What's new

SourDiesel IBL - SourPheno

The Sour Diesel out here in the Bay Area Sucks Nothing like what I got from my seed grows with it Plus these shops shake off as much kiff as then can. You have the Pheno?? What Traits were selected? Any Gene linkage in the traits to define the stable Pheno? If so hit me up for cutting Please

Hey guys, back in business !!! :peacock:

(I'm also @amc98, first posted in this thread in 2009, message #100).

What can I say? 12 years have passed since you selected what I consider to be the best plant I've ever grown so far. Apart from her flavour, I haven't found any other plant with such an hilarious, funny and enjoyable effect. Really puts me in a good mood instantly. Yields one of the most potent hash I've made, and trimming her is a joke.

It's been almost 10 years growing this awesome genetics, and every single day I thank Rez, you and the french guy who made possible for me to grow it (hope you're doing great, man) for your work and generosity.

So glad to see you're back, mate. I wish you all the best in your future selections! ;)

:tiphat:

Burt

Veteran
Bonjour Riri!

We need the riri cut badly here in Maine
Is it in the NE area?
There is a genetics swapping event coming up in NE, Rhode Island really and it’s called genetraders
Please attempt to get her to the east coast of USA and we’ll make sure it gets to the thousands of hobbyists out there who need her
BTW-any selfed seeds?

mixfuman

aeHE6

GGgoP

My favorite strain for vaporizer.
The flavor its very taste :woohoo:

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Nice one @MAHA KALA !!! How is the smoke ? From my experience Riri is quite dominant in the taste and the high, and it makes wonder with everything it touches !

I got lucky to get back the Riri clone, currently running it under 2x50W COB and getting ready for outdoor run, will be sharing clones with all my local grower friends, so we can hopefully have a Riri Cup this winter !

For those interested, this is my second year growing it outdoor. I had to cut it around mid october due to extreme humidity which lead to bud rot developing. While I would qualify it as resistant to mold, my conditions were too extreme.
I believe for best potency, one must be ready to go up to early November.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
hey @titoon29 , much respect bro.

could I ask what crosses did you grow?

I grew only riri x bangi haze and this one, and I can say that it breeds magnificently(much better than ecsd cut, more consistent and progeny is just better), as far as smells and bud structure goes, but from my experience bangi haze sucked all that body effect from riri, and made it more sativa. one of the best weed I have ever smoked.

F13 has not such yield and robust growth potential, so yeild is lower and overall plants are not so strong like riri x bangi haze.

riri x bangi haze

1651327602900.png

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I selected wonderful female out of riri/bangi, with incredible anise liquor diesel taste, high was racy and hand shaking one with bottom potency of riri and crossed it with big sur holyweed males.

this is pic of it from Midwestkid
20220423_160019-jpg.18126144

and few pic from another brother of mine starcrash
a79f6a74-bb7d-48d3-9df8-3a4608e9c1e5-jpeg.18126289

2be8669f-4e1a-44e9-bb3c-12edacbb30dc-jpeg.18126293

e1b165f9-9f6d-418d-9afa-57cfb6994332-jpeg.18126295

so you see we had a lot of fun with riri crosses :D hehee

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Holy cow that s some amazing picts ! Banghi Riri sounds delicious, yes she is such a nice parent !!!

@MAHA KALA I grew a few phenos of SD riri x Destroyer,
Amazing blend of riri with exotic fruits notes from the Destroyer, a bit more sativa still extremely potent. One of the best cross I ve ever grown for sure, and one of the best weed I ve smoked as well. took between 12 and 15 weeks to mature properly, all the range between riri and destroyer to choose from. I really love the addition of fruity in there !
picture.php

1652393795915.png

closest pheno to the riri ;)

1652393830354.png

I have also smoked another cross of riri, which I can t recall the male it was crossed with, but the riri did really translate in that one.

This year, I am planning to cross the Riri with Royal Kush from Emerald Mountain, I would like to make it a bit quicker and even more mold resistant for my climate, and I think the Royal could be a very good match. I ll be looking to keep as much of the sativa high as possible though.