What's new

African Hybrid Grow

Lolo94

Cut the plants a couple days ago. Flowering at 11 hours was about 10.5 weeks from the time pistills were first visible. Overall I am satisfied with the Swazi x African 75 strain. The first sample (small tester bud taken a week or so ago) had a tasty, energetic high. I would consider it medium potency but good quality. A several month cure will likely increase the potency, so it's difficult to judge the true effects until then. I was happy, however, that it wasn't dopy and had no lethargic comedown. This strain was also an experiment to see if any of the plants would herm. The pollen donor was a Swazi that was reversed accidentally by abruptly increasing the light cycle from 11 hours to 14 hours and giving a big boost of nitrogen. When I say accidental, my plan was originally to reproduce the Swazi alone, but after many trials, I kept on getting only females indoors. Only one Swazi showed male parts, several weeks after the light switch to veg. Once it was reflowered though it reverted back to female only. The original cross (after the failed pure Swazi breeding) was supposed to African 75 male x Swazi female, but I ended up using the Swazi pollen donor on a hunch that it wasn't a true hermi (only artificially induced). Hunch proved correct and there was no sign of hermies.

Overall, I was also impressed enough with Coastal's Malawi x Burmese to create F2s. It wasn't the jolting high energy, almost tachycardic high I prefer, but it was still enjoyably stimulating and reflective. Between ease of growing, production per size and quality of high, I would give it a B+. I'm creating creating F2s of the cross and will select for the taller and more sativa expressing plants in the future.

Thanks for following along.

Attachments

• Swaz x African 75.JPG
    Swaz x African 75.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 8
  • Pollen Shower.JPG
    Pollen Shower.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 8
  • Malawi x Burmese.JPG
    Malawi x Burmese.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 8