Veteran
full
Nice ThaiA5 male....

Salu2

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi draztik yes, it is very easy to find in current pure Thai Chiang Mai release something very similar to the Thai mum we are using. I'm sure there are even better mothers to be found in this line since this first one was selected from much narrower population than we did later reproducing the strain in pure form with dozens of parental plants from different generations, but this first selected Thai mother it's progeny-tested and that's very important to me as a breeder, i won't replace her until i find another progeny-tested Thai mother that produces even better offspring.

Love the 'tropicalness' and old school sativa traits :love: your Thai A5 Haze male is showing @el mani

Maple_Flail

Hi @Maple_Flail i replied to you in this thread since the question is about Thai A5 Haze.
Yes, as explained previously (in the strain descriptions too), the NL5 influence in the new A5 Haze hybrids released this year (Thai A5 Haze, Green Haze 19 A5, Purple Haze 23 A5) is nearly totally recessive and that was my goal: to mostly combine our best tropical sativas with Haze A male traits, and without NL5 influence (as much as possible).
So if you want more evident NL5 traits then you will need to make F2s of these, or easier: choose Killer A5 Haze.

Heavy and dirty, stupefying effects many times go together, especially in modern mostly indica hybrids and Western so called Kush strains.
There are not many indicas that can calm the mind and sedate the body without producing dirty, stupefying side effects.
Bubba Kush mother we have is one of the few modern indica plants that has such qualities.
Although imo better to look for it in traditional hashplant indica populations from Afghanistan and Pakistan.

A5 Haze mother displays imo mostly the Colombian side of Original Haze instead of the Thai side like C5 Haze does. Haze male A from Nevil may contained Thai, but its offspring i have studied show mostly American sativa traits. Some say NL5 had a bit of Thai (others say Hawaiian, Mexican, ....) difficult to know for sure, because the sativa part is quite recessive, NL5 is a quite hash plant indica type, despite it may contained a bit of sativa.

Thai A5 Haze crossed with a good selection of Flo sounds divine to me ;)

Hey Dubi thanks for the response. That question regarding the recessiveness was more of a breeding question than finding that pheno question. outcrossing to things that may contain NL5 and/Or Thai I was hoping to catch a pack of the standards but alas i missed out, but got me some goodies from R+D regardless.

Have you noticed any Southern Indian sativa qualities in offspring yet? In either of them actually. I wonder if the seeds Nevil got were split generation seeds based on your observations

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@JustGrowing420 Really nice looking and well grown tropical sativa indoor buds for a summer indoor grow and for being your first experience with this genetics.
How many weeks are they into flowering ? Almost there! I foresee they are going to provide fantastic moments this summer time :dance013:

JustGrowing420

Hello @dubi , I am sorry for lack of updates, unfortunately I got some spidermites during last couple weeks of flowering on another plant and didn't take any plant pics on harvest day from that room.

I was also absent for some vacation right after harvest, I will get around to processing/trimming these in the next few days and will be back with dry bud shots and a report.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to hear you liked the one you grew indoors @tricepa79 :) This genetics are probably too tropical for outdoor growing in your latitude, hopefully the greenhouse will help!

JustGrowing420

Some buds from plant #2, still meat seasonings smell with citric background, taste is light creamy lemon-like, not much at the moment. I was hoping the seasonings would translate to something heavy in the air, bit it is not incensey at all, more woody.

thaia5 2 bud.JPG

thaia5 2 buds.JPG

High is indeed a very clear one, a bit of a creeper effect, you get to smoke the whole joint before it hits you haha
Not so energetic as the long flowering GT pheno I had recently but also definitely more manageable and less confusing, comes on smoothly. GT is like I need to do something right now, with this one if you choose to do something it is very easy to get up and at the same time calm state of mind and focused, don't know if I make sense.

If I have not missed the cure mark by drying too much, I will be back in a month or two :whee:

Montuno

...como el Son...
Some buds from plant #2, still meat seasonings smell with citric background, taste is light creamy lemon-like, not much at the moment. I was hoping the seasonings would translate to something heavy in the air, bit it is not incensey at all, more woody.

View attachment 18742627

View attachment 18742626

High is indeed a very clear one, a bit of a creeper effect, you get to smoke the whole joint before it hits you haha
Not so energetic as the long flowering GT pheno I had recently but also definitely more manageable and less confusing, comes on smoothly. GT is like I need to do something right now, with this one if you choose to do something it is very easy to get up and at the same time calm state of mind and focused, don't know if I make sense.

If I have not missed the cure mark by drying too much, I will be back in a month or two :whee:

Your description of the psychoactivity of your Thai A5 Haze is very similar to my impressions of the Green Haze 19 A5.

Last edited:

Dentex

I wasn't very impressed with my second seed ,the first one had raised the bar too much ;) ...Those cherry/fuel terps in exhale ,the strong racy high that developed to psychedelic stone ...
This time I had a more lemony specimen with a lot more gentle character of effect,cleaner than the first one,not bad ,still left some to be desired for guys with high tolerance like me.Still nice for enhancing your daily chores.

I was absent the whole August though and now I am rediscovering it,it has changed a lot in character and now it is very good quality high,very well rounded with quite looong duration ,too!Terps are very similar with my first a5 x panama ,lemon and herbs.I should have germinated the last seed ,eh there's always next round :giggle:

FJEfGMD.jpg
Xvr91eN.jpg
607Q9WG.jpg
P3hHdCM.jpg

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you so much for sharing your smoke reports guys :smoke: Looking at your yummy Thai A5 Haze buds make me feel :greenstars:

@Dentex glad the curing has greatly enhanced and defined the qualities of your second girl. Regarding terpenes, the phenotypes of very complex fruity-perfumey-incensey scents are also much more appealing for my taste. Such phenos are usually really potent, although without being heavy, because effects are always very cerebral, but can be more relaxing and introspective (especially in its development). On the other hand, the expressions producing a more classic citric-lime- woody pure Thai terpene profile are the are the ones with the, not so potent, but most clear, bright and expansive effects, probably similar to @JustGrowing420 plant #2, and similar indeed in effects to Green Haze 19 A5 that @Montuno properly mentioned.

There's magic to be found in Thai A5 Haze!