What's new

Gender dysphoria and the trans movement.

moose eater

im sorry sir but i like my bed sry and the showers hot!

ive tasted the chill of frozen air and the sting of salty ocean water flooding into where it should not go!
i loved every minute of it
There's some excitement to the uncommon sometimes, pop. No doubt. But comfort takes a greater precedent as we age, too.

I've got a sizable collection of tents of various sizes and shapes, most of them really nice. I was once accused of having a tent fetish. Cots to go with them that came later in life, and 3" foam pads for the cots. But between a life-long case of 'bearanoia' (that impacts sleep patterns when in the bush, all its own) and my body hurting often, even when simply lying down, I figure they'll all go relatively unused for the few years remaining in my life. I have a camper van now, as well.

And when I die, I'll leave the tents (and a bunch of seam-sealer and waterproofing agent) to some deserving individual.

Never thought I'd see the day that my prized tents would collect dust in the basement on the shelves there.

Last edited:

RobFromTX

Yeah i got a cousin who did meth for 20 years until the doctors told him only 30 percent of his heart was functioning. Had to wear one of those shock vests for a while. Now hes cleaned up but he can hardly sleep at all and thats led to a drinking habit. only 38 years old too. Im glad i never touched that shit. Its a wrecking ball

moose eater

Yeah i got a cousin who did meth for 20 years until the doctors told him only 30 percent of his heart was functioning. Had to wear one of those shock vests for a while. Now hes cleaned up but he can hardly sleep at all and thats led to a drinking habit. only 38 years old too. Im glad i never touched that shit. Its a wrecking ball
"Moderation in all things, including moderation.."

Large amounts of uncut cocaine changed my metabolism over several years in the early 1980s, for sure.

But on the topic of suicide, and as a former speed and coke head from decades gone by, I tell Docs, therapists, and others that there's a standard bell-type curve to the amphetamine and stimulant highs that involves the first half or so of the ride being one of euphoria, philosophical endeavors in the mind (what I referenced early in my cocaine binging as 'Leif Erikson on the bow of the Viking ship, off to discover the world"), followed by the peak and then the slower crash, involving depressive thoughts, exaggerated introspection of one's fuck-ups in life, self-condemnation, etc., which can occur for many people engaged in any serious amounts of such substances' use.

If more people understood that the last half of that bell curve and related experience is the drugs talking and not the inherent failures one has involved themselves with, or inherent self-worthlessness, many of those people who kill themselves over that part of the high would probably be alive after the fact, after their extreme (or not) periods of indulgence.

To this day I try to inform Docs and others I know about this pattern, having experienced it first-hand thousands of times.

RobFromTX

"Moderation in all things, including moderation.."

Large amounts of uncut cocaine changed my metabolism over several years in the early 1980s, for sure.

But on the topic of suicide, and as a former speed and coke head from decades gone by, I tell Docs, therapists, and others that there's a standard bell-type curve to the amphetamine and stimulant highs that involves the first half or so of the ride being one of euphoria, philosophical endeavors in the mind (what I referenced early in my cocaine binging as 'Leif Erikson on the bow of the Viking ship, off to discover the world"), followed by the peak and then the slower crash, involving depressive thoughts, exaggerated introspection of one's fuck-ups in life, self-condemnation, etc., which can occur for many people engaged in any serious amounts of such substances' use.

If more people understood that the last half of that bell curve and related experience is the drugs talking and not the inherent failures one has involved themselves with, or inherent self-worthlessness, many of those people who kill themselves over that part of the high would probably be alive after the fact, after their extreme (or not) periods of indulgence.

To this day I try to inform Docs and others I know about this pattern, having experienced it first-hand thousands of times.

The best coke i tried was when i visited california when i was 18, San Diego. Very yellowish and completely uncut. I mean you'd think it was an eight ball of margarine until you did a bump and then it was straight up sunshine superman. Walking around in circles smoking pall malls. We never got stuff that nice in Texas thats for sure

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
There's some excitement to the uncommon sometimes, pop. No doubt. But comfort takes a greater precedent as we age, too.

I've got a sizable collection of tents of various sizes and shapes, most of them really nice. I was once accused of having a tent fetish. Cots to go with them that came later in life, and 3" foam pads for the cots. But between a life-long case of 'bearanoia' (that impact sleep patterns when in the bush, all its own) and my body hurting often, even when simply lying down, I figure they'll all go relatively unused for the few years remaining in my life. I have a camper van now, as well.

And when I die, I'll leave the tents (and a bunch of seam-sealer and waterproofing agent) to some deserving individual.

Never thought I'd see the day that my prized tents would collect dust in the basement on the shelves there.
tents? cots
f'n ghey bro

i sleep in the bed of the truck, we throw a camo net over the top of the bed (unless its cold, then a tarp)
plus!! a fat air mattress (you gotta pump it up by your foot) and a sleeping bag or two and im glamping!

tents=mansions!

moose eater

The best coke i tried was when i visited california when i was 18, San Diego. Very yellowish and completely uncut. I mean you'd think it was an eight ball of margarine until you did a bump and then it was straight up sunshine superman. Walking around in circles smoking pall malls. We never got stuff that nice in Texas thats for sure
Far greater greed and lesser ethics and etiquette in the coke and speed dealers' worlds than in the weed world. Not that's there's no one in those worlds with ethics, but my observation was that there was far fewer of them.

I never cut any coke I ever sold. It came in at 92%+ and left that way.

moose eater

tents? cots
f'n ghey bro

i sleep in the bed of the truck, we throw a camo net over the top of the bed (unless its cold, then a tarp)
plus!! a fat air mattress (you gotta pump it up by your foot) and a sleeping bag or two and im glamping!

tents=mansions!
Hahahahahaha!!

Lots of years as a long-distance hitchhiker sleeping under over-passes on concrete with the resident birds, in cabin lofts on plywood, and in corn fields on the ground, too, pop. I graduated over time. :)

RobFromTX

Yeah it was pretty bad quality here when i came of age. As nasty and watered down as it was over 20 years ago i can just imagine how bad it is now. Probably baby powder and fentanyl with a touch of coke

RobFromTX

I do miss the superb brick weed that we had on hand. light green buds and silver seeds that shined through the bag. I still kick myself for not saving any

moose eater

Yeah it was pretty bad quality here when i came of age. As nasty and watered down as it was over 20 years ago i can just imagine how bad it is now. Probably baby powder and fentanyl with a touch of coke
Reagan put the clamps on easily accessed petroleum ether (which we used to buy in cases of 1-liter aluminum 'bottles'/cylinders), so the coke that was refined with acetone and diesel fuel became more prominent.

Reagan was as ignorant and short-sighted as Nixon, who sprayed Paraquat on the Mexican crops, both of them thinking such cruel and thoughtless approaches would cause folks to quit using/selling; it didn't. Coke heads had a slightly or moderately lesser grade of coke, and pot heads were smoking paraquat.

I still remember a photo of a woman holding a sign at a protest outside the Nixon White House back then that read, "I smoke pot, I like it a lot, stop spraying with Paraquat."

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
no wonder you turned out soooo GHEY!
/isnt this about bashing gheys? or did i walk into the wrong meeting:mad:
Hahahahahaha!!

Lots of years as a long-distance hitchhiker sleeping under over-passes on concrete with the resident birds, in cabin lofts on plywood, and in corn fields on the ground, too, pop. I graduated over time. :)
get in where you can fit in my man
we used to back country camp and you would see some people are there
we were just passing through

moose eater

no wonder you turned out soooo GHEY!
/isnt this about bashing gheys? or did i walk into the wrong meeting:mad:

get in where you can fit in my man
we used to back country camp and you would see some people are there
we were just passing through
I can still use a tent when it's necessitated by location. When I'm boating down remote lakes in the Yukon Territory, my van can't go there, so I sometimes carry a smaller tent as an emergency shelter... and an extra motor (kicker), too. ;)

But I tend to go to areas where there's few to no people. Even the Territorial campgrounds we frequent in the Yukon Territory are often up unmaintained roads that many don't wish to drive.

Freedom often comes from fewer people being where one is.

moose eater

whaaaa! no sweatpants
so teh gheyzz run around naked where you live?!?
send me the coordinates! oh hell just point at the map...
im on my way!
I tell folks who are averse to the cold in the northern winters and live in unbearably hot areas, "I can always add another layer of clothing, but there's only so naked you can get before they put you in jail."

RobFromTX

whaaaa! no sweatpants
im on my way!

haha nah man capris mostly. Although sure you could find something that exciting on a saturday night in Austingeles. The other city that never sleeps

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I tell folks who are averse to the cold in the northern winters and live in unbearably hot areas, "I can always add another layer of clothing, but there's only so naked you can get before they put you in jail."
who called the police? on me

/you are right, you can always layer up but you can only get so nekkid

moose eater

whaaaa! no sweatpants
im on my way!
We had a couple of young gay men who'd bought property from an old-time neighbor and heavy equipment operator (one of the most honest, respectful, hard-working and decent men I've ever known) down on the Tanana River over 30 years ago, with the buyers of that property getting caught up in the Happy Creek Greenhouse raid (9 homes involved; whole 'nother long-ish story of cannabis injustice, betrayal by long-time insiders flipped under fear, and feds/badged extortionists).

They had 'some' curtilage around the property, and they'd garden in the buff; the locals referred to them as 'the nudies.' and that's where it ended... until they got caught up in the previously mentioned federal bust.

Last edited: