New Clones:
picture.php

Getting ready for 5 gals...
picture.php

Veg stages:
picture.php

:smoker:

solarz

You Bobby...can you tell me what you are feeding your coco girls at, ppm wise that is. I know you are using head's formula, I'm trying to see if i'm at the right amount of ppms. Thanks bro.

solarz

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
My PPMs are about 800-900, which is about what H3ad gets.

I measure in 2 gallon batches. 12-15 ML of micro/ 17-18 ml Bloom/ 1 tsp of PH down.

solarz

See, mine usually comes out to about 570 ppms measuring out in 1 gal batches. I use 1 gal RO water (starts out at 40ppm) and i add ~6mL micro/9mL bloom and usually about .5ml of ph up to get it ~5.9. Im wondering if my combo meter is off??

solarz

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
What does your RO water measure at?

I use tap, that has been through a PUR filter. It is consistently at 7.

The PH up might be the difference...

solarz

the RO reads 40ppms. That is pretty constant. So you think that the ph up is adding ppms into the solution? I'm only using a few drops. I'm just trying to figure it out because if you are mixing your's at 2 gal batches and getting 8-900 ppms, if i mixed mine at 2 gal batches, i'd be getting around 10-1100 ppms.

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
Not exactly.

You will get the same ppms, cause you are using the same ratio.

What is the PH of your RO water?

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
double strawberry diesel looks fantastic bro.
great cam work as always.peace-T-

solarz

The RO ph is 8.8. I just checked it, and i just calibrated my meter 2 days ago, so its fairly accurate.

solarz

I thought that you were supposed to adjust the ph after you mix the nutes? After i mix the nutes, my ph is normally below 5.8, that's why i add the ph up to get it to 5.8. Is this wrong?

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
That is strange. My water is 7, and I add a touch more nutes than H3ad, and a tsp of PH DOWN per 2 gals.

If your PH is around 5.8 with the nutes, I'd leave it. Even if it is 5.6 or 5.7. The COCO acts as a buffer.

solarz

cool, thanks. I'll try that on the feeding here tonight when the lights some on. THanks again for the help.

solarz

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
I see you've got some Mirre going... I'm about to pull the trigger on a pack, so if you have any shots to sell me, please share. If not, I have my eyes on that one for sure. I'm sure you'll make it look amazing... :joint:

-s

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
I have a Mirre, that is about 2 weeks into flower, so nothing to see yet.

Also got some Karma Jack going.

I'll be sure to get some pics of the Mirre up next update.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
bobby, nice thread.

when you make your oil do you use iso or butane?

if your using iso, how long are you soaking the material in the iso. Only reason I bring it up is your end product looks rather dark.

Just for kicks the next time you make oil soak the material for like 30 seconds top. instead of being black it will be an amber color, because after like 30 seconds your just pull other shit out of the plant matter that lowers the overall potency of the oil.

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
It doesn't even stay on the plant material for 30 seconds.

I use SLX Denatured alcohol, and buy it by the gallon at the Depot. I then use a 3 gallon flower pot, stuck inside a 5 gallon bucket. Coffee filters in the flower pot. Then I wash the matter once. I then reuse the wash on each subsequent load.

To get ultra pure, I use butane.

However, with the amount of weed I smoke, I don't really smoke any oil. Irritates my lungs, and then I can't smoke as much grass...

Latest posts

Latest posts