What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SweetHeart (2x105W+15W CFL PostOffice exclusive box)

Greetings everyone! :rasta:
First of all I'd like to say that I'm from russia and english is not my mothertongue so my posts may contain grammar errors and things like that, so please do not be too harsh.

I bought this box at the post office when I was receiving seeds. It costed only 45rubbles wich is about 1,5$ and all other parts (like foil, etc.) costed me very little money so it is really 'economy class'. Anyway here are my box's specs:
Size (H-W-D): 70x27x40cm wich is 28x11x16 inches
Light (CFL): two 105W yellow spectrum (2700K) and one 15W blue spectrum (6700K)
Ventilation: 2 computer coolers 80mm(in) and 92mm(out) each runs on 12V adapter.
Pot: 8L (2,10gal)
Inside cover: alluminium foil

Photo: (Size | Light)

Photo: (Ventilation | In work)

Here are some more photos:
From the back
Front (door closed)
Front (door open)

Now the time came to speak about the plant itself. Its SweetHeart (Lowryder x Lavender x Lowryder #2). It was planted on January 27 and showed sex (ALLILUYA IT'S A GIRL! :jump: ) on February 12, so it took only 16 days to start flowering.

Photo: (4 day | 18 days)

Photo: (19 days | 20 days[today] )

Tending and conditions: Soil - Terra-Vita ph 6,5 + vermiculite 1L (0,26gal). I water my sweetheart everyday in the morning (~400ml). The temperature is 25-27*C (77-80*F) in the daytime and 20-22*C (68-72*F) at night.
The lightcycle is 18/6.
floraserias_1L.gif

I use FloraSeries fertilizers, as they proved to be great in my previous growings. By now I only watered it once with FloraMIcro (NPK 4-0-2) 1ml on 1 litre of water, I plan to use all of them as the plant grows.
So here it is :) I've never grown sweetheart before, so I'm looking for some nice buds in a few weeks :rasta:
PEACE EVERYONE! :smoweed:

Last edited:
E

Empathy

Awsome little clean setup you got there! Your plant looks super healthy! Love the cardboard box :). Ill be watching your thread closely. Hope to see some more updates soon!!!! Havnt even heard of that strain before! Hope it grows nicely for you.

Emps

Last edited:
Empathy said:
Awsome little clean setup you got there! Your plant looks super healthy! Love the cardboard box :). Ill be watching your thread closely. Hope to see some more updates soon!!!! Havnt even heard of that strain before! Hope it grows nicely for you.

Emps
Thanks man! I'm glad you like my box!
Speaking about the strain - it became pretty popular amoung russian lowryder growers nowadays and, as they say has a better taste and effect, and sometimes might turn violet (like lavender) on the late weeks of flowering.
Here are some pictures of how I fixed the lamps, in case someone is interestred (they are described in russian, though very self-explanatory):
gallery_145_21_10820.jpg
gallery_145_21_24282.jpg

And some today's fotos :canabis: :
Foto: ("Its' a girl))" | 22 days[today])

~Cheers! :rasta:

ripOG

Great grow Herman. Your little girl looks very healthy indeed! Any reason why you went with the box as opposed to something a little larger or permanent (wood)? Are your intentions to keep it stealth or just to keep them small? I only ask because with one girl you could certainly benefit from more space, as long as you don't have to keep her hidden :wink:

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
When I was a schoolboy, they tried to teach us that you guys were the enemy. Now, we're hanging out, swapping stories about growing weed. I love this place.

Welcome aboard :wave:

E

Empathy

herman - sounds like a nice strain. Ive always been intrested in the lowryder by DJ ever since it came out and all the work mdanzig did crossing it with other strains on overgrow aswell. I admire the auto flowering genetic but have realise it is only really useful for small stealth growers imo. I hope sweetheart shows some Lavender traits for you.

Emps

ripOG said:
Great grow Herman. Your little girl looks very healthy indeed! Any reason why you went with the box as opposed to something a little larger or permanent (wood)? Are your intentions to keep it stealth or just to keep them small? I only ask because with one girl you could certainly benefit from more space, as long as you don't have to keep her hidden :wink:
Thanks man! I actually have a large box (70x70x190cm = 2.3x2.3x6.2feet) with HPS 400W, but I have no access to it currently, so I had to go micro :p Just got used to be always growing weed for myself, can't imagine going to the street to buy some.
And I'm not aiming for something super-big just hope to see some nice buds :rasta:

FreezerBoy said:
When I was a schoolboy, they tried to teach us that you guys were the enemy. Now, we're hanging out, swapping stories about growing weed. I love this place.

Welcome aboard :wave:
Thanks!)))
They've been doing the same thing with us.
I think that no history struggles can break the international ganja spirit, it unites people from different countries into one smoking nation and IC is a great place to meet this people!
:smoweed:

Empathy said:
herman - sounds like a nice strain. Ive always been intrested in the lowryder by DJ ever since it came out and all the work mdanzig did crossing it with other strains on overgrow aswell. I admire the auto flowering genetic but have realise it is only really useful for small stealth growers imo. I hope sweetheart shows some Lavender traits for you.

Emps
Well I share your point of view that AF is good for micro only, but here in russia it also does great outdoors, cause we have a very long light day here (about 18hours) wich doesn't shorten till autumn and the colds starts very early in the beginning of september usually (in the place where I live - its SaintPetersburg), so its hard to get your harvest in time sometimes, but with strains like LR you can make 2 harvests in one summer!
Conclusion: autoflowering is only good for microgrowing and outdoors, any other strains usually will have better results in same conditions - that is what I think. :redface:

OK now its time for some news!
Today (19 february 2008) its 24 days of growth! (8 of them - flowering)
Yesterday I started LSTing using 'rubberbands+paperclips' method.
First I was not 100% sure if its good to do it this early, but now I realise that I was wrong cause the plant started growing much faster :jump:
Here are the things I use:
lstsettk9.jpg

And here are some todays photos (my lst set in action):

Today I counted at least 8 bud-points, hope that their amount will grow by time.
Well I guess that's all for today, good luck everyone! Hope to see some comments from you!
~Cheers! :friends:

Last edited:
D

Davyd05

Can you give me some details on the light bulbs. :D I'm thinking of buying 2 x 125 watt bulbs.. but those bulbs there look good 105 watt thinking maybe a bit smaller and so on..

Did you find these somewhere near you or order of ebay ill be growing in similar conditions so its nice to see what my results will be like a bit ahead of time

Fuck yes on the LST method!! A larger version of this could be used by me in my work if I went with single pots instead of a SCROG. And big ups on the clean setup. I'll be watching this thread. I also want to see what EU growers are churning up. :D

Davyd05 said:
Can you give me some details on the light bulbs. :D I'm thinking of buying 2 x 125 watt bulbs.. but those bulbs there look good 105 watt thinking maybe a bit smaller and so on..

Did you find these somewhere near you or order of ebay ill be growing in similar conditions so its nice to see what my results will be like a bit ahead of time

These lamps are made by Wolta (Germany). They are - 30cm(1 foot) long, 8cm(0.26feet) in diameter for the whole lamp and 20cm(0.65feet)x6cm(0.2feet) for the bulb itself. I bought them at the local supermarket, but I bet they can be found somewhere like 1000bulbs.com or such online bulb-strore (lol I just read it and it sounded like "boob-store" :D )

BigBlack81 said:
Fuck yes on the LST method!! A larger version of this could be used by me in my work if I went with single pots instead of a SCROG. And big ups on the clean setup. I'll be watching this thread. I also want to see what EU growers are churning up. :D
Thanks for a great reply! :smile: Glad you like my LST.
By the way aren't like half of threads here lead by EU growers?! (You mean Europian Union, right? :chin: )
Thanks again everybody! Smoke weed!
~Cheers! :rasta:

Last edited:
D

Davyd05

I wish they would stock those at freaking home improvements stores im really not feeling like ordering online this time but if it comes down to it :D thanks for the info vary helpful

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
hermanshooltz said:
First I was not 100% sure if its good to do it this early, but now I realise that I was wrong cause the plant started growing much faster
The main shoot sends a signal to the rest of the plant that says, "Get behind me and stay there." Top the plant and the two shoots at top take off and send the same message. Bend the plant over and ... something ... happens to the signal. It gets lost or ignored and every shoot insists on being the boss and grows at will. :jump:

FreezerBoy said:
The main shoot sends a signal to the rest of the plant that says, "Get behind me and stay there." Top the plant and the two shoots at top take off and send the same message. Bend the plant over and ... something ... happens to the signal. It gets lost or ignored and every shoot insists on being the boss and grows at will. :jump:
Yep they kinda say: "WTF? I want to be a nice bud too!" And just start doing their best to become one. Its awesome to see them all getting more and more fat as days pass. :D

OK now we're ready for an update!
Today (22 february 2008) its 27 days of growth (11 of them - flowering) and I think we're somewhere near the middle of the whole cycle))
LST is starting to show first results, and I love them! The buds are growing very fast indeed, I find new ones everyday (there're about 12 of them now) and try to provide as much light as I can to them.
OK the photos are much more expressive then my words, here they are:

As you can see LST really rules :D all this would not be possible unless I used it.
Thanks again everyone who waches my grow! Peace! :rasta:

Last edited:
K

kidkannabis

Very nice bushy babe u got there...MJ luvs LST.. its weighlifting for them..keep it up

Thanks everyone for great replies! Your feedback makes me happy))

Todays news!
Today is the 28th of february 2008. It is 33 days of growth (17 of them - flowering)
I guess we got over the middle of the whole growcycle)))
Yesterday I watered my sweetheart with FloraSeries using this formula:
0.5ml Grow 1ml Micro и 1.5ml Bloom on two litres of water.

Here are today's photos:

As you can see the buds are growing very fast now! :canabis:
Thanks again everyone who waches my grow!
:smoweed:

Last edited:
Hiya falks! :D

It’s the 5th of march today and my baby is going on pretty good!
I even gave it a name - SweetLana (there's a russian female name Svetlana)
She's 39 days old today (25 of them flowering) and the buds are growing pretty fast, however I expect a big bud growth-boost owing to the new moon, wich will be between 7th and 8th of march - the international women day)))
The top leaves are turning violet! Just like Lavender)))

Here are today's photos:

By the way there's another big news in russia! We are having a new president! We had an official elections on 2nd of march and there will be no Putin anymore, the new president of ruissia is Dmitry Medvedev. Still no moves for legalisation though :joint:

Peace everyone! Smoke weed and be happy! :rasta:

K

kidkannabis

Nice job Herman.. shes lookin sweet... Whats her smell like?? Congrats on your new president, we have about 8 months left for election day for us.. keep us updated

^ Hey thanks!) She smells like vanilla+lemon if you're close to it and if you are just near the box the odor somehow reminds of tomatoes a bit :D