Federation Seeds Hawaiian Sativa & HS crosses

need4weed

Veteran
full

full
Feds HS?

Thcvhunter

Veteran
ooops sorry, I forget that green mountain has it crossed with mulanje and green generation with spg... but anyway it seems it is not so popular like it used to be...

anyone growing old FHS crosses still?
Im popping a couple FHS, and have a pure BOEL HAWAIIAN popped and a few BOEL Hi crosses. Looking to breed the two Hawaiian lines together. Also have a few Delores vintage Mexi to add into the orgy.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Im popping a couple FHS, and have a pure BOEL HAWAIIAN popped and a few BOEL Hi crosses. Looking to breed the two Hawaiian lines together. Also have a few Delores vintage Mexi to add into the orgy.

I think it can be good breeding tool. it is very inbred. properly I would say. I would like to know if somebody found some longer flowering individual in FHS. longer than 12 weeks...

I have never grown any outcross of it. only smoked FHS x Sour Diesel bx... it got that lemon zesty herbal taste typical for some FHS individuals... buzz was really good...

mixing wiht boel hawaiian, some ancient phenos can pop imo

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I mean a lot of beans of ISS x FHS or Romulan x FHS were sold by Federation seeds... I mean where is it all? who is growing it? wasnt that gear competetive to gear which came after it?

only what we left with is golden goat cut?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Few years ago i made repro of FHS,phenos are 12,13,14 weeks,lot of colas on that plant,smell on lemons,still
have few thousends of seeds,at the end of flowering lot of leafes goes yellow.

yeah it is yellowing. thanks for information. 14 weeks pheno sounds interesting. was the effect of longer flowering pheno different to those 12 weekers?

bloyd

Veteran
I mean a lot of beans of ISS x FHS or Romulan x FHS were sold by Federation seeds... I mean where is it all? who is growing it? wasnt that gear competetive to gear which came after it?

only what we left with is golden goat cut?
I'd be curious what % of seeds sold/traded are actually grown? I imagine that % drops significantly with flower times above 10 weeks. Hoarding seeds into nonviability seems common in the community.

As for fhs I agree it is prime for outcrosses being so uniform yet grow able pure as it doesn't suffer strongly from inbreeding depression. I crossed it to several Hawaiian seedlines and cuts but haven't seen much of the offspring. Stoney spoke high of the sic cross. I plan to pop some and urge others holding to do so as well.

Attachments

• IMG955678.jpg
    IMG955678.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 18

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I had 2 mother plants of Hawaiian Sativa that I intensely selected out of 10 packs in 1998......kept them for about 7 years.

The first mother was very spicy with copious hints of cinnamon and a dash of lemon.....Mmmmmmm. Super kind, cerebral and soaring with gentle waves of euphoria.....no body whatsoever, just googley-red eyes.

The second mother was sweet and tangy, citrus, lemonade.....extremely refreshing. Quite a bit more potent than the first mother, but extremely lucid.....you would have to stop and think to yourself, "Did I even get a buzz from that?", crack a smile, "Whew! I Did!". The effects reminded me a lot of DJ's Flo.....this pheno was perfect for "the working man".....very motivational and functional.

I wish these genetics were still available, as I consider them some of the best that were/are commercially available of all time.

Come on people, make lots of seeds, because it would be a shame for this strain to become extinct.

Be good.

I had similar experience with it. soaring yes for some phenos. speedy and working weed yes. some south african in it imo.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I'd be curious what % of seeds sold/traded are actually grown? I imagine that % drops significantly with flower times above 10 weeks. Hoarding seeds into nonviability seems common in the community.

As for fhs I agree it is prime for outcrosses being so uniform yet grow able pure as it doesn't suffer strongly from inbreeding depression. I crossed it to several Hawaiian seedlines and cuts but haven't seen much of the offspring. Stoney spoke high of the sic cross. I plan to pop some and urge others holding to do so as well.

I dont know what is sic cross man? how would you rate potency of hawaiian sativa for you? on scale from 0 to 10 where 10 is the most potent. thanks.

bloyd

Veteran
Sorry can't edit post get weird formatting issues.

I rate hs potency high, 8ish. It had strong up effect but I got a cold stimulant vibe not happy up vibe. I was on medication that ruined me at the time so I intend to revisit to see if my opinions changed.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
yeah I found one pheno. it was speedy speedy! just like south african... time is running so fast, that you dont have time to enjoy it LOL at least I see it like that. great for working though, as what you do normally for certain amount of time, I mean some manual work, after smoking that pheno you would finish that work in half time with a lot of energy still left...

the best pheno of HS I got was not that lemon zesty herbal stuff, but it was blueberry/lavender menthol cinnamon and it was not speedy at all, but really strong and soaring withou heart beating. really good, but unfortunately it was very low yielder... so I dropped that cut.

deepwaterdude

Cool thread; I haven't tasted the pure HS, but I loved Item #9 from cryptic labs, HS x UK Exodus Cheese cut. Awesome high with great terps. Those are also gone from the market, but I've got my last 4 beans up now. May repro. He's got something called Hawaiian Lights now, HS x NL5. Must be holding a good HS example.

Latest posts

Latest posts