What's new

Outdoor Auto Afghani part 2 and 3

Reibsi

Seeing how part 1 is locked away over at AN we`ll pick up the grow here at the IC forums with parts 2 and 3.
For anyone not familiar with this strain i`ll give you a little info on it......Its origins are abit of a mystery but its a Auto flowering Afi that will flower under anything less then 22-24 hrs of light.
it can be kept under 22 hrs of light but it will start to hair up and elongate so i keep the mothers/clones under 24 hrs of constant light.....this creates abit of a root problem because their is no krebs cycle to help speed up root growth so i use pirranha, tarantula and voodoo juice to give me a quick.....healthy root system.
I only veg for 4 weeks so i need a big root structure before they go outside.
The plants are grown in holes and in pots. I use pro-mix bx, hp, sunshine mix #4 and #7.........It all depends on the site.
If it`s an extra dry area i`ll use the #7 with polymers to help retain moisture....if it`s to wet i`ll use the hp or sunshine #4....which are almost identical but the #4 has even more perlite.
I`ve already harvested the first group and didn`t loose a single plant to Leo or thief's so i`m quite pleased so far.
Here's a picture of one of the harvested sites.............this one was grown organically and was harvested roughly 60 days from first planting it......the pics show the empty holes in the spring.......and then the plants at about day 25 and again on day 50.
I`ve got a ton of pics to show you guys but i`ll close for now..........thanks for the invite from the babbas.......and peace to everyone. :wave:

lemonade

Veteran
Reibsi representin' as usual. :rasta:

We wouldn't expect it any other way!

Always a pleasure to check out your gardens. Keep up the phenomenal work and stay safe bro! :canabis:

Dank-j

Hell Yeah. I saw your posts over at AN with the Auto Affy - I was always amazed and it inspires me to do great things. I'll stay tuned into this thread that's for sure.

lemonade

Veteran
So Reibsi you're doing 3 runs/year? What produces the best results, summer or fall crops? I imagine the bouquet of afghanis blooming under the august sun is something one never forgets. :yummy:

Reibsi

thanks guys

thanks guys

So Reibis you're doing 3 runs/year? What produces the best results, summer or fall crops? I imagine the bouquet of afghanis blooming under the august sun is something one never forgets.

lemonade.......your assumption is correct...the third and final round will be the best.....the cooler late August nights will help to fatten up the colas and build more resin as the plant nears its end.

A couple more pics from the Organic site.

Last edited:
G

Ribs

Ribs

good to see you bro. Just yesterday I said to myself, " I ain't seen Reibs for a minute, but then again I know he is busy with his projects"

hope all is well my man, spirits high, harvest plentiful.

Glad to see you pop up bro.

be well brother.

c.
bright

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
Love the garden Reibsi, the ladies look so healthy and happy!

Looks like they have some Fat buds too! would love to see some more close ups to come.

i think a Happy harvests is in order for you as well! :joint:

G

Hiya reibsi, I remember your auto Afghan threads well.

I'm very interested in Af genes as i live at 53n in a very wet part of the world so need early harvests. In my experience, AF plants were always inferior smoke to non-Af plants of the same strain, so an Affie that AF2 but is top notch is very interesting.

G

good to see ya back around! thos auto afi's are looking great! are they clone only or available somewhere?

G

awesome plot reibsi! im not going to lie, ive been checking regularly for an outdoor thread from you this year. i wish i knew to look over at AN. are you running any of that auto durban (or was it burmese?) cross again this year?

Last edited:
G

HEy alright!!

Nice little gannies in the double rows,all natural!!
The spot looks great,glad you can harvest early..
Peace!

YaRdApE

Hey Reibsi, so glad to see this go up. Have been wondering how things have been for you. everything looks good on your part. I had planned on trying my first outdoor grow this year but could not...been really busy. I am however getting ready for next year now. looked at some spots yesterday. plan on preping the sites this year. wish i had your 05, 06 seasons to use as a guide. if i was only givin one days notice i would have saved your grow first...peace and good luck with the big fanallie this year.

hamstring

Veteran
rebsi

Glad to see another thread this year. Gota loves those AF Afghani. How come you like some in pots and others in the ground? Why not all of one or the other?

You gota cross those and comes up with some beans.

Reibsi

thanks gang.

thanks gang.

awesome plot ribisi! im not going to lie, Ive been checking regularly for an outdoor thread from you this year. i wish i knew to look over at AN. are you running any of that auto Durban (or was it Burmese?) cross again this year?

High&Lonesome..........I didn`t grow any of the Reibsa`s ( Burmese Skunk x Auto Afi ) this year but a few friends are giving them ago. I did make a few experimental cross`s that are just starting to flower.....One is a Tom Hill Deep Chunk cross and another is a backcross of the Afi.
The tom Hill cross`s can be seen below in the pic with the afis on one side and the cross on the other.

Nice little grannies in the double rows,all natural!!
The spot looks great,glad you can harvest early..

Lougrew!.......It`s a great little strain that goes into flower very quickly and that saves me a couple of months of veg time.....Once they hit the great outdoors you can harvest them 60 days later.....all summer long.

Glad to see another thread this year. Gota loves those AF Afghani. How come you like some in pots and others in the ground? Why not all of one or the other?

Hamstring.......It all depends on the area..........in the pic with the pails in it you can see that the plants are in or on a floating bog.........their is water just under the surface so digging holes is out of the question.
The pots tend to send down a tap root while sitting on the mossy like surface. this will keep them alive if they start to dry out.
Their are a few bonus`s with bog growing.
#1 No humans wandering around because of the wet surface and flies, mosquitoes
#2 Less animals to contend with.....no rabbits and the deer tend to shy away because their long skinny legs will penetrate the surface and sink deep into the moss.
#3 You can dig a hole and place a 55 gallon barrel with perforated holes directly into the bog............this will give you an ample supply of water.

the other pic with the pots in it is on a rocky ledge and you couldn`t penetrate the ground if you tried..........the bonus of growing in the pots are
#1 they get all the nutrients i give them and theirs no run off into the foreign soil.......no ph fluctuation caused by the roots from the surrounding vegetation growing into your holes.
#2 they can be moved if Leos in the area or the`re not getting enough sun.
#3 They can be rinsed or leached much easier at the end of flowering......giving you better burning/tasting buds.
#4 Initial setup and clean up at years end is a breeze......my potted plots contain exactly 40 plants.........the reason for this is that it takes 2 - 3.8 cubic foot bails of Pro mix to fill forty 3 - gallon pots.....i veg my plants in 6 inch square pots that fit perfectly into a bread tray.....2 trays hold 40 afis.

and yes this is a clone only strain......i wish it wasn`t so but it is.

If you look hard enough at the last pic you can see another field of afis just beyond the first one....these are all in the ground and get maximum sun exposure.

thanks again gang for taking the time to drop by my little afi grow. :wave:

Last edited:
G

i love the last pic! it's like doing a bunch of late season plants in the spring. Still get the potency and nice buds, just about 1/10 the threat of leo :)

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
Reibsi- Is that a "True" AF?? It looks like ur putting small clones out? you must be cloning off a mom? do u run your mom at 24? and does this strain just trigger with VERY LITTLE dark period?

Nice plants bro... I loved the threads over at AN.. nice to see em here...

Oh!! I have 5wk buds right now... they ALL have rot in em.. some early sativa.. lost about 3/4 of each of those plants and some Mighty Mite lost about half of it... some stuporsonic... didn't loose too much of it... Then I have some Nigerean Nightmares about 3wks in!! that rain for 9 days straight in July f'd up my early strains!! ugh! How does your AF Affie handle rain? Do u ever make seeds? do you know the lineage of her?

thanks bro!.. i won't put no pix in your threads.. the ones I speak of are in my gallery!

Peace
BB

Last edited: