What's new

For all Haze lovers,early historical article from 82

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Those buds look like the same structure as the Ethiopian I'm growing
Are these brothers still around ? Are they still active ?
In the article it says they painstakingly removed every seed so NOBODY could grow their weed strain.
It also says they kept all the knowledge on how best to grow marijuana a secret.
If there were NO seeds made available, how have people come to claim making hybrids?

I notice elsewhere that Neville and Shanti were somehow privileged to receive some.
Is that the only seed stock that was ever made available ?
Does this mean the original strain has gone extinct ?

bigherb

Veteran
four seasons

my man

much appreciated info loved the read

i look forward too part two

no question i kno we got som hbh da goldens lol

lov to hear bout that hp, she is one of my fav also

1luvbigherb

jim dankness

In the article it says they painstakingly removed every seed so NOBODY could grow their weed strain.
It also says they kept all the knowledge on how best to grow marijuana a secret.
If there were NO seeds made available, how have people come to claim making hybrids?

I notice elsewhere that Neville and Shanti were somehow privileged to receive some.

owlmirror: all-- or at least a good majority-- of your haze questions can be answered by a thorough read of the 'question for sam the skunkman about original haze' thread stickied at the top of this forum. it's many pages, but a careful reading should get you closer to understanding haze. :joint:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=82182

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can only imagine the "3rd" brother was Sam! ;) Thx for that, four seasons! :D:yes: Hope Pt. II shows up!

Owl mirror if you read the article the Haze brothers got the Haze from someone on a beach. So yes, they did a lot of work on the Hazes but probably didn't create the Hazes. The Sam the Skunkman Haze seems to be Thai dominant and Hazes like the OT1 Haze seems not to have any Thai but more Colombian and Nepali. So people were working with Haze and seed was passed to others. The sacred seeds catalogs had Hazes for sale.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love reading this stuff, but take it w/ a grain of salt.
The timelines just don't jibe w/ what Sam sez, and I have to believe his words.

The Haze Bros had a falling out in the late 70's and stopped talking to one another.
The main Haze Brother, R was gone, retired in Mexico by 82 he did not come back for 10 years. He was the one that created O Haze. The second Haze Brother J quit growing O Haze about 1980 and only grew Skunk #1 after that, until he became a reborn christian, then he quit growing.

J

jingles

Wow four seasons, well found. what issues of HT are these articles in..:tree:

bageled j

thanks so much for that FS.love the old info.this is the best thing ive seen on this forum.real true old school elites.so killer

831 UBER ALLES

happyhi

juicy

juicy

those old articles are a kick!
the funniest part of the story is that by the time that article
was written the haze in it's original form had come and gone.

Attachments

• bud 007.jpg
    bud 007.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 18

1000ARMSofKALI

this thread feels like pure heaven....

happy karma to 4seasons, thx man!!!

kali

Wayzer

Very Nice info!!!
Thanks for taking the time to post this!

I would love to do some pure hazes outdoor one day......

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
cool read

cool read

"Blood is thicker than Haze" is our motto, says Joe; who adds that as further precaution against attempted cloning (or breed hijacking :D), the brothers painstakingly remove every single seed from their harvested crop before marketing it in select cities.

Huh, well those brothers were burning their customers trichomes via some mighty fine finger hash :whistling:

:D

Latest posts

Latest posts