What's new

Double Hydrohuts in Humboldt

D

dongle69

For the past year I have been running (2) 4x8 Hydrohuts that have been joined together as one 8x8 room.
I couldn't decide how I wanted to split up my garage, so this is what I came up with in the meantime.
The huts were joined together by unzipping and folding back the sides that are together (obviously).
Inside, I used clamps, cable ties, and plastic molding to keep things sealed enough.
I am running (3) 1000 watt hps that are air cooled.
They are High Yield Lighting "Coolstar" ballasts with 8" EasyCool hoods.
They are cooled with an 8" Vortex fan.
The intake is a 6" Vortex with an Organic Air HEPA filter on the Hydrohut flange.
The exhaust is an 8" Vortex with an Organic Air charcoal filter on the Hydrohut flange.
The temperature is controlled by a Phason fan speed controller running the intake and exhaust.
I have in the room (2) oscillating fans and (2) stationary fans.
I also have a 60 pint dehumidifier with a hose running outside for constant drainage.
I use (48) 3 gal nursery containers taking up 48 sq ft of the 64 available.
I leave extra space for me to get around and to have the dehumidifier and oscillating fans.
This run I am trying a new strain to me called "AfPak."
Apparently it is an Afghanistan-Pakistan Kush.
It is in high demand here in Humboldt so by golly here I go!
They look a little funny right now because I just took clones off of them.
They were just moved into the hut after being vegged for a couple of weeks under t-5's.
Light cycle is still 18/6 probably for another week at most.
I'll update later!

Last edited:

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Looking damn good bro. I am running a 4x8 tent atm and was thinking when i need to go bigger to do just as you are doing now. It is plenty of room to grow endless smoke. I will tagging along this thread if you dont mind.

G

beautiful! Nice and clean! I was planning on getting some coolstars from htgsuppy. Do you like them so far? any better than other magnetic ballats you have used in the past? Keep up the good work!

- N.W.

G

NICE SETUP LOOKS LIKE EVERYTHING IS ALL DIALED IN ! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !

STAY SAFE KEEP IT GREEN !

Germanator

Looks good Dongle, You have the hydro hut in your garage and I am wondering how difficult it is to control temps in there during the summer? Do you anticipate having to bring in a AC unit for the two huts? Just wondering because dealing with temp variations is the main reason I haven't built in my garage up until now.

Germ

D

dongle69

NoWorries said:
beautiful! Nice and clean! I was planning on getting some coolstars from htgsuppy. Do you like them so far? any better than other magnetic ballats you have used in the past? Keep up the good work!

- N.W.

They are the best ballasts that I have found. Used with Sunmaster bulbs, they pump out the most lumens you can get.
I did experiment with digitals also (both GGL and Lumatek) and found them unreliable and no brighter.

D

dongle69

Germanator said:
Looks good Dongle, You have the hydro hut in your garage and I am wondering how difficult it is to control temps in there during the summer? Do you anticipate having to bring in a AC unit for the two huts? Just wondering because dealing with temp variations is the main reason I haven't built in my garage up until now.

Germ

Last summer required no AC. My intake is fresh outside air, and the exhaust goes right back outside. It never gets too hot here on the coast.
Air cooling the light is a must!
As for the garage itself, I have a passive intake with temperature controlled shutters that open when temps reach about 67. A big ass 14" Can Max-Fan exhausts hot air out of the roof.

D

dongle69

WaywardBob said:
All good things to come there, dongle! :) :respect:

Whats that yellow thing in the forth picture hanging from the light>?

It is a sticky trap to catch wayward fungus gnats.
They gnats are gone now thanks to beneficial nematodes, but I have left the traps hanging for good measure.

I think its a brilliant idea to combine the 2 4x8's. I never thought about that. Wonder how it would work in an apt room w/ no access to outdoor intake or exhaust, recirculating w/ portable a/c and 6 inch can fan filter.

I am def going to be checkin' back on your grow. Nice setup.

D

dongle69

Crhazey Daze said:
I think its a brilliant idea to combine the 2 4x8's. I never thought about that. Wonder how it would work in an apt room w/ no access to outdoor intake or exhaust, recirculating w/ portable a/c and 6 inch can fan filter.

I am def going to be checkin' back on your grow. Nice setup.

Thanks!
I think it would work as long as you kept your "lung" room cool enough.

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
This is very cool indeed. I have only a 1/4 of the space he has and wish I could have something like this oneday. Nice set up!

D

dongle69

Thanks all for the good vibes! :dance:

Not too exciting until a few weeks into flowering, but I'll update now and then.
I hope this AfPak stuff is a worthy strain.

Afpak is a great strain. A real heavy indica. Great for growing SOG. You should really enjoy it.

Kudos on combing the huts. Truly genius.

Latest posts

Latest posts