What's new

Scott Family Farms 2023 releases . . .

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just got the rare privilege of getting a bag of topanga kush a few years back from Cali. We dont get much bud from that way anymore, just dried up outdated colorado crap. But i can easily say that topanga was my favorite kush by far
Why have the lacky nor the mentor never sent testers for people to grow here? Or donated to the server fund?

Gt has 5 failed seed cos. A failed event and 5 failed projects in as many years. That has professional business man written all over it lol a real contribution to ic / the world.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree(pun intended). Lol

mm

Last edited:

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The World would be a better place if you had 10% of Golden Tree's passion/ integrity and love for Cannabis.
If he had 10% the Integrity I have he might actually have some type of success in the cannabis industry. Or his mentor

mm

little-soldier

Thats what sucks about this world..so many stories but so little proof so who is to be trusted?. In the end, we all pick a side. Often enough even if we are proven wrong, we just let our ego take over because of our low self esteem and refuse to admit we were wrong.
Ahh mankind...such a drag..

i.love.scotch

I'm having a lazy day and just read this whole thread.

What a roller coaster.

I have been on the forums for a while and yes, the name Reeferman has always been associated with some sketchy business dealings unfortunately.

But also some absolutely legendary strains of yore.

My take on it that I felt was summed up pretty well in some other thread I read a while back is the way the BC scene worked back in Reeferman's day was big biker grows, lots of independent big grows, cuts would get popular and float around, most people were just growing cuts for commercial that they sourced from cut houses. But there was always an undercurrent of R&D and breeding and importing of new genetics being carried on amongst the various groups. And a lot of it was absolute fire and of course now we are all nostalgic and yearn for those old cuts that came from those times.

Reeferman appeared to be super well connected within multiple groups back then and hes the guy who captured a lot of that legendary BC stuff in seed form and got it out to us, the genetics starved home growers. Whether or not he actually bred a lot of it is lost to history. I'm pretty sure he has at least 10 different stories about the origin of Pink Kush. So take that as a note. But I also have no doubt he did directly breed a lot of the more sativa stuff, as those genetics wouldn't have really been floating around the commercial scene much at all.

It seems to always get this way with old seed history and all kinds of legends and stories. It's a bit tabloidy at the end of the day but I also think it's what draws us all in as well.

And it shows here too some of human nature, where sometimes big characters get a huge following despite their obvious flaws. We see that with many controversial figures in the scene where perhaps it is very clear via evidence that they are bogus but there is a certain % of people that just eat it right up. Perhaps similar to how cults work.

My only interaction with him was back in probably 2008 or so I was a new grower, growing micro in a style I learned from this site. I went to this sketchy little backdoor Vietnamese grow store in Burnaby looking for some small pots (0.5gal I think). Reeferman was there chatting with the shop owner but then he started giving me a hard time (in a light hearted enough way) about what the hell was I going to grow in those tiny pots and how is it worth it to grow these tiny plants. This was back in the days of 'biker buckets' hydro system trees and I thought it was hilarious because obviously he's always been connected to the large commercial grow scene here and prob knew nothing of micro grows at the time.

Anyways that just my little tidbit. I would say there is definitely value in the Reeferman seed lines of old but personally I would search out preservations or reproductions made by others instead of ever trying to purchase direct from any of these 'relaunches' or whatever you want to call them.

I have no doubt if I met him again IRL he would be a great guy to burn one with and chat history but yeah the evidence is just here (and has been for decades now basically) that there has always been issues on the business side of things.

Last edited:

Dirt Life

Veteran
Basically, very well known, some would say "legendary" breeder... HORRIBLE business model. I talked about my unfortunate dealings w/ Reeferman, and I didn't like it.. going back to what I posted, I'm not very proud of it. I'm not into drama seed bullshit... but, it's the truth. I wish I could've grown Love Potion, Willie Nelson, Hoa Bac, and other strains RM/CS/SFF offer.. but it didn't happen. And I was made to be the asshole in what happened, and it's been going on for years after that with others. Not to mention, I don't complain openly on forums.. it was all in PMs.. I let those losses go long time ago, but, it pisses me off its still going on. Either get your shit together, be a decent seed retailer, and conduct business legitimately in this grey-area market, or, don't be surprised when ppl you dick over say something on an online forum.

And the worst part is the ppl that actually get SFF/RM seeds (usually from third party seed banks who actually receive a grip of seeds, and DO get them to customers) post about their plants, geat great results, and have to deal with the "haters" (such as myself in this case), and all they wanna do, is post about their plants... I feel so bad about that. So, I'm sorry to anyone who has gotten great plants from reef... I wish I was one of them... but, when the bullshit carries-on for decades, and the same scam happens over and over again, and I'm one of the ppl that got got... well, just gotta say something about it. And that's truly the last time I'll ever say anything about this... sorry everyone.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Man he had his gear sent to sensible seeds months ago and its all still there listed at some crazy prices. No grow reports, nothing. If he never got the message before im sure he does now

I was thinking the same thing. If he had one tiny concept of marketing 101, he would have - should have - handled things very differently and we would all be salivating over his seeds by now. If he was looking for a cashing out finale (like many breeders have to be thinking about) . . . well . . . it bombed.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He's asking everyone on Facebook to Reorder....and ignoring comments from everyone that he kept money from...

Sounds like a Nigerian or west African web scam at this point. "Thank you for your money....now we just need a little more to open the bank account with 150 million euro innti"

med-man

OK. I had to go look.

This was 4 months ago
A42FFF31-226F-4EBC-8D3E-2644ECDB5296.jpeg

And this was 4 hours ago
E42A23A5-5701-4A3F-9F6F-3DF04C7AF1CA.jpeg

little-soldier

Anyone who still has faith in this guy at this point is just as dilusional as anyone who still has faith in donal trump. The derangement syndrome goes both ways.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder who is chasing the dragon? And what does that mean for the sellar and buyer? Or both?

Dig deep people....your hard earned cash lasted 4 months. Time to buck up again. But please don't comment if you have already been burned...or at least get no response

Screenshot_20240215_180453_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20240215_180523_Facebook.jpg

med-man

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Oooh he’s going for broke again, good Lord. Wait until he pops back up on here to beg for more money. I feel sorry for the gents who got stiffed but hopefully this thread will keep most people away in the future.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Somehow I can’t help thinking about Tom Hill and his seed blitz last year when this thread pops up. Another older breeder who came out of the woods to spread some seeds around because he needed some cash. I mean, you can’t blame these guys. They did their magic years ago when prohibition was strong and now, as their older bodies start to ache and legalization and the Internet has seriously diluted the seed biz, they want some reward and recognition. Of course, the big difference is that Tom delivered. He came on here full of his particular wit and venom - which got him banned a few times - which also helped to make sure that everyone knew about his drop - but he did what he said he was going to do and he shipped his beans. While the jury is still out on the quality of Tom’s current work, no one can question his integrity. A smart man and an honest one.

‘nuf said.

RobFromTX

Somehow I can’t help thinking about Tom Hill and his seed blitz last year when this thread pops up. Another older breeder who came out of the woods to spread some seeds around because he needed some cash. I mean, you can’t blame these guys. They did their magic years ago when prohibition was strong and now, as their older bodies start to ache and legalization and the Internet has seriously diluted the seed biz, they want some reward and recognition. Of course, the big difference is that Tom delivered. He came on here full of his particular wit and venom - which got him banned a few times - which also helped to make sure that everyone knew about his drop - but he did what he said he was going to do and he shipped his beans. While the jury is still out on the quality of Tom’s current work, no one can question his integrity. A smart man and an honest one.

‘nuf said.

Tom Hills obnoxious and hes arrogant but he did get you your seeds and he even warned you that most of the plants would be crummy hay phenos. If you found a keeper im sure it was well worth though because the pics on that thread looked simply amazing. This guy on the other hand just saw his reputation finally burning out and wanted to use it as a last chance to screw everybody