What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

STEP IN THE ARENA

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aight yall.

New thread.

12 plant multi strain Vertical Scrog

2.8" x 6" room
2 x 400w HPS
Vortex 6" fan
Can 33 Filter
3 gallon pots
Blumat Drippers
Sunleaves Coco
GH Flora Nutes - following "The REZipe"
Hygrozyme
Drip Clean

Shout to the Home De Pot on this one. Couldn't have done it without yall :tiphat:

Here's the room.... Reflectix on the walls. Shower liner on the floor.

picture.php

12 x 3 gallon pots

picture.php

A shitload of 1/2" PVC.
1 Chinese hand saw
1 roll of Plastic Fencing.
100 assorted zip ties.
2 small fans

picture.php

MARLO

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
STRAINLIST

STRAINLIST

I'd love to do a monocrop one day.
I'm rockin the multi strain grow til I find my bottom bitch.

First up...

Reservoir Seeds Double Strawberry Diesel.
She's always been good to me. Gotta love this one.

picture.php

On to the next one.....

RESERVOIR SEEDS KILLER CHEMDOG
This is the first of 2 pheno's I'm runnin this grow. Smell's like chemdog dipped in grape soda.
I haven't smoked her yet, but there's a big 'ol jar of nugs curing somewhr....

picture.php

Here's the 2nd pheno.

picture.php

....Next.....

MR. M's SSSDH X SOUR DIESEL IBL
I don't know where you at homie... hope all is well. :wave:
This is hands down the strongest shit I've ever grown. Special occasion weed. Be prepared to bug the fuck out if you smoke this one.

picture.php

Movin right along....

BARNEY FARMS RED DIESEL
Been runnin this girl for almost 3 years now. Incredible taste and smell. Good daytime buzz. This is what I reach for when I'm givin away bud. Ppl love it. Some say this is supposed to be a reworked NYCD from Soma.... Who knows, but this bitch is stayin.

picture.php

B.O.G's LSD #1 and #2
Got these from the December release. Only 3 beans cracked from a 10 pack. 1 crapped out early. Got 2 vigorous females left, so one of em better be the shit.

picture.php

picture.php

.....to be continued

MARLO

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
STRAINLIST CONT'D

STRAINLIST CONT'D

KRYPTONITE's OGK(SFV) X CHERRY AK47
Capt was givin these away for $50. I couldn't resist. I kept 4 girls and 1 one nice dude from a grow that just finished. Haven't smoked this one either, but there's a couple zips curing somewhere. Selected 2 phenos to run again. Look out for F2's of this one....

Pheno #1

picture.php

Pheno D

picture.php

KRYPTONITE's OG KUSH
Another steal for $50 bucks. Where you at Capt??
Just ran a few of these. Decided to run this girl again. No taste test on this one either. I'm on a break.... But she smells dank!

picture.php

....Next up...

MARLO's DSD99
This is a cross I recently made using my DSD keeper and a Mosca C99 BX1 male. I'm expecting good things from this cross. We'll see

picture.php

#12 is a Pollen Chuck Revised from Core that I need to get a pic of. I'll drop it in here 2mrw.

MARLO

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ROOM SHOT

ROOM SHOT

picture.php

I'll let em veg for about another week or so, to get the roots goin.
Then I'll flip the switch.

Haven't hooked up the blumats yet. Hopefully 2mrw. First feed was with a hand wand.

MARLO

wisco61

Nice looking setup Marlo. Gonna be an interesting aroma in there with all those different stinky varieties.

I think the biggest issue after harvest will be which strain to smoke, but as your namesake said
that sounds like one of them good problems

Okiedope

looking good Marlo. i like your style man and quite a nice variety of strains you have there. can't wait to see those girls start filling out those screens bro.

one comment... have you considered running 6 plants surrounding each bulb (would look like a figure 8) instead of the current arrangement? not sure if your space would allow such a setup but it should give you a slightly higher grams per watts number if you are interested in such things! however, it might be a bit more difficult to work with your plants.

at any rate i'm going to be tuned in for the show! peace.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what fans are you using on the floors there?

They are Honeywell 9" fans. 3 speeds.
You can find em for less than 20 bucks.

one comment... have you considered running 6 plants surrounding each bulb (would look like a figure 8) instead of the current arrangement? not sure if your space would allow such a setup but it should give you a slightly higher grams per watts number if you are interested in such things! however, it might be a bit more difficult to work with your plants.

We think alike Okie.
I actually just finished running this setup with 15 plants.
6 on each side, 1 on each end, and 1 in the middle. Making the figure 8.
It got over crowded fast, and the fan leaves overlapping became a big problem. I decided to remove 2 plants that were not performing well which left me with 13.
5 on each side, 1 on each end and 1 in the middle. This looked alot better......until I harvested.
It turned out that the plant in the middle did very well, but it took light away from the middle 2 plants on the sides which would have been in the sweet spot between the 2 lights.
I had a shitload of larf and light airy buds.
So I decided to leave this run more open. With this setup the plants on the sides that are in between the 2 lights will get hit with light from both lamps.

Also, this round is going to see some serious pruning. Shout out to Jrosek on this one. Hope all is well wherever you are bro. :tiphat:
When I transplanted to the 3 gals, I removed all large fan leaves that were coming directly off the main stems. You know the fan leaves that have no nodes on em. Its has no effect on vegging plants IMO. The smaller ones that were left on will be removed as they get in the way.
When I flip to flower, all large fan leaves will be removed around day 21 and again at around day 40ish to allow more light to penetrate to the parts that need it.
The lower 1/4 of the plants will be stripped completely. This part of the plant turned out to be useless last run. No reason to harvest stems with no bud on em.

Not everyone agrees with this method, but I know how it comes out without pruning and did not like the results.
Check out Jro's method here.

Stay tuned for the results of this run.

N

nukkumatti

Jeah
Sweet setup :). Subscribed!

Really wanna see the outcome with fan leaves pruning :)

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
I had a shitload of larf and light airy buds.
So I decided to leave this run more open. With this setup the plants on the sides that are in between the 2 lights will get hit with light from both lamps.

Also, this round is going to see some serious pruning. Shout out to Jrosek on this one. Hope all is well wherever you are bro. :tiphat:
When I transplanted to the 3 gals, I removed all large fan leaves that were coming directly off the main stems. You know the fan leaves that have no nodes on em. Its has no effect on vegging plants IMO. The smaller ones that were left on will be removed as they get in the way.
When I flip to flower, all large fan leaves will be removed around day 21 and again at around day 40ish to allow more light to penetrate to the parts that need it.
The lower 1/4 of the plants will be stripped completely. This part of the plant turned out to be useless last run. No reason to harvest stems with no bud on em.

sounds good..im having the same problems. i like your strains and your style man, keep it lit...

quick question tho, is there water running through that PVC pipe? are you hooking up some sort of irrigation line because that looks like a pain in the ass the handwater!

L-Immortal

Those look like some bad bitches you got in your stable there. Im really interested in your blumat feedback. I been on the fence on whether to go that route or a manifold dripper on a timer.

S

SexInTheCity

nice nice nice, it's nice to be back on ICMAG.....Step in the arena for real, gangstarr? let's see the show-grow

Latest posts

Latest posts