What's new

cohiba "mom" of white widow?

idiit

Veteran
Can someone summarize the relationship of Cohiba to White Widow for me? Is it definitely one of the parents, or was that just speculative?

^ we'll never know. it is a strong possibility imo for the reasons I stated in some of my posts. the mom was gathered from a grower in brazil and he called it "the one". that's it.

Castroman

Can someone summarize the relationship of Cohiba to White Widow for me? Is it definitely one of the parents, or was that just speculative?

To answer that question we would first need to know the real story of White Widow breeding, there are three or four people who claim to have developed it. If the breeder relied on the grower community to source the Brazilian component of the Widow, then someone could speculate that Cohiba had something to do with it.

idiit

Veteran
^ cool.

the very special, very frosty, very recessive cohiba xnld pheno I originally called gator after the alligator looking leaf is super fast. all clones despite time of planting are just starting flowering by aug 1. this is way too early for my od environment. I need late flowering phenos to come in after the summer heat. I will post pics. looks like she might be the "silver cheetah". :)

might be great for more northern environments than se usa.

hopes she is as exciting as my expectations.

Cannavore

Veteran
igfc5eQ.jpg

my dog has been having a good summer. she's been snackin on outdoor plants all summer long. killed a bunch including one of the cohibas. the other two grew back after she was done with her salad lol.. looks like i have a male and a female. kinda small but pretty resilient after being stripped down to nearly a bare stem twice. gonna have to come up with a better system next year for outdoor.

SourDank

Veteran
View Image

my dog has been having a good summer. she's been snackin on outdoor plants all summer long. killed a bunch including one of the cohibas. the other two grew back after she was done with her salad lol.. looks like i have a male and a female. kinda small but pretty resilient after being stripped down to nearly a bare stem twice. gonna have to come up with a better system next year for outdoor.

She's looking A+ brother, like that look she has

Cannavore

Veteran
^that looks like the typical cohiba pheno I usually get.

yep all three plants from the 5 seeds looked just like that.

the one i believe is a female has no stem rub smell whatsoever. the one i think is male has a light menthol rub.

thanks SourDank i'm looking forward to seeing this strain flower out. hope the odors pick up once the magic starts happening.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Same with the Columbian and Paraguayan Cohiba. That is why I was totally shocked to look at the Brazilian Cohiba and see most early hairs have died and buds beginning to ripen. An 82% sativa plant that grows like a skunk, but starts finishing before near 100% indicas? That is something I have never seen before

Could be a sativa with Lebanese genes in it, that's why it was so early.

According to Namkha from RSC

did I mention the Lebanese - Brazil connection earlier? my money is on Brazilian indicas - e.g. the one in your earlier pics - being from seed brought to Brazil by Lebanese... there is a very big Lebanese population in Brazil --- most Lebanese people live outside their homeland, and Brazil is one of the main places for them to move to

Good info in this topic.:yes:

Stash

Myself and my long time group of grower, seed trader freinds lost the best of friends last week. All that knew CLIPS loved him. He died from eating a fish paddy with bones in it. Lost alot of blood from his rectum and then his heart gave out. He made a post on page 2 of this thread. I feel so bad and it hurts me so bad knowing that he is gone.
Later, Stash

Castroman

I am deeply saddened by the news and stunned to learn about the cause of his death. The chain of events is so unlikely that it feels more the result of divine intervention than human error, a freak excuse to induct Clips into Heaven. Enjoy and explore the heavenly realms my friend, I know you will be welcomed there as much as you will be missed here!

ctg

Veteran
He was truly one of the most careing generous loving souls I have ever come across. His knowledge and gentile giving nature should be a model for all to follow when dealing with others and exploring hobbies and subjects we all love! He was part of a core group of like minded individuals that include Castroman and stash that have shared genetics and friendships for many years, part of many projects to further the med MJ cause and spread truth regarding the wonderous cannabis plant. I'm thankful that I met him and sadened by his passing. Adventures with him and those like him have definitely enriched my life thanks to my brother clips and my friends Castro, stash and many many others! Much love to you all!
-ct-

idiit

Veteran
Looking good! How's the smoke?

the outdoor came in last of September and is very strong. heavy high for a sativa. I think it would be a great choice for northern growers including an aww/silver clouds aka gator hybrid.

idiit

Veteran
here's another cohiba silver cloud pheno bud pic grown outdoors. hopefully my poor camera skills will pick up how frosty she can be.

picture.php

picture.php