What's new

Can 3 Pounds Per Light Be Achieved? Better Back It Up With Proof, Talk Is Cheap!

Can 3 Pounds Per Light Be Achieved? Better Back It Up With Proof, Talk Is Cheap!

• Total voters

TheOutlawTree

Look up jungleboyz on instagram they get 3lb per gavita with moderate yielders like sherbet and some og varietys...I remember reading they hit over 4 with a bigger yielding strain

I've gotten 2.95 per gavita organically in soil on a far from perfect double dream grow- that's after losing at least 5 lbs to bud rot in tops because my indoor room is ghetto and plants weren't the healthiest towards the end of flower

I'm not surprised most people in this industry think it isn't possible

zoo

Look up jungleboyz on instagram they get 3lb per gavita with moderate yielders like sherbet and some og varietys...I remember reading they hit over 4 with a bigger yielding strain

I've gotten 2.95 per gavita organically in soil on a far from perfect double dream grow- that's after losing at least 5 lbs to bud rot in tops because my indoor room is ghetto and plants weren't the healthiest towards the end of flower

I'm not surprised most people in this industry think it isn't possible

I don't believe they are pulling 3+lb's per light in those huge 100 gavita rooms. Don't believe everything you read buddy.. this is the internet.

MJINC

It's plenty possible under the right conditions over the grow period using a number of techniques. Scrog/SOG grows where the environment is dialed in correctly and the spacing is right where they maximize the light, guys are hitting 1.5 gpw. These days with better quality equipment a gram per watt is becoming more and more common. It has to be with the competitive nature of the industry and wholesale prices coming down

I don't believe they are pulling 3+lb's per light in those huge 100 gavita rooms. Don't believe everything you read buddy.. this is the internet.

I saw the room that the jungle boys pulled the 3+ a light out of. They don't use that exact style anymore , but they were growing 11ft plants in 3g pots of coco. With horizontal and vertical lighting combined with defoliting and multi feeds a day. It happened. Not everything on the internet is fake news. Lol

Dog Star

Veteran
Made with Gavita 3 lb+,last run,from clones that are only 10 days vegged,
strains are Silver Haze elite cut,Amnesia Haze elite cut,Fake GG#4,
16 plants in organic soil,organic setup,runned Gavita on 1150W except last two weeks
go dimmed.

Main thing was in defoliation,that was raise mine yield in amazing way,

lot more buds i got than before when i didnt defoliate.

C

cooterbrown420

I saw the room that the jungle boys pulled the 3+ a light out of. They don't use that exact style anymore , but they were growing 11ft plants in 3g pots of coco. With horizontal and vertical lighting combined with defoliting and multi feeds a day. It happened. Not everything on the internet is fake news. Lol

I always wondered how they claimed any per light numbers when they run vertical and horizontal lighting at same time. They have extra lighting on plants increasing yield.

AWDTERROR

I have seem many places hit 3lbs a light.
I personally have hit max of 2.66lbs per 1000w in a 4x4(16sqft)
Extrapolate that up to 5x5(25sqft)or 4x6(24sqft) and over 3lbs a light is very achievable with proper defoliation and strain.
Just my 2 pennies

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Since I run three types of indoor lighting, LED, CMH, and Fluorescent, the indoor plants cannot be said to have a single light.
However, the outdoor plants do use a single light and I can vouch for over three pounds from it. Photos are available.

It is the quality of light that is the problem, the outdoor light has all the spectrum and ratios of color set where I want them. The indoor lights have numerous spikes of color throwing off the spectrum and it takes a large number of various light sources to smooth the spectrum to acceptable growing intensities.

Anyway, my new hoop bud area is expected to yield seven a light this year. Eleven plants germinated and four transplanted so far, seven more will be transplanted today and all will go outside under a single light in two days.
The new building should help, last year the plants got so over watered the fantastic light did not help the yield.

Reactions: GMT

Dr.King

Veteran
It sure is achievable. Lots of top notch growers currently hitting that mark and above. Anytime anyone needs some information about how to hit 2+ gpw check my thread out or feel free to pm me, no worries :tiphat:.

My old keeper Chemdog. I was hitting 2.5-3 pounds with 4 rounds per year under 500 watts in a 5' x '5 x 7' tent.

R42WiXW.jpg

VaK83xD.jpg

Old Zamaldelica keeper, 100% Sativa. Hitting 2.25 pounds with 4 rounds per year under 500 watts in a 5' x 5' x 7' tent as well.

DL46XEX.jpg

pA4zWvx.jpg

It sure is achievable. Lots of top notch growers currently hitting that mark and above. Anytime anyone needs some information about how to hit 2+ gpw check my thread out or feel free to pm me, no worries :tiphat:.

My old keeper Chemdog. I was hitting 2.5-3 pounds with 4 rounds per year under 500 watts in a 5' x '5 x 7' tent.

View Image

View Image

Old Zamaldelica keeper, 100% Sativa. Hitting 2.25 pounds with 4 rounds per year under 500 watts in a 5' x 5' x 7' tent as well.

View Image

View Image

What kind of light you using?

Dr.King

Veteran
What kind of light you using?

Sorry I didn't see your post for a while, I don't know how I missed it. I was using a normal 400 watt average MH/HPS set-up from ebay. Now the led lights I where using took me multiple purchases of Led panels to find a great company. MarsHydro Led panels are top notch and very cheap on the wallet. They last a very long time. I purchased 8 and none of them burned out in a year of straight use. I plan to use them when I get the rest of my items after having moved.

To anyone who is trying to achieve a massive yield the two most impotent things are first letting the plant veg upwards to create a lot of nodes or your yield will easily be half of what it could be. Second and possibly just as impotent is too trim all of the leaves/nodes under the scrog and I do mean all. Not the branches going up into the scrog but all of the under near nodes that are attracted. I really hope I see more people hitting higher yields. Feel free to ask me any questions via here or p.m. Happy growing and be safe all.

Sorry I didn't see your post for a while, I don't know how I missed it. I was using a normal 400 watt average MH/HPS set-up from ebay. Now the led lights I where using took me multiple purchases of Led panels to find a great company. MarsHydro Led panels are top notch and very cheap on the wallet. They last a very long time. I purchased 8 and none of them burned out in a year of straight use. I plan to use them when I get the rest of my items after having moved.

To anyone who is trying to achieve a massive yield the two most impotent things are first letting the plant veg upwards to create a lot of nodes or your yield will easily be half of what it could be. Second and possibly just as impotent is too trim all of the leaves/nodes under the scrog and I do mean all. Not the branches going up into the scrog but all of the under near nodes that are attracted. I really hope I see more people hitting higher yields. Feel free to ask me any questions via here or p.m. Happy growing and be safe all.

So you're using the Mars hydro LEDs and the mh/hps at the same time? Thanks by the way

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator

Ill start looking through your threads, ill probably have some questions. I have been studying heath robinson's grows for a few years now. He seems to have disappeared though, I really appreciate your willingness to share.

:dance013:

Dr.King

Veteran
So you're using the Mars hydro LEDs and the mh/hps at the same time? Thanks by the way

I would definitely recommend using them together. For instances in my 5 x 5 area I put the MH/HPS system in the middle of the tent like normal. The Led lights I put one on each side. Where every light(used a light meter from ebay that was $20) was low I re-positioned that Led on that side of the tent to cover the area. Same for the other side. At the end my true wattage was 550-600 watts. 400 for the MH/HPS, 90 watts each Led panel(used the 180 watt Led panels). Knowing what I do now I would definitely use all Led lights. I could easily put 4 Led panels in with the other 2 totaling 6 Led panels instead of using the MH/HPS. Still 550-600 true watts but 1100+ Led power. Light coverage would be way better and nearly the same light penetration. I can't wait to test this one for myself.

Ill start looking through your threads, ill probably have some questions. I have been studying heath robinson's grows for a few years now. He seems to have disappeared though, I really appreciate your willingness to share.

:dance013:

He among others are on a big list of top growers. Feel free to ask away no worries :tiphat:. Happy growing all.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
3 pounds per light is achievable, but only if everything is perfectly right. Without a doubt, long veg times are the key, with grower skills and genetics also factoring in.

My personal best is 26 oz.'s from a single plant, grown under old fashioned lights using a home made aero system without CO2.

4SD - 26 oz. Yield
4SD Harvested @ Day 71 - Hang 'Em High - 26 oz. yield.jpg

Here is my old room. This was my best harvest - 86 oz. from 6 plants. Halide lights, aero system, no CO2. As always, there were plenty of things I should have done to improve yield.
Squid Room.jpg

RMS

:smoweed:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts