What's new

buy or wait

G

those of you who tested these lights.. as of now their are very few finished grow logs. but would you recommend buying a few 126w lights or should i just go with my original plan of a few 600w hps?

How much space do you need to cover? What is your budget? Can you afford to accept a higher initial outlay in return for reduced costs over the longer term? How important is fan noise in your operation? What are ambient temps in your grow area? How risk averse are you? How many lights are you considering?

That's just a few things you need to take into consideration, imo.

It would be one thing to pick up one or two units to experiment with or for a micro grow. But for use in a significantly sized grow, I would wait a few weeks for some more results before I spent thousands on a complete set-up. if you can't wait, then maybe consider getting some of each to be sure and then go 100% LED when you've tested for yourself and have some cash flow from operations.

Good luck and let us know what you do...

alaskan

You'll obviously save money in the long run with LEDs, and help educate a ton of people in the process if you log your grows here...

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
How much space do you need to cover? What is your budget? Can you afford to accept a higher initial outlay in return for reduced costs over the longer term? How important is fan noise in your operation? What are ambient temps in your grow area? How risk averse are you? How many lights are you considering?

That's just a few things you need to take into consideration, imo.

It would be one thing to pick up one or two units to experiment with or for a micro grow. But for use in a significantly sized grow, I would wait a few weeks for some more results before I spent thousands on a complete set-up. if you can't wait, then maybe consider getting some of each to be sure and then go 100% LED when you've tested for yourself and have some cash flow from operations.

Good luck and let us know what you do...

Cheers! Good Post.

LEDGirl

Veteran
I found this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/120W-FULL-SPEC...item45f00ab8d6 Is this a load of rubbish??? Or nothing like LEDgirls?.

REALLY SPECTRUM TRIBAND GROW LIGHT

CONTAINS 112 x 1 Watt LEDs (Made up of 88 x 1 Watt RED LEDs,
12 x 1 Watt BLUE LEDs, and 12 x 1 Watt Warm Orange LEDs)

* Wavelength of Red LEDs: 630nm
* Wavelength of Blue LEDs: 460nm
* Wavelength of Orange LEDs: 610nm

It's nothing like our product. #1 it's missing 660nm which is vital for flowering. #2 it uses 610nm orange which does ABSOLUTELY nothing for plant growth, and #3 it uses 120 degree lenses. Our light has 6 outputs, not 3, and 4 of them are targeted at photosynthesis peaks. Their light is a china-standard model, meaning the company did absolutely no development of their own, they just resell what the MFR supplies them. Over 90% of the light MFR's in China never test their lights on a single plant, they leave that up to the companies who are contracting them to build lights...

BLOCKER

It's nothing like our product. #1 it's missing 660nm which is vital for flowering. #2 it uses 610nm orange which does ABSOLUTELY nothing for plant growth, and #3 it uses 120 degree lenses. Our light has 6 outputs, not 3, and 4 of them are targeted at photosynthesis peaks. Their light is a china-standard model, meaning the company did absolutely no development of their own, they just resell what the MFR supplies them. Over 90% of the light MFR's in China never test their lights on a single plant, they leave that up to the companies who are contracting them to build lights...

Sorry I edited the post to "great" after relizing what a dumb post I made..

Im always told to think before I speak, I never listen and end up looking like a twat lol, Merry xmas.

LEDGirl

Veteran
lol, no problem man, just wanted to state some easy differences ;) Merry Xmas to you as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts