What's new

Are there any reputable clone vendors in USA??????????

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
As a grower and connoisseur, I totally agree. I just meant it creates a challenge and adds cost when you are trying to keep a large selection of mother stock while also keeping it pathogen free. It’s very time consuming and costly.
Not only that. But the selection process isn't cheap or always successful. People that want a pre selected plant that performs well and grows amazing quality do not realize how many mediocre or low quality plants must be grown, dried cured and smoked all while keeping backup clone alive. My whole clone tent is filled with plants I will likely kill 90% of after flowering their correlating plant for 9 to 14 weeks.

Gone Camping

^^^ I agree.

Xtsho, if the point you're trying to make is that you don't need to spend a lot of money to get a really nice keeper, you won't find anyone on this thread that disagrees with you.

The clone game isn't about, "I want a fire plant".

It's about, " I want THAT fire plant".

Bingo..

As a newb i read the Chemdog 101 thread here, and how the 91 came to be. The story amazed me, i grew some similar weed. By chance (thats what i tell the wife) i happened to be vacationing near SkunkVA's establishment, i stopped in and scored 91 flower from him directly. I had to have it..

6 months later i stumbled onto FJ, he held it, tested and 50% off during his holiday sale. I had to have it..

That's been my only clone purchase to date, and i consider it cheap to aquire my holy grail. I wont hesitate to purchase from FJ again in the future.

@Loc Dog we spoke via pm before, you dont like growing from beans. I get that, having cuts in our senior years is desirable and comforting.. ya know what you'll end up with. I remember you saying you dont have much luck with beans. I'll offer you some Chem 91 s1 and Cap Junky s1 beans again if you want to attempt them. Wouldnt be much work at all to find your keepers..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Loc Dog, find a mentor who can get you started with a few good runs from seed. After you get that down I'm sure you also will like growing from seed. There is no better feeling than popping, growing, and finding killer plants. With so many choices of seeds that's not hard to do.

Finding something next level in a short time requires the space to grow numbers. These from a clone vendor will not be cheap. Frankly anyone can do this even with small number lots at a time. I do 6 plants at a time from everything I make. This never stops.

Last edited:

xtsho

I’m curious, how many mother plants are you currently holding ?

None right now. What does that have to do with anything?

I do have a couple male plants I've revegged so I can pollinate some other strains and make some more crosses.

I used to get a couple mothers going around this time so I could make clones to give to friends for their outdoor summer grows but I've made a ton of feminized seeds recently so I don't need mothers. I'll just plant seeds.

I used to keep 4-5 mothers going at all times when I had a 4 tray flood and drain grow going but that was years ago. Used to make clones all the time. Easy peasy. I still have the DIY aerocloner I made before I just started cloning in coco and stopped doing hydro.

Making clones is easy. If I was in the business they'd go for $10 each plus shipping and handling. 4 of these cloners would produce 96 every 2 weeks. About 2k a month for an hour or two of my time. I wouldn't use an aerocloner if I was selling clones. I'd root then in small nursery starter pots of coco that would fit in small boxes making them easy to ship.

I've thought about selling clones and seeds but right now I have other more lucrative income sources I'm involved with. Maybe in a few years as I wind down my workload I'll do something as easy as producing clones to sell. It would just be a part time hobby at a small scale as I have no interest in owning and operating a nursery of any kind at this stage of my life. But I have entertained thoughts of getting a few acres of land to grow specialized crops. But commercial cannabis cultivation is far down the list of crops I'd want to grow. It's a shitty industry.

aeroclone.jpg

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

I do have a couple male plants I've revegged so I can pollinate some other strains and make some more crosses.

I used to get a couple mothers going around this time so I could make clones to give to friends for their outdoor summer grows but I've made a ton of feminized seeds recently so I don't need mothers. I'll just plant seeds.

I used to keep 4-5 mothers going at all times when I had a 4 tray flood and drain grow going but that was years ago. Used to make clones all the time. Easy peasy. I still have the DIY aerocloner I made before I just started cloning in coco and stopped doing hydro.

Making clones is easy. If I was in the business they'd go for $10 each plus shipping and handling. 4 of these cloners would produce 96 every 2 weeks. About 2k a month for an hour or two of my time. I wouldn't use an aerocloner if I was selling clones. I'd root then in small nursery starter pots of coco that would fit in small boxes making them easy to ship.

I've thought about selling clones and seeds but right now I have other more lucrative income sources I'm involved with. Maybe in a few years as I wind down my workload I'll do something as easy as producing clones to sell. It would just be a part time hobby at a small scale as I have no interest in owning and operating a nursery of any kind at this stage of my life. But I have entertained thoughts of getting a few acres of land to grow specialized crops. But commercial cannabis cultivation is far down the list of crops I'd want to grow. It's a shitty industry.

View attachment 18953081
If you were in the clone business where would you aquire the genetics. Would you keep just a few strains or constantly add new varieties? Would you pheno hunt yourself or purchase them from somewhere?

eastcoastjoe

It means everything. It just proves you are speaking from theory , not from experience. You keep 4-5 plants and think that makes you a expert on this ? Try maintaining 50 all while taking a few hundred clones every week. You have no idea about costs. You just have ideas.

And btw…. That aerocloner you speak of, it just proves you have no clue what you are talking about. Guess what happens if one of those clones you had to source turned out to carry a pathogen ? It means game over. That’s why lots of testing needs to be done. And that testing for a library of 50 , is very expensive

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Supplying clones as a business is not the same as a few clones to keep. Keeping moms they need a room all for them. Hunting new moms needs another room, Veg needs another room. Seedlings/saplings need another.. Bringing in clones from other sources. Apples and oranges when a buisness is the goal. .,

eastcoastjoe

View attachment 18953081

And your math doesn’t add up. You really think your going to sell every clone you produce from your 5 plant grow ? You have no idea about this market.

xtsho

And your math doesn’t add up. You really think your going to sell every clone you produce from your 5 plant grow ? You have no idea about this market.

I don't think I'm going to do anything. And I don't care about some ridiculous market that you seem to think is just Greeeaaaat!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the point you're trying to make?

I initially said that it doesn't cost more to produce clones of cannabis than other plants. It doesn't. That's a fact. It doesn't cost more to run a cannabis nursery than any other nursery and it doesn't cost more to clone cannabis than hundreds if not thousands of other plants. That was the initial point I was making.

You have since, after realizing that you were wrong done nothing but try to discredit me in some way.

I don't have a bunch of mother plants.
I don't work in the industry.
I don't do this or that , blah blah blah.

You have done nothing to provide any evidence that what I have stated about the costs for running a cannabis based nursery vs any other commercial nursery is false.

You don't have an answer or an argument. Now go run along. Leave me alone. And think about practicing your critical thinking skills while smoking a bowl.

Discorilla

Bingo..

As a newb i read the Chemdog 101 thread here, and how the 91 came to be. The story amazed me, i grew some similar weed. By chance (thats what i tell the wife) i happened to be vacationing near SkunkVA's establishment, i stopped in and scored 91 flower from him directly. I had to have it..

6 months later i stumbled onto FJ, he held it, tested and 50% off during his holiday sale. I had to have it..

That's been my only clone purchase to date, and i consider it cheap to aquire my holy grail. I wont hesitate to purchase from FJ again in the future.
Farmerjoe is awesome! Got my Triangle Kush and Headband from him!

Deleted User 0283844

View attachment 18953081
Respectfully, you lost me at aero cloner in your previous post,and upon seeing it, im convinced cloning is a subject you could brush up on.

96 clones will take more time from you to care for them then 2 hrs btw lol 😆 😂 🤣

Next you'll tell me you read 3 a light and you swaz your plants 🪴 🤣😂😆

If it doesn't your skill level Must be impressive .

That's a cesspool of bad juju right there. I see why your clones are worth 20$...

Now those 20$ clones your gonna sell? Shipping them? Do you throw them? Or use usps? Overnight? Clone shipper with a light? Light proof bag? How will you keep alive sending in winter? Did you use correct ipm as to not interfere with your clients ipm?
What's your time valued if the blue knock on your door for confiscated pack?
Are your light and water bills free?
Nutrients?
Cleaning with bleach?
I could keep going but I'm sure your not going to read it.

Also you didn't factor in time of yours.
Seem pretty smart so I would think your time has to have value to yourself.

Idk it's kinada moot point if not willing to listen to others(all saying the same statement ish) 🤔

Any who...think there's enough folks saying same thing I woulda said so... no need to be repeating...

Have a good one...and for clean clones sakes toss that aerocloner ...lol you'll thank yourself for that when your clones are healthier.

eastcoastjoe

I initially said that it doesn't cost more to produce clones of cannabis than other plants. It doesn't. That's a fact. It doesn't cost more to run a cannabis nursery than any other nursery and it doesn't cost more to clone cannabis than hundreds if not thousands of other plants. That was the initial point I was making.

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. Those Home Depot houseplants you speak of. You ever notice how much lighting they use to keep them going ? NONE

You ever consider how slow they grow and how long they can sit on a shelf in a tiny pot before they start to become unhealthy ? MONTHS

Can you do that with cannabis ? Hell no you can’t.

Consider those 2 things alone and you can conclude that nutrient requirements are next to nothing. Lighting requirements aren’t even comparable between the two. Also, let’s consider the mother stock these plants were propagated from. You think they are cultivated the same way ? Why don’t you go buy a aloe plant or one of those other plants you mentioned and stick it under a 1000w light. Within a few days that aloes leaves will turn purple from stress. They need way less light. Which equals way less electricity, nutrients, media and everything else because they grow slower than cannabis. All equals less cost.

Now let’s talk cannabis. Growing 50 mothers taking 6-12 clones per plant per week. How much lighting do you need ? How much root space which equals more media ? Nutrients? Do you think you can just grow plants in 1 gallon pots for months and take clones relentlessly ? No, you need to keep up potting to keep plants vigorous. That all equals what ? MORE TIME, SPACE,MONEY,NUTRIENTS, ELECTRIC. And all that increases what captain obvious? COST AND TIME.

That’s not even everything. What about testing ? You planning to do that ? Did it see you mention testing. How much is that going to run you ?

It’s not even comparable dude and it’s obvious why you can’t understand this. It’s because you have never done it.

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
Lets start with some truths, I am not an expert in cloning, growing or business acumen.

I have been on this site since 2005 and ever since the legalization of cannabis discussion was started people on this site were saying, " There will always be a market for AAA flower" ---Wow!! was that overstated.

Legalization has driven the market price of cannabis so low most cant sell it anymore. Just ask around IC mag and you will see most, not all, but most cant compete. The average consumer could care less about quality.
I have a hard time believing that the price of clones, and yes even the special phenos, will not all be close or under $10/ea. very soon. If it goes federally legal, then for sure.

Arguing about the cost it takes to hold mothers and produce clones is so 1970 its crazy. I feel like I am in a time machine. Supply and demand will drive the cost. You think anybody but us hobbyist gives a shit about quality products wether its flower or clones?( Not that it matters but I prefer the 1970's)

Dude, go to your local dispensary and see what is most commonly bought. If you live in the US you live in the Walmart culture. Cost drives everything and therefore it will do the same to clone prices.

This will be the interaction of the average guy buying clones.

Consumer:Which one is the cheapest? Merchant: "But sir dont your care about testing and condition and pheno. choice?"

Consumer: Does that cost more? Merchant:"Of course sir, I have electricity bills, testing bills, nutrient bills." Consumer: Shut up and give me the $10 clone.

So good luck selling your $2K clones to a hobbyist. This market will be as small as my grow room.

Last edited:

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lets start with some truths, I am not an expert in cloning, growing or business acumen.

I have been on this site since 2005 and ever since the legalization of cannabis discussion was started people on this site were saying, " There will always be a market for AAA flower" ---Wow!! was that overstated.

Legalization has driven the market price of cannabis so low most cant sell it anymore. Just ask around IC mag and you will see most, not all, but most cant compete. The average consumer could care less of the quality.
I have a hard time believing that the price of clones, and yes even the special phenos, will not all be close or under $10/ea. very soon. If it goes federally legal, then for sure.

Arguing about the cost it takes to hold mothers and produce clones is so 1970 its crazy. I feel like I am in a time machine. Supply and demand will drive the cost. You think anybody but us hobbyist gives a shit about quality products wether its flower or clones?( Not that it matters but I prefer the 1970's)

Dude, go to your local dispensary and see what is most commonly bought. If you live in the US you live in the Walmart culture. Cost drives everything and therefore it will do the same to clone prices.

This will be the interaction of the average guy buying clones.

Consumer:Which one is the cheapest? Merchant: "But sir dont your care about testing and condition and pheno. choice?"

Consumer: Does that cost more? Merchant:"Of course sir, I have electricity bills, testing bills, nutrient bills." Consumer: Shut up and give me the $10 clone.

So good luck selling your $2K clones to a hobbyist. This market will be as small as my grow room.
It's clear you guys a out of touch. Most clones aren't selling for 2k.

hamstring

Veteran
It's clear you guys a out of touch. Most clones aren't selling for 2k.
I apologize for using a bit of hyperbole in my post. I have no problem editing my price to what ever you think todays market price is?

To be fair to both of us I was stating my thoughts on cost of elite phenos over the years.

Strainly would be a good place to start and i think $500.00 would be a good starting point. If this does not seem correct to you please fell free to quote a site you think better represents the prices of elite clone strains.

Last edited:

eastcoastjoe

I apologize for using a bit of hyperbole in my post. I have no problem editing my price to what ever you think todays market price is?

To be fair to both of us I was stating my thoughts on cost of elite phenos over the years.

Strainly would be a good place to start and i think $500.00 would be a good starting point. If this does not seem correct to you please fell free to quote a site you think better represents the prices of elite clone strains.

Strainly is a dumb place to start. That place is full of hacks and grifters