What's new

Doober's 2024 grow

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hey everybody I have 2 Tikimadman London Jelly and 15 or so White Widow x Trainwreck auto feminized from Ringo Doggie. 1 of the London Jelly broke the soil. Also have Mammoth Sunflowers and Early Jalapeno and California Wonder green peppers growing from seed 👍
IMG_20240506_105946886.jpg
IMG_20240506_105923085.jpg
IMG_20240506_105857986_HDR.jpg

oldmaninbc

Is your green buddha plastic or glass?

You like those big sunflowers, I grew the Mammoth once but the birds were not fond of the seeds.
Now I just grow the Peredovik which the birds eat with great gusto.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Is your green buddha plastic or glass?

You like those big sunflowers, I grew the Mammoth once but the birds were not fond of the seeds.
Now I just grow the Peredovik which the birds eat with great gusto.
Hey man the Buddha is like a resin I want to say on the bottom it says made in Thailand.
Yeah I love sunflowers man it's been a few years though I'll have to try those sunflowers that you're growing

oldmaninbc

The Peredovik are a heirloom variety as well.
Sunflowers are one of my very favorite plants to grow, they are so cheery and useful.

I have fondness for buddha figures

oldmaninbc

My wife bought a buddha from the thrift store here. It is made from wood, it's about 18" tall and about 12" wide. Not sure how old it is but it's a very nice figure. We had to apply some oil to it the wood was starting to dry.
We have a porcelain one, we bought it at the flea market, the lady moved here from Scotland and brought some of her antique collection with her including the buddha.

I have a few from retail stores but prefer to find them at markets, thrift stores, yard sales and estate sales.

I love those giant ones around the world carved out of stone.