What's new

Defoliating

kevinn

I am growing indoors in a tent and I am starting to see powdery mold at least in part because the tent is too full. I just put into flower 1-2 weeks ago. Can I defoliate during the 2 +/- week stretch period ?

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I would definitely cut out the PM. You can use a foliar spray as well. I have used Safer. Big also has something he says works great. I don't remember what it is though.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
How is the circulation in the tent. I also don't like having the big fan leaves touching each other.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Wow, lot of plants in a 4 x 4 tent if they have any size to them. What is your humidity?

MrKushman247

Strip your plants down day 1 of 12/12 then again at 21 days of 12/12. Then pluck as necessary after that. All that leaf blocks light and air flow and if resting on each other causes water to build up on the leaves

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Strip your plants down day 1 of 12/12 then again at 21 days of 12/12. Then pluck as necessary after that. All that leaf blocks light and air flow and if resting on each other causes water to build up on the leaves
And that induces PM

kevinn

Ok its day 11 from switching can I defoliate now. Think this the 1st thing that I need to do. I defoliated a week before flipping but it grew back fast.

MrKushman247

Ok its day 11 from switching can I defoliate now. Think this the 1st thing that I need to do. I defoliated a week before flipping but it grew back fast.
Yeah its a good time to start the process. Don't be afraid because as you stated it will grow back pretty quickly. Many times I thought I took to much off only for it to be completely overgrown less the 2 weeks later

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Next run Kev ....get a bigger tent, grow smaller plants or go from 6 to 4 plants. You will enjoy your grow more.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also, keep your temp swings to a min. The more stable it is the fewer mold issues you will have.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
SaferGro Mildew Cure works to eradicate PM. Can't use it too far into Flower or it zaps the pistils. Use as a preventative next run in Veg.

Latest posts

Latest posts