What's new

Farmers Market for Clones in Clearlake..

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

theJointedOne

hmm that deep purple has the old school smell and flavor i love. Def good meds!

nomaad

Veteran
My son is a future stuntman. Its tough to watch your kids get hurt and such... I am the product of a Jewish Mom who, while being an awesome parent, was a little to quick to make me "Get down from there!" or "Get away from that edge!"... In most ways my parenting style attempts to emulate my own parents, but when it comes to trying to let go of the fear that they will hurt themselves so that they develop the proper ninja-skillset that they are going to need in life, I am trying to let go of my own parental anxiety and apprehension and let them learn their own physical boundaries. When we first moved back to the States last year, he broke his other elbow... I wasn't there for that one... so I'm glad I was there to hold his hand (the one that didn't hurt) thru this one. It has been a binding experience for the two of us.

That Deep Purp is some lovely outdoor. I think it definitely has a place is my gardens. The sample I have is not actually purple (though if you smell it with your eyes closed you'd expect some serious purple-osity)... does it purp sometimes? Taste and smell-wise its like a Purple Blue Dream. Medicinal value is up there too.

I just heard that gangster purps has a tendency to herm outside, so I am a little wary of it. Don't get me wrong... I'd still like to run the cut... I'm not scared of a couple of nanners (OK..maybe a little).

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nomaad..i ran the gangster outside last summer with no problems.. stress can cause almost any female to throw banana's but i've never seen them on the gangster. I hate hermaphrodites and have eliminated some of the really nice srains because they stress too easily like the headband and chem dawg. They dont do it with everyone but they do it too often for my taste.. I have grown the gangster a few times and havent seen a banana or had a seed. i'm a "keep it simple" kind of grower and so minimal nutes for me. i totally stand behind our Gangster Purps and make sure everything has had a couple of test runs before we keep it as an "in house" strain.
The D.P. can turn very purple.. i think there are a few cooking now with the name "Nomaad" on them..:plant grow:
We look forward to your next visit.

TO ALL MEMBERS!! If you have excess trim all donations are appreciated!

nomaad

Veteran
i love you guys. there is some spirited discussion going on over at my GH thread about what purps I should run this year.

i trust you guys and your system for quality control. i always take opinions about strains and breeders with a grain of salt. I have seen others achieve better results than myself with the same strains. i have seen and smoked bagseed nugs that have blown me away in every department. Finding the right genetics is really about trusting the human connections... If certain people were to put a plant in my hands and tell me absolutely nothing about it except "trust me. you're going to love it." I'd run it.

And that goes for anything with the GKG seal of approval.

Momerath

That DP sounds great. I'm gonna have to check this place out next time I'm in the area. Been wanting to come for quite some time, I just don't find myself in Lake County very often (despite how amazingly beautiful it is there).

nomaad

Veteran
So my homegirl inspected that sample of PTW u sent her way and this is definitely the strain she is looking for. She is stoked. When will cuts become available?

nomaad

Veteran
honestly... i did not smoke it. i am not a huge fan of trainwreck, though I know certain people are (homegirl for example). I just gave it to her and she confirmed that its the cut she has been after.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
ihave been looking for some nysd males to crossinto my fave indica

If you go to GKG on the 11th I can hook you up with some NYCD pollen. I got the seeds directly from Soma's hands at the '08 HTCC so I know they are real deal. Out of the three males I kept I only collected pollen from one. He was the most crystalized and kept the best dark green coloration in veg, very easy to maintain plant and definitely funky.

The pollen is a little old,(around 7 months) but has been kept with desiccants in side a piece of non bleached paper-in a bag-that's in glass-in my mini fridge with the light taken out.

If you want some, it's yours.

i trust you guys and your system for quality control. i always take opinions about strains and breeders with a grain of salt. I have seen others achieve better results than myself with the same strains. i have seen and smoked bagseed nugs that have blown me away in every department. Finding the right genetics is really about trusting the human connections... If certain people were to put a plant in my hands and tell me absolutely nothing about it except "trust me. you're going to love it." I'd run it.

And that goes for anything with the GKG seal of approval.

totally agree. i know any strain i am lucky enough to get from GKG is going to be stellar. i went there a few months back and picked up 9 different strains and ran them all, hoping to reduce the numbers down to 2 or 3. problem is, they're all so good i just can't choose!

hey rowdy, still planning to have the nancy botwin available soon?

T

theJointedOne

A friend has the purple diesel going and it is a very pretty girl, nice size colas of pure purple love. Good density and looks like it should be easy to trim. just my 2 cents!

oh and that PTW is great medicine for anxiety and panic dissorder. real nice stuff.

ok

raspect

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok so I have had another grow report about banana's in the Gangster Purps.. We will pull it from our available clone list as I feel it must stress very easily or its a hermaphrodite and I've had good luck or something... I cant fugure it out as I havent seen a banana one but I cant discount the reports. I will continue to run the gangster for the excellent medicine it produces.
Thanks to everyone for the valuable grow reports.
We hope to have Bog's seeds available starting in April.

Just for clarification, what is the Ganster Purps made up of? Is it OG x Mendo Purps or something else? Thank's a bunch!

BTW, just wanted to put a ROOT APHID alert out for Nor Cal.... they are emerging early this year so be ready!! You have been warned....

calicoli06

Good call on the Gangster Rowdy. I too had herm issues with it.
A pity cause it has a better structure then the grape ape.
peace

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Gangster Purps was brought to us from TheBandit777. He always had phenominal medicine and always had a finished product to show... (so not always a guarantee) His story was he got the male triple og pollen directly from Outlaw Genetics and crossed it with a mendo purp female. I'm guessing it must have been pollen from a hermaphrodite now?? Its outa here though no matter what the origin. Now what are we going to do about the Nancy Botwin who came from TheBandit as well?

nomaad

Veteran
Now what are we going to do about the Nancy Botwin who came from TheBandit as well?

I'd say wait and see what people who have grown it have to say... Just like this experience with info on the Gangster Purps... it took about 24 hours for the necessary info to come in to inform your decision to take it off the shelf. I am sure that the Nancy Botwin will undergo the same scrutiny by the community... won't be long before you have growers reporting in...

For what its worth, Fisher grew the GP outdoors in 09 and had no herms.

nomaad

Veteran
What do you think Rowdy, you run her without hermi so she may be rather manageable?

seems like this is the case. its just not a "grower-friendly" (translation: idiot-proof) strain... but for an experienced grower who is able to manage this liability, its still a worthwhile strain... the meds are top notch. Fisher ran the Gangster OD in 09 and had no herm issues...

good to see GKG constantly tweaking the quality control issues as they arise.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now what are we going to do about the Nancy Botwin who came from TheBandit as well?
I'll take it!!!!
Anytime you take OG pollen it's bound to muddy up the genepool.
All OG pollen is either from a reverse-sex plant, stress-induced hermi plant, or a further generation of one of those two options. Not 100% safe, to say the least.
From my understanding, the Nancy got her pollen from a '94-'95 pack of Federation Romulan seeds and her mama is the well known Purple Urkle. Should be safe.......
Just in case I'll test her out..... whaddaya say?
:laughing:

Hmm, I'll keep her in my flowering tent as I flipper her a few days ago. I'll watch her very close and if I need to I'll toss her.

Thanks for putting the info out there, it's the reason I will always go back to Good Karma! Rather then worry about image you all would rather the facts be out there, I wish other places could do the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts