What's new

East Coast Zkittles Freak and Australian Dead Head

orangina

Veteran
Hello there fellow Cannaseurs!

Over the past two years I popped plenty of seeds. Among many nice encounters two really stood out. I am obviously talking about the Zkittels Freak and the ADH.
While the former was just a freebee the latter was my initial purchase. I grew one seed and it became a favorite smoke of me and my pal. Each time we met to smoke through our harvests and old stash the Australian Dead Head was a turn around smoke. It gave us a new rush of energy to wash off the lethargic and blurry state of mind. The smoke was a great blend of incense lime haze with a touch of Diesel in the back, a perfect incorporation of old- and new school.
Needles to say that I had to popp another seed after loosing my mom while being on a festival.
I grew two Zkittels Freaks not expecting much from freebees, stupid I know, but I am generally avoiding these US hype strains. My liking is more on the wild sativa side. Long story short, it was a big mistake and I popped my last Freak Zkittels. I had a somewhat chaotic grow, but the pheno smoked nicely. Now I will give it a proper run.
So grab a chair, be my guest and enjoy the growshow.
The two girls are at 6 days of flower and damn I love the structure of the Freak and the leafs of the Aussie look promising as well. She stretched so much I had to bend her over.

Freak Zkittels
View media item 18713062
View media item 18713061
View media item 18713060
Last run, but pretty neglected. Again my girls had to suffer while I was on my festivals.
View media item 18712721
View media item 18712720
Australian Dead Head
View media item 18713051
View media item 18713050
View media item 18713049
More to come soon...

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice thread and story bro 👌 , yeah the Australian Dead Head a favourite in my circle ,amazing exotic taste and great potency.

Look forward to the show

orangina

Veteran
Nice thread and story bro 👌 ,
Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully the new kind will be appreciated as my last one. She is pretty stretchy, but I consider that a promising feature.
View media item 18713154
And the Freak Zkittels...
View media item 18713157
View media item 18713156
I'm going to ride with you and see what you are talking about. Thanks for posting friend.
Nice to have you on the show. It's always nice to have someone to chat with during the ride. Especially if it is a long one.
Cheers Guys!

orangina

Veteran
Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey my friends, here is a little update. A week has past and the plants are still nicely green. The freak Zkittels stopped stretching while the Australian Dead Head still is.
View media item 18713618
View media item 18713617
View media item 18713616
View media item 18713620
By the way, I just received my order from OJD. Stealthy delivery and a generous bonus made my day.
CheersO
Great update bro , looking 👌.

Glad to hear you got your order and with either 50% off if ordered last month and 33% off this month for any icmag.com members wether you post pics or not

Members
( start posting pics or even logs and you might get FREE seed packs from me every run you do)

orangina

Veteran
Great update bro , looking 👌.
Thanks man! So far all goes fine. I am just not sure about feeding. I just have recycled soil (80%), worm humus (10%), coco and coal (total 10%). I never fed anything except for occasional worm tea and always some bukashi fluids. Now I added some worm tea (10%), bokashi fluids and some guano power. I hope they will thrive while I am on holidays. Please guys wish me luck and you will see nice pics in two weeks. I hope the ADH is done stretching.

View media item 18713840
View media item 18713839
View media item 18713837
View media item 18713836
View media item 18713831
CheersO

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is a little update. The plants seem to need some Calmag, not the ADH but the Freak Zkittels does I guess. What do you guys think?
View media item 18714158
View media item 18714155
View media item 18714154
View media item 18714153
Looks like it needs to up the base feed a little ( light in colour) Australian Dead Head is lighter feeder so looks more green.

Both looking good just a little light on nutes, both starting to fade from bottom.

Any smells yet ?

orangina

Veteran
Any smells yet ?
Yea both smell really nice. The ADH has a more citric light spice haze smell and the Freak Zkittels I would describe as lemon fuel haze. I am not a fan of Super Lemon Haze. The lemon fuel haze seems more like my kind of smoke. There are also some spicy notes in the background. But the fuel dominates so far. In the end product there is more spice coming through but still in balance with the lemon fuel. I am really excited to see how they turn out this time.
By the way, I am looking for a great Diesel Haze. Which strains from your stash would you recommend besides the Freak zkittels?
I tried your OJD cut of SSSDH supposedly and it was not my first pic. I preferred another SSSDH cut selected by a friend from your stock which was more spicy. When it comes to Diesel Haze I loved your East Coast Diesel x SSSDH. I was really terpy, vigorous and potent.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some Haze/Diesel combos I offer

Diesel Madness ( NH21 x Mullumbimby Madness x Original Diesel) and Dieselope ( Chocolope famous Amsterdam clone x Soma's G13 Haze male x Original Diesel)these 2 have blown us away, perfect mix of Haze N Diesel

Diesel Madness pics

I also offer the Original Thai Diesel Feminized from Original Diesel project list.

7.The Original Thai Diesel
= Swiss Thai Nevil 2 clone from Nevil's Grail project X Original Diesel clone Reversed
10-12 weeks

Screenshot_20231010_103737_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20231010_103740_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20231010_103741_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20231010_104216_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20231010_104230_Instagram.jpg

orangina

Veteran
Thanks for your suggestions! I will check out your strains.
Here are some pics from day 55.
Australian Dead Head
full

full

Freak Zkittels
full

full

@ojd When do you think they will be ripe? I thought the Freak Zkittels would ripen before the ADH.

CheersO

EasyE

As I see them, they both appear to be on a similar track to finish, with Zkittles being possibly a week longer, as you mentioned. I think the harvest window will begin at 70 days through 85 days, with the Deadhead taken maybe 5 days or so earlier.

That being said, they both look super nice and powerful, but the look of the Deadhead makes me jealous, as I love sativas.

And I'm smoking on 9 great strains, none of which are really the sativa I'm craving. My most energetic, at the moment, are Super Boof and Peach Maui, both of which are less clear than I would like.

Have a great harvest soon.

EasyE

I'm not growing right now, the flower I have is all US dispensary bud. It's all strong and looks pretty but noone seems to take the time to grow full sativas in this market. All I can do is wait for the rare batch of Durban or Haze. I miss regularly having ganja that makes me want to go for a hike or clean the house. But I sure sleep like a baby.

The strains are:
Super Boof
Peach Maui
Fatso
Orange Cookie Chemdawg
Cherry Lime Gelato
Blue Cookies
Chocolate Junky
Triangle Kush
and 1 unknown

Your Aussie Deadhead would be great to have. Congratulations on your patience growing them.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are my girls at day 59. How long until they are ready?
Australian Dead Head
full

full

full

full

Freak Zkittels
full

full

full

full

full

The Freak Zkittels seems to take loner, gut I will give her 3 weeks max, rather 2. What's your guess @ojd?

CheeriO
Sorry bro I thought I replied last question.

The pic looks like a more Haze Freak leaner and will need minimum of 10 weeks to show her real features in taste/High even 12 weeks but looks really nice 👌

But wow that's an Early leaning Australian Dead Head, most need 12 weeks or more but some come in at 10 weeks thanks to the early flowering time of the Casey Jones ( 8-9 weeks) that was used to hit the Mulumbimby Madness x NH21

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are my girls at day 59. How long until they are ready?
Australian Dead Head
full

full

full

full

Freak Zkittels
full

full

full

full

full

The Freak Zkittels seems to take loner, gut I will give her 3 weeks max, rather 2. What's your guess @ojd?

CheeriO
Looking at your latest pics I'd start flushing or plain water now as Aus Dead looks ready by day 70 and East Coast Zkittles Freak 7 days later if you make it that far ( or start reducing light hours from 12/12 to 11/13 on/off and 10/14 next week to help her mature quicker)

Both looking great

orangina

Veteran
@ojd I gave 11/13 for the whole cycle. The ADH will fall around 70-73 days. The Freak Zkittels after 77 days probably.

Reactions: ojd

Latest posts

Latest posts