What's new

the lizard pheno? biker hashplant? Champagne?

Charles-scott

Veteran
In Vancouver dispensary its hard to sell Kush they just will not buy it thus us winning the Kush cup with old school Blueberry indica lol

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
kushtard's abound. just had a dude scoff at some WiFi packs because " he only fucks with Purple Kush and the WiFi had too many red hair's " ;)

Jesus Christ. My stash collection looks like jars of red hair ;)

soopy

Veteran
How would you compare the Lizzard pheno, or "hash plants" in general, to someone like me who's in NorCal and is pretty well versed in the strains of today, ie OG's, Bubbas/Pk's, purple indicas, deep chunk...and whatnot. I've always been keen to try a Hashplant but have never had anything by that name or description. I've always drooled over Canadian Hashplants....lol. Respect...

S

sonofsour

How would you compare the Lizzard pheno, or "hash plants" in general, to someone like me who's in NorCal and is pretty well versed in the strains of today, ie OG's, Bubbas/Pk's, purple indicas, deep chunk...and whatnot. I've always been keen to try a Hashplant but have never had anything by that name or description. I've always drooled over Canadian Hashplants....lol. Respect...

First off you need to know most of our strain names in Canada are messed up, our "OG" is tottaly different then the SoCal "OG" etc etc...

with that said, the HP that everyone is talking about is fire, it is comparable to the Top shelf SoCal stuff.

bigbag

Veteran
@ Charles, sorry I thought you were referring to the Van dispensaries at large, not just your groups. refreshing to hear people steering away from the Kush...I only like it for pain and relaxation, certainly not a daily driver type for me ;) to me alot of the Hashplants tend be quite dry tasting, with a low ceiling, heavy buzz. decent when fresh but can go hay like with age...the old Lebanese HP was my fave, but haven't nearly tried them all...remember some crazy looking Tajiki and Uzbeki one's but that was a while back...ha

bigbag

Veteran
^ It is. got a buddy who trims in Mendo and lives in LA and Vancouver ( dual citizen ). he frequents the dispensaries in both cities and told me he's only seen 1 true Cali style OG up in Canada but we have alot of types you don't see in the States...;)

S

sonofsour

^ It is. got a buddy who trims in Mendo and lives in LA and Vancouver ( dual citizen ). he frequents the dispensaries in both cities and told me he's only seen 1 true Cali style OG up in Canada but we have alot of types you don't see in the States...;)

Finally someone who knows what the fdruk I am talking about.
I am not saying it is all perfect in the States, but they have it way better it terms of strains and BS with the names then we do in Canada.

When I refer to SoCal OG I am talking about the shit that the "Soul Assassins" crew grow, the shit B real from cypress hill talks about.
Go to Calli and ask around for the OG Original shit, you will see.
Totally different that anything labeled has OG in Canada, The closest thing to any good Calli bud that I have seen (Lately) up here is some stinky "Larry OG" when I say close I mean in terms of smell and taste, the high is weeker then the SoCal shit though.

Just like when I talk about "Sour D" I am talking about the shit that goes for 600+ a zip on wall street, the shit that Runs NYC, not the shit going around Canada they call "Sour"

Also I agree with BigBag almost all our shit is exclusive to us, just like all the shit I see south is exclusive to them.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Strains are mislabeled everywhere pot is grown or sold, intentionally or unintentionally. There is nothing unique about Canada. The Americans bitch about dispensaries selling obvious re labeled flower and cuts as much if not more, having many more outlets than we do. Not to leave unmentioned that they're the go to customer base for any ripoff seed bank.

This horse be dead but still has a few good beatings left me thinks. Fly at it.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Finally someone who knows what the fdruk I am talking about.

When I refer to SoCal OG I am talking about the shit that the "Soul Assassins" crew grow, the shit B real from cypress hill talks about.
Go to Calli and ask around for the OG Original shit, you will see.
Totally different that anything labeled has OG in Canada, The closest thing to any good Calli bud that I have seen (Lately) up here is some stinky "Larry OG" when I say close I mean in terms of smell and taste, the high is weeker then the SoCal shit though.

do you even know what "OG" stands for , oh wise one?

soopy

Veteran
Thanks for your input y'all. I had a feeling that you guys up north suffer from the re-name shuffle up north too, as its much like @Mikell said. I guess I'll have to grab a pack of some Canadian goodness and find out for myself, lol. I have a feeling that the HP's that make so much noise up there must be fire, and hopefully a different animal altogether than what I'm used to here in Cali. What's a good line to try if I want to get a good representation of a Canadian Hashplant?

I'm sorry if this has been covered before.....respect.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey soopy.

the cuddle fish is the prarie hash plant.

From what 8 have seen from Chilliwack bc one of the cuts is a textbook sensi seeds hp. That's a good place to start for 2 kinds

med-man

S

sonofsour

Strains are mislabeled everywhere pot is grown or sold, intentionally or unintentionally. There is nothing unique about Canada. The Americans bitch about dispensaries selling obvious re labeled flower and cuts as much if not more, having many more outlets than we do. Not to leave unmentioned that they're the go to customer base for any ripoff seed bank.

This horse be dead but still has a few good beatings left me thinks. Fly at it.

All I am trying to say , is that when HT mag, or when people like B Real talk about "OG" they are talking about a very specific strain, this strain I have seen on both east and west coast of the states, but it all comes from Cali, never have I seen it in Canada. You will know it when you smoke it and see it, str8 fire.

HashMasta Kut- Know I do not know for sure what it stands for nor do I care, I can tell you that when i go to Cali I smoke the OG str8 from the SA crew, when I am in NYC I smoke the SOUR str8 from the same place that most of the HT mag writers get it from, I can say that the OG and SOUR in Canada are totally different strains, not the same cut but grown different, but totally different.

I am not trying to argue with anyone I am just telling it how it is. I am still waiting from someone on this forum from Canada to show me a str8 elite SoCal Kut/nug.

And if anyone claims to have it but are hording it and can not produce a few zips for the rest of us to see , then they do not count in this argument because they have no way to prove it.

soopy

Veteran
Hey soopy.

From what 8 have seen from Chilliwack bc one of the cuts is a textbook sensi seeds hp. That's a good place to start for 2 kinds

med-man

Thank you MM, the Cuddlefish HP is one that I've heard of, albeit from back in the day, drooling over issues of Cannabis Culture, lol...

Is it rather true breeding? Meaning, does the outcross male make a huge difference in the HP expressions (is anyone's attempts at hybridizing better than others?)or am I better off trying to acquire some S1's?

Kinda like the OGs down here in the states, there are plenty of nice hybrids that capture 80% of the clone(s) unique traits but, alas, still a hybrid...

S

sonofsour

Hey soopy.

med-man

Yes back to the HashPlant, the 2 that I have seen in my life was that Classic Sensi seed back one,, it kind of looks like it is full of foxtails and it has an earthy, hashy, hazy, unique light taste,

the other is that lime green tight nug, skunky super smelly HP, it looks nothing like the Sensi one, it was popular right before kush started to take over.

bigbag

Veteran
Tha Docta's Hashbar OG sounds like the best of both world's me thinks...
"In the early days of indoor cannabis farming, technology like carbon filters for growing was very limited or non-existant to your average farmer. And the risks of law enforcement, being watched going to the grow store, and the ongoing, well funded, "War on Drugs" plagued the average growers attempts at supplying the demand for cannabis. The long flowering sativas and odiferous leafy indicas cost too much money, grew poorly under HID's, and the odors were too much of a risk in such a volatile time in the days of cannabis production. They needed fast flowering, heavy yielding, resinous, potent, easy to grow plants that didn't make the whole neighborhood smell like a pile of dead skunks. And from that necessity, the HashPlant strains of the Pacific Northwest of the USA and British Columbia, Canada, were born. Our Hashplant traces her roots directly back to that era and exhibits all of the traits that were needed by covert growers around the nation, and helped make HashPlant a worldwide hit with many seed banks 20 years ago. Crossed with the Face Off OG, the hybrid will exhibit the lowest odors of all our hybrids, while still retaining that classic hashplant flavor and resin content with a light touch of the dank after flavor from the Face Off OG. Perfect for the covert farmer that needs all the flavor of our other strains, with heavy yields and beautiful resin content, while still keeping their odor levels within acceptable margin".

Lineage : PNW Hashplant x Face Off OG bx1