What's new

Biobizz Light mix + Plagron Bat mix for Ethiopian

Mateiro

Hello everyone guys! Can you tell me which commercial potting soil mix from growshop is most suitable for the growth of the Ethiopia strain? I have access to all popular soil lines. These are Biobizz, Atami, Plagron..etc.

Will Biobizz Light mix be too hot for young seedlings? Next, I plan to transplant the strengthened plants into Plagron Batmix. Will the Plagron Batmix be too hot at 4-5 weeks of growth?

If you think that Biobizz Light mix is too hot for seedlings, then can I drain it with a lot of water to wash the accumulated salts?
Maybe wash the batmix and germinate seedlings right into it?

Koondense

Veteran
Works good for most sativas.
Depends on your grow style and space available, but using just the light mix you will need to add more nutrients after a month, with a mixed soil you have a more balanced availability of food for your plants.
Your Ethiopians are regular seeds so until you find out the females and transplant them your light mix will be ok, later when in flowering they will need more food. It's best to follow the development of the plants and see when they will show signs of hunger.

Cheers

Mateiro

Works good for most sativas.
Depends on your grow style and space available, but using just the light mix you will need to add more nutrients after a month, with a mixed soil you have a more balanced availability of food for your plants.
Your Ethiopians are regular seeds so until you find out the females and transplant them your light mix will be ok, later when in flowering they will need more food. It's best to follow the development of the plants and see when they will show signs of hunger.

Cheers
Did you grow Ethiopian?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Mateiro sorry, i somehow overlooked your thread.

I do not use branded soil for almost 20 years, i prefer to prepare it myself and adjust every soil mix with different blends of high quality peat, coco, worm casting and guano, depending on the requirements of the strain, parent plant and stage of the grow.

As far as i have seen from other growers experiences here in the forums, Bio Bizz light mix works very well during growth stage for pure sativa strains (Ethiopian included) that prefer softer feeding. If you also like to feed with bottled fertilizers during flowering, then Bio Bizz light will still be a good choice for that stage, or use a more enriched soil for flowering and feed lesser by hand.

Please, keep us updated on your Ethiopian grow.

Mateiro

I do not use branded soil for almost 20 years, i prefer to prepare it myself and adjust every soil mix with different blends of high quality peat, coco, worm casting and guano, depending on the requirements of the strain, parent plant and stage of the grow.

As far as i have seen from other growers experiences here in the forums, Bio Bizz light mix works very well during growth stage for pure sativa strains (Ethiopian included) that prefer softer feeding. If you also like to feed with bottled fertilizers during flowering, then Bio Bizz light will still be a good choice for that stage, or use a more enriched soil for flowering and feed lesser by hand.

thank you!

Mateiro

Hello Dubi! Can you tell me, how can I check up the quality of my peat? I checked runoff and it is super clean (45 ppm from 0.5 L pot). I am saturate the media first, then give it to get some runoff. Also Ph is around 6. Can I trust to high quality PPM meter when I mix it with EWC? My EWC seems too hot. I get 4000 ppm from 0.5 L pot. Mixing 10% with peat burned my seedlings. First true leaves are yellow/white and they die after develop 3 nodes... I see somewhere some growers washed EWC and peat from salt excess. Also they recommend to warming up the mix before use.

Mateiro

Latest posts

Latest posts