What's new

Four crops in a row failed. What is wrong ?

tomtom

Another alternative tomtom, would be to check out Active/Aerated Compost Teas. There is some basic recipes in the Organics for beginners thread. A lot of the ingredients can be sourced from local garden supply. Once you have those purchased you can make 100's of gallons of teas to water your girls. There is some additional upfront expense, but it would be really low over the period of your harvests. You can make a basic brew in a 5 gallon bucket with an aquarium air pump and stone. I would buy the biggest air pump you can for the money, but I have made it work with just a $10 pump too. Good luck and keep us posted with updates!!

Hey thanks a lot man. I did some reading in the "Organics for Beginners" sticky. I'll tell ya it sounds so interesting and easier than the way i have been doing it that i think i am gonna make the big leap and switch to organic. I'm gonna try soil recipe number one and then use the fish emulsion / neptunes harvest recipe to feed with. I think thats feed recipe number five. The other thing i like about organics is it seems like the items you need are a lot easier to come by and with me not being near a hydro store that makes life easier.

I am so stoked and excited about the big change and i am really looking forward to going organic since i have always wondered if those chem ferts might be more harmful for you than organic nutes.

Anyway I'll probably have a few more questions but basically the "Organics for Beginners" thread seems to cover the method good. I'm glad i checked it out instead of sticking with the straight soiless method that has given me so much trouble.

What you're talking about sounds to me almost like a root rot or a blight problem... at any rate some kind of mold or bacterial infection starting at the rootzone.