What's new

Which landrace had the biggest impact

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I read your^^ thing about musk, hashish and blood and downloaded the book. very trippy, but i doubt France ever smoked hash. He made up most or all of the book. entertaining tho.

back then ripping on blacks and jews was no problem in a book, cause he does a lot of it. i wasn't offended, just found it funny.

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I only like a few pages...that paragraph especially,but the bindings,cover and etchings are great....Its not a research book,just a story-book really.
Being of Gypsy ancestry I am thick-skinned when it comes to bigotry(We have to be!). To be offended by racism in a book written so long ago when peoples from most of the world were essentially more rascist and culturaly insular anyoo would be pretty sensitive in 2010 to be honest! So laughing is the only mature option methinks....as to take offence would be laughable in itself.:tiphat: JBo ;]
Heres a link for a PDF of the book- http://ia341304.us.archive.org/3/items/muskhashishblood00franuoft/muskhashishblood00franuoft.pdf
-for anyone who wants to have a read...
(or wants something to complain about cos they are bored.LOL)

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Can't say one in particular. The mexican, columbian and thai sativa's are responsible for much of the original interest in the plant. Also that's where we get smoking seedless buds as opposed to hash. "Sensimilla". By "starting it all" that's a huge contribution to the scene.

Then Indica's from the hash-producing regions of the world. They introduced couchlock and the heavy production. Revolutionized indoor growing.

Then we get two varieties in particular...

Northern lights was a major commercial indica strain that spread the indica gospel.

And as mentioned before, Skunk #1 - good ol' skunkweed, that famous hybrid showed what a hybrid can do and was the fiirst stable hybrid. It too caused a revolution of it's own with it's sativa components to it's buzz and extreme vigor. Also hit the dutch scene like a bomb!

When it comes to individual landraces like Highland Oaxacan, Chocolate Thai, Panama Red, Santa Marta Gold, Hindu Kush, Afghani etc., I can't say any one stands out. they each had their part in history.

Not to mention that many of the Hash strains are constantly re-imported, so it's hard to know any particular variety's impact.

Oh and Matty, A "landrace" is a strain of herb that has been grown and cultivated in a particular region long enough to localize. That is, to gain adaptations that make it a good strain to grow in that locale, as well as becoming a distinct variety. Back in the day, the central and south-americans imported cannabis to make $. But since then, they have developed those imports into their own local varieties. Ironically, they are now all but lost, since the same growers are more and more importing modern strains to increase their $$.

/bumped because I like history discussions.

Brother you said it !! i totally agree

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
All the Landraces in Sk1,Haze and Northen lights made the biggest impact...No contest.

SK1 Hze and NL , i dont think they qualify as landrace.

According to the definition in the encyclopedia of plant genetic resources, a landrace is an early, cultivated form of a crop species, evolved from a wild population, and generally composed of a heterogeneous mixture of genotypes

Some of the more famous landrace cannabis strains are from Afghanistan, Africa, Brazil, India, Mexico and Thailand but that's generalizing because according to botany a plant growing from the same strain of seed, such as Jamaica Lambs Bread, for a long enough period of time, without being crossed with another strain, can be known as a landrace. Some of the other best known strain brands are Hindu Kush? , Malawi Gold or Acapulco Gold

I think what we need is early hybrids and heirloom strains to rework the modern hybrid poo!