What's new

drugs versus 2nd amendment

armedoldhippy

Veteran
this has been in the news quite a bit lately. not the least because of Hunter Bidens case RE "illegal" possession because of his drug use. now, at least two different federal court judges have ruled that the laws stripping drug users of the right to self protection are on their face "null and void/unconstitutional". i'm wondering how this will play out long term for ALL of us, and short-term for Bidens case. i'm pretty sure that there will be a great hue and cry from the right about "special treatment" even if these rulings are upheld by full circuits of the federal courts. folks taking legal narcotics do not give up their rights because of doctors prescriptions, why would you lose your 2nd amendment rights over use of a plant which is legal in many states? i don't want to hear any bullshit about "still federally illegal" either...let's hear it.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
not about what drugs are legal, it's about laws taking your rights away because of behavior not affecting others - smoking pot, doing coke etc. if they are not going to treat folks with scripts for narcotics the same way, then i call "hypocrisy and unequal treatment under the law". pot, coke and all are lumped together in the form you sign attesting that you "are not addicted to nor a user of illegal drugs" in order to buy a firearm. some judges are agreeing and saying it is unconstitutional.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
the 5th Circuit Appeals Court unanimously rejected the law in reference to a cannabis users (Patrick Daniels) conviction. he was facing a sentence of nearly 4 years in the case, along with 3 years of probation. this only applies to that district (Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas) but will probably form the basis for Biden asking for another trial or dismissal of that charge, which still leaves him facing the tax charges that he pled guilty to.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hey brother, coke, weed, hey'ron, trank, its all good man
hunter is the boy
/hint: not all drug are equal and a lot of the ones you mentioned (prescription or not) will f' you up big time
by being a felon he forfeits certain rights, the right to carry a gun is one of them
/if you put anyone elses name in there, would you feel the same about felons owning guns?

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
hey brother, coke, weed, hey'ron, trank, its all good man
hunter is the boy
/hint: not all drug are equal and a lot of the ones you mentioned (prescription or not) will f' you up big time
by being a felon he forfeits certain rights, the right to carry a gun is one of them
/if you put anyone elses name in there, would you feel the same about felons owning guns?
IS he a convicted felon? his guilty plea has been withdrawn. WHO it is is irrelevant to me. his name just happens to be in the news lately. the important part is that federal judges are now calling "bullshit!" on laws prohibiting non-violent drug users (that's you and me. well, i'm assuming about you) from owning firearms. and in some states, not all felonies are the same. and yes...put anyone elses name in there that is not accused of violent crimes, and i say they should not lose their constitutional (and inalienable as far as i'm concerned) right to self defense. is he a tax cheat? sure, already admitted it and paid up. did he cavort with naked women and do coke? fuck, who hasn't? i know i did when younger...:woohoo::tiphat:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
people lose their "rights" all the time, most of them are privileges and when you break a law they are taken away as part of your punishment
im all for guns but not everyone should have them, especially those ordered by a court not to at the time

Last edited:

Rider420

Funny in Canada you can own guns and cannabis!

Guns & Drugs: Canada’s Marijuana Legalization​

By RGSL Staff|October 31st, 2018|Local Stories, Public Interest, RGSL Developments
The Canadian Firearms Program has provided this response when asked about what the actual law says federally regarding legally possessing/owning/using guns, alcohol, and marijuana (Updated Nov 10, 2018):
Re: alcohol, marijuana, and the Firearms Act
Thank you for your inquiry.

Neither the Firearms Act, nor the Criminal Code speak to the use of a firearm while in possession of alcohol or marijuana. As you correctly pointed out, section 22(b) of the Firearms Act prohibits the transfer of a firearm to someone who is impaired by alcohol or drugs.
Section 85 of the Criminal Code deals with the careless use of a firearm, but being under the influence of alcohol or marijuana is not in and of itself deemed “careless use”. The elements of the offence still need to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
However, most (if not all) provinces and territories have hunting regulations that speak to hunting while intoxicated. Additionally, most (if not all) shooting clubs/ranges have rules prohibiting the use of their facilities while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
The purpose of this mailbox is to provide general information on the administration of the Firearms Act. The Canadian Firearms Program cannot offer legal opinions or provide legal advice to individuals or businesses. Should you require advice on a legal issue, please contact a lawyer.
Regards,
RCMP | GRC
Canadian Firearms Program | Programme canadien des armes à feu
FSD Communications | Communications du PSMAF

armedoldhippy

Veteran
2nd amendment not a privilege. when you are CONVICTED of certain laws they can restrict certain rights. he's not yet gone to trial. odd...the GOP bitched incessantly that the guy prosecuting him was not a "Special Prosecutor". so, they made him one. now they aint happy that he IS a Special Prosecuting Attorney. i guess that if the guy shoots and kills Hunter, they'll be mad because it was a "coverup" of some sort, lol...anything to drag The Chump out of the headlines, except that's where the fat fuck wants to be. :ROFLMAO:

Rider420

You got to love Trump supporters they have no doubt that Trump will make cannabis legal again just like he did the last time he was elected.

Rider420

People with TDS

"Trump derangement syndrome (TDS) is a pejorative term, usually for criticism or negative reactions to former United States president Donald Trump that are perceived to be irrational, and presumed to have little regard towards Trump's actual policy positions, or actions undertaken by his administration."

There are extremist that exaggerate Trump's lies but the facts speak for themselfs.

The Fact Checker counted a total of 30,573 false or misleading claims made by President Trump during his White House tenure.

Did Trump legalize cannabis? Did Trump make America great again? Did Trump put up the wall? Is Trump going to jail or is he really just too stupid to understand he lost the election? Smoking a joint laughing my ass off.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
they'll be mad because it was a "coverup" of some sort, lol
that didn't take long! that imbecile Ted Cruz (after demanding Special Prosecuting Attorney status for the guy (David Weiss) over Bidens case) is now deriding Weiss's appointment as.... a Special Prosecutor ! you can't make this shit up, folks! these witless fuckwads want someone over the case who assumes he is guilty, declares him to be so, and is willing to put him behind bars without a trial. from the Washington Examiner this morning.

Rider420

Too funny we all watched on TV as Trump tried to overthrow the transfer of power. on Jan 6.

Now we get to watch Trump claim he was too stupid to know he lost the election otherwise he's going to jail for his actions.

I just love morons who think cannabis is more harmful then alcohol or tobacco because it proves what they are just like those who still support Trump.