What's new

cloning autoflowers with the express interest in seeding them

grod31

Veteran
I am pondering the experience you have with cloning autoflowers with the express interest in seeding them.
I recently took cuttings from several autos with the intention of seeding them. While I didn't pollinate them initially, I'm curious what other have done. Whether you've tried it or not, I'd love to hear your theories.
Pollen days prior to cuttings? (my guess is this is the best) But even at 2-3 weeks some of these "super autos" only have a handful of viable calyxes/stigmas. Also the risk of introducing pollen to the main plant.
pollen at the time of cutting?
pollen at pre formed root hairs?
pollen after full roots?
Let's discuss!

Last edited:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I have done this 3 times and am about to do it a 4th. AFAIC this is the only way (for me). I clone the auto and reverse the clones. This has worked out great for me and I can still smoke the mother plant.

grod31

Veteran
AFAIC?
my plan is male pollen.
I appreciate the link and the documented work you have done.

buteo

Premium user
Veteran
This thread should be good content. Im curious about what answers we will get here. This is rattling around in my brain for future projects.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
AFAIC.... As far as I'm concerned. Sorry, I got caught up in the 21st century. LOL

Do you plan to pollinate the mother plant with the pollen from the clones and get the seeds from the mother/donor? Or, do you plan to allow the clones to pollinate themselves and get the seeds from the clones?

I did both and it worked out pretty well.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Sorry, I ASSUMED. LOL

I didn't use any males. I cloned a female plant and reversed the clones. Then, I used the pollen from the reversed clones.

grod31

Veteran
im gonna read that whole thread later but if you went through al that and still ht viable seeds i think a good old fashion male / female pollination should be no problem. I gotta do a bunch of the following:
Pollen days prior to cuttings
pollen at the time of cutting?
pollen at pre formed root hairs?
pollen after full roots?