for stopping by. Now I am going to mow some ragged looking winter weeds around the house. We are going to be hosting Free Food this month for my brothers and sisters. Grilled chicken, baked beans, mixed greens salad and stroopwafel ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

It's a Sunshine Daydreamin' morning.
:D
In the lower temps, like the 50s where they approach dormancy, they probably need some head-banger or heavy metal stuff. Keeps their pulse up to compensate for falling temps.

My shop, which has only been keeping the 6 mothers alive for a while now, with the four 315cmh's (1 per box), and 250-watt equivalent LED spots in the 4 corners of each of the 4 boxes (16 LED floods) all being shut down through this winter, waiting on my energy to regenerate to a level allowing for new experiments, and the outside temps being -20 f to 0 f. of late, despite the super-insulation of the basement walls, but having an uninsulated slab for free cooling in the summer, and free heating in the winter, my ambient temps in the shop have been ranging from +66 f. to +68 f.

The mothers are in my two larger mother cupboards (with the shorter clone cupboard still bare at least for a little bit longer) , and the mother cupboards being lit with four, 4' LED conversion shop tubes in 2 fixtures per cupboard, 8 tubes and 4 fixtures total between the 2 cupboards, there's a definite downward trend in growth (which works well;' both the plants and I being in a 'slow movement' phase).

They're back to a diet of steady classic rock most of the time at those temps, on the station that doesn't play a whole lot of head-banger or heavy metal, but I think any up-tick in poorly prsented commercials causes the leaves to yellow a bit more than is typical. A complaint to the advertising department at that station may be in order. :)

buzzmobile

Veteran
33.1F this morning and dropping. I'm sitting near the woodstove thinking about what is going on downstairs. I'll look in on the garden in a bit. There are scrambled eggs, grits and bacon on the menu to address first.

moose eater

33.1F this morning and dropping. I'm sitting near the woodstove thinking about what is going on downstairs. I'll look in on the garden in a bit. There are scrambled eggs, grits and bacon on the menu to address first.
We warmed up over night to +6 f. on the front porch. We've been near 0 f. or down to -20 f. for the last bit.

My shop is walled off from the rest of the basement, and the basement kept at about 72 f.; not because I need the basement warm, but because there's a 485 cfm fan pulling through the shop through a single intake, and exhausting through a single outlet, with diagonal air flow and different heights for each, as well as obstacles for the air to make its way past, yet, even with that air movement and related configuration of flow, the shop remains approximately 6 degrees cooler than the basement when there's no lights on at the current outdoor temps.

Not an issue when lit up in the larger boxes... even partially.

And my basement walls have 6" of exterior foam in 2" layers with staggered seams between the layers, and the inside has ~R-10 in sub-walling, plus sheet rock and vapor barrier behind the rock, thus basement walls at an excess of R-41.

But the uninsulated slab that benefits us in the summer and winter both, provides an obstacle at the same time. Nature and her temps are stubborn. Homeostasis can be a friend or a foe, depending. Another double-edged sword brought to us by the Cosmos and natural physical science.

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
Bottomed out at 32.5 this morning. Forecast is saying 85 on Thursday for a high. I like the sound of that.

I'll get some Goji pictures in the morning. I have a WiFi x Fire OG to cut down tomorrow too.

buzzmobile

Veteran
let me know how the soul mate turns out . looks lovely . great job

Thanks. I've had this one for a few years and it is very stony. It has a piney scent that eventually turns into a funk as it dries. Long lasting buzz too. The one hanging is the last Soulmate. Time to make room for the next lady.

moose eater

I transplanted the Goji seedlings to 4" pots this morning.

View attachment 18815395

View attachment 18815396

I'll give them a couple weeks of grow time and then I'll sex them.
Looking a bit happier with each photo, buzz. I was preparing to ask my wife to make them some smaller goose down vests, but it looks like they won't be needing those.

I'd say they look happy as clams, but they look nothing like clams. :)

You planning to clone them, and then sex them?

Latest posts

Latest posts