What's new

Coastal Blueberry

Tynehead Tom

Gonna grow some Coastal Blueberry this summer and I'm expecting connoisseur quality blueberry terps and aromas from these beans. Some are even saying it's the best blueberry they have ever grown...... let's find out shall we ?
feel free to share your own pics of this line if you are growing them too.
Yesterday evening I scuffed 20 seeds in my seed scuffer and into wet paper towels.
This afternoon I checked on the seeds and was really happy to see 16 of the 20 seeds already had emerging root tips so I potted them all up into starter pots and the adventure begins. I'll probably do fairly regular updates as these grow and they will stay indoors until June 10th as I am at 52N, 3000ft elevation i western canuckistan and it's snowing outside right now as I type this LOL
here is proof of life :)

2024-04-28 CBB-1 - Copy.jpg

2024-04-28 CBB-2 - Copy.jpg

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gonna grow some Coastal Blueberry this summer and I'm expecting connoisseur quality blueberry terps and aromas from these beans. Some are even saying it's the best blueberry they have ever grown...... let's find out shall we ?
feel free to share your own pics of this line if you are growing them too.
Yesterday evening I scuffed 20 seeds in my seed scuffer and into wet paper towels.
This afternoon I checked on the seeds and was really happy to see 16 of the 20 seeds already had emerging root tips so I potted them all up into starter pots and the adventure begins. I'll probably do fairly regular updates as these grow and they will stay indoors until June 10th as I am at 52N, 3000ft elevation i western canuckistan and it's snowing outside right now as I type this LOL
here is proof of life :)

View attachment 18995015
View attachment 18995021
Best of luck Tynehead Tom :good::lurk:

Tynehead Tom

Best of luck this season @Tynehead Tom . I think I have some of those in the stash. Have you grown them before?
I have not flowered out this latest Fgen myself yet , it was released last year though. Quite a few grows on overgrow from others . Some of the Canadian growers killed it last summer and are still posting high praises..... like best blueberry they have every grown.

Tynehead Tom

well, 18 of 20 Coastal Blueberry beans are up and happy. 2 didn't sprout with the others but I've left them under the light and kept watering lightly. I see life in one of them today so that's 19 ;)
I see some of them are frosty little sprouts too which is nice to see. Some variation in the initial leaf shapes as well. In the pic , the bottom row is Coastal Blueberry, next 2 rows are Freisland IBL(2017) and the rest of the rows are Coastal Blueberry. In that bottom row, 2nd from the left , it's hard to see but that one came up as a twin.
2024-05-05 CBB & Friesland - Copy.jpg

Tynehead Tom

well the seedlings are 16 days old today and I moved them out the veg room under the HLG 600Bspec
Few more days and they will get transplanted to 1 gallons while they wait till the 10th of June to go outside.
Everthing is moving right along.... even the two seeds that didn't sprout right away eventually came up but are super slow although they look healthy enough. They will get culled if they don't accellerate thier growth rate soon.
anyways
a dozen Friesland Indica IBL on the left and the rest are Coastal Blueberry
2024-05-15 CBB & Friesland day 16 - Copy.jpg

Tynehead Tom

well , another week has slid on by as we get closer to June 10 when plants get transplanted and go outside.
Hopefully by then these will be mature enough to show sex and I can isolate the females and males.
The look a little haggard but are growing fine. I moved them into the 5x5 tent and they are lit by an HLG 600 Bspec. I have it about 4 feet or so above the plants at about 50%. I had it lower but the plants reacted negatively. They seem happier with the light well above the canopy. This is one powerful veg light I can attest to that. I usually run it at 6ft from the floor in the 7.5 x 7.5 ft room and as you can see by the pics in my previous post, the seedlings grow nicely with minimal stretch even with the light that far away. Generally i run it 60% and rarely have it higher.

anyhow here is today's pictures.... don't mind the shiddy looking clones around the lower edge and right side. Plants i am trying to save from extinction and i suck at cloning. At least they are rooted so time will tell. Also in the mix are 4 yellow tagged plants..... 3 down in the lower middle and one off to the right side
Those are 2 Darlin's Net and 2 Blueberry Muffin clones
The left 2 rows of seedlings are Friesland Indica IBL and the rest of them are Coastal Blueberry, today is day 22 of veg.
2024-05-22 Veg Tent - Copy.jpg

CocoNut 420

Hey bud, your seeds are looking well, I've since started 6 coastal blueberry but I've lost 2 of them, 2 look like shit and 2 look ok?
Idk why that is but they're clearly not happy.

There's a chance I've buffered my coco then potted without rinsing it with nutrient, failing that idk what the problem could be?
20240521_121052.jpg

It's now dead 🤔

Tynehead Tom

That's a bummer man.
I've tried coco a few times but i was killing plants so I went back to my tried and true Sunshine mix 4.
I have a pretty good sack of the Coastal Blueberry and pulled 20 seeds without any selection. 18 are nice seedlings doing there thing. The last 2 took a few days longer to sprout and are much slower growing than the other 18. All 20 seeds popped and are growing though so I doubt the issues you are having are the seeds. This line was released last year around 420 and there have been lots of grows (on OG) reporting great things so it was time for me to throw down a good seed pop to see what I can find.
I also was sent the HSO breeder's cut of Blueberry Muffin so will probably flower one of those out alongside these Coastal Blueberry plants. The Friesland Indica IBL will hopefully get to make some seeds with both these blueberry lines in an effort to shave down flowering times for my region at 52N/3000ft western Canada.

Latest posts

Latest posts