What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Maybe look into a geothermal cooling system. You could stop wasting water to cool your place. Maybe then a few more gallons of water will stay in that "currently" joke of a river that is drying up.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm pretty sure i know the pumps you're talking about but they look like a dealer only item,i couldn't see a way to order one online...

i dunno,i am going through like 300 bucks in pumps each half the frickin year the coolers are running
I’m assuming that mineral build up is your issue. Citric acid is what we use in ice machines and huge cooling towers like you see on hospitals and big buildings.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe look into a geothermal cooling system. You could stop wasting water to cool your place. Maybe then a few more gallons of water will stay in that "currently" joke of a river that is drying up.
For around 100k unc could have a conventional hvac system is what you’re saying.
The thing people that don’t know about hvac are missing is there are different types of geothermal. The most common is the 1 you see in residential that is still using Freon and compressors. What makes it more efficient (not to be confused with economical) it uses a lot of water and a pump to cool the condenser part where a regular system uses a fan and ambient air. Since the water is typically in the low 50’s it can remove the heat more efficiently than a fan with fluctuating temperature.
While geothermal may be more green it is not more economical. The initial cost is 4 or 5 times the price of a conventional system and when it breaks (since it’s not a common) you have to shop around for a reliable company to work on it. Not every hvac tech knows how to work on em.

TheMan13

Veteran
@Smokin Joe We learned that concept the hard way when we invested in a 98.5% upgrade of our natural gas furnace. Worse yet, my grows in the basement took quite a hit for unknown reasons for years. When I checked my CO2 level it was under environmental at 500ppm. Prior to changing out the furnace I was above environmental at 1000ppm. When I get around to putting my flower room back together CO2 is going to be a must.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Smokin Joe We learned that concept the hard way when we invested in a 98.5% upgrade of our natural gas furnace. Worse yet, my grows in the basement took quite a hit for unknown reasons for years. When I checked my CO2 level it was under environmental at 500ppm. Prior to changing out the furnace I was above environmental at 1000ppm. When I get around to putting my flower room back together CO2 is going to be a must.
Just grow some mushrooms in the corner lol

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Just grow some mushrooms in the corner lol
I was just blowing 10 degree air in my grow. All the CO2 I needed. free cooling and no pumps. I did shear off some fan blades from ice build up though breaking free.

I also had a motor break free. WOW what a racket that was for a minute or two till the wires snapped off.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here’s 1 for ya. Ever hear the phase sick home? People are so concerned with efficiency that they are ignoring the facts. Building codes are even reflecting the ignorance. Seal a house airtight with spray foam and gaskets in everything. Now unless you install a separate system called an erv to bring in outside conditioned air to mix with your conditioned air any colds , viruses, fungus or any other respiratory issues will be trapped in your house. On top of that unless you’re builder and hvac guy really know their shit you will never be happy with your sealed house when the issues start showing up

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Is yours non submersible?

Never mind, I looked and for residential size units there’s only a handful of choices but there is a metal version with a self cleaning timer for a few bux more and a 2 year warranty
Or you could use some ice machine descaling solution a couple of times a year and keep it sparkly clean and pumping strong for years

Or keep doing what you’re doing. Not like it’s breaking the bank or anything
I wonder if I could save these sump pumps that stopped sensing.
I get about two years out of them and they quit on me. 🤔

07675032-2CDD-47B2-A7CF-7FCD7DCDACC6.jpeg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...i did manage to get everything done in the garden yesterday...and my knee isn't hurting this morning...so just trimming again today...after the usual store run...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here’s 1 for ya. Ever hear the phase sick home? People are so concerned with efficiency that they are ignoring the facts. Building codes are even reflecting the ignorance. Seal a house airtight with spray foam and gaskets in everything. Now unless you install a separate system called an erv to bring in outside conditioned air to mix with your conditioned air any colds , viruses, fungus or any other respiratory issues will be trapped in your house. On top of that unless you’re builder and hvac guy really know their shit you will never be happy with your sealed house when the issues start showing up
i heard some juicy stuff about the crappy mids factory i was working at...so they spray foamed over the 40 years of chicken shit dust but didn't do anything to the crumbling concrete floor under where the cages were...and weirdly when the drain to waste system started dumping loads of acidic water the rooms smell like chicken shit and they're having so much trouble with mold they bought some kind of mold baking machine so their crappy low testing terpless weed would pass testing...and since they can't sell it they've been destroying it and taking it as a tax loss...15 million dollars they spent...what a boondoggle

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a literary deficit at the moment & need new science fiction‘ish reads immediately ? ….only the best of the best will do… really liked Dan Simmons. I may go with him again.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
alastair reynolds...revelation space trilogy or the glitter band books
kim stanley robinson...mars trilogy
frank herbert...the dune books