What's new

Air cooled reflector testing with Digital footcandle meter

scoobysnaqs

great to see this...i bought two super sun 2 hoods thinkin they were one of the better hoods but now after this thread u showed me i made the right buy...for once.

great info ya posted props

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes i would also like to know what kind of a batwing and maybe more details

i used my light meter outside to day in the spring sun

it read just above 100 000 lux and 960 x 10 foot candles

Vegan

Pico thanx for taking the time to these test and darth also..Yes I read the WHOLE thing and bought the SS2 ..i am quite happy with the hinges also!!

Vegan

bniller

Nice job Pico and Darth. I just got done sifting through the 30+ pages but was wondering if anyone has put all of this data into a spreadsheet? I found one person on page 20something who had it on excel but the download link was broken.

During the tests from Darth. The corners are #1,5,21,25. How was the reflector orientated? Can I assume it was the same as pico?
12245IMG_0896.JPG

I think I just answered my own question
122457022pico_004.jpg

7022pico_003.jpg

It just seems strange that the 2 darkest points are #1 and #5 and on the mirror side its considerably brighter. Maybe the other side just has more reflective material outside the 4x4 box. (looks like it does)

Very well done. This is the best testing I have found anywhere on reflectors. If anyone already put together a spreadsheet, please share.

C

cracker420

pico, thank you for taking the time to do all this testing. it has been very helpful.

Every single air cooled hood in existence has air leak issues.
The ss2 are a little better than most in that regard.
thanks bro.the test says coolsun is better than super sun 2 in point of air leaks.
of course , regarding light spreading , super sun is the best.
i cant decide which one should i buy, coolsun or super sun ?
i have a cooltube but it is a crap !

cao

^ You cannot adjust the light spread but you can fix the air leaks..
Get the SS2 and get some 3M aluminum foil tape. Tape all your air leaks. Problem solved.

D

dongle69

SS2 is among the best sealing hoods...
I double up on the gasket material so I don't have to use tape to seal that part.