What's new

Platinum OG Kush

HL45

Veteran
Anyone growing this strain?

A friend of mine has had this strain for nearly 10 years. He has held on to it the entire time. A friend of his stole snips out of a so cal garden and brought it to Arizona.. Its not the platinum that Dark Heart Nursery has. The DHN cut goes 9-10 weeks and is a low yeilder.

This platinum flowers 8 weeks and no longer. It won't go 60 days even if you wanted it to. It is also a good yeilder with dense nugs.

Just wondering if anyone out there has the strain?

Ill try to get some pics up this week..

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
If it's a big yielder I think the proper strain name is "Platinum Kush" and it's more of a traditional Hindu Kush in terms of finishing and yield and more and more Indica than an OG. And very easy to get confused, I actually have a big sack of platinum Kush but I always call a "platinum OG" by mistake. And since most OG's taste very similar to kush it's an easy mixup. :) To confuse things further, there's also a strain called "platinum OG"

HL45

Veteran
You got pics?

Its a deceptively big yeilder because the nuts are so dense. Usually golf ball sized.. I grew it side by side with headband and the HB took two weeks longer and they both got the same yeild.

well Dark heart switches out there moms every month or so I just seen a guy harvest it recently shit filled out real nice huge colas.. ill have to post a pic of mine when its done.. lol aint gunna be a low yielder know that for sure

HL45

Veteran
I'll have to grab one from dhn and do a compare and contrast. Looking at various pics of master kush on google images, its pretty spot on as far as calyx size and structure go..definitely master cross. I'm wondering of the platinum thats going around now is a remake like DJ shorts blueberry..

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
theres a platinum og that goes around eugene. the one i saw had really chunky buds, frosted as fuck, and smelled very similar to og kush. it was a lil lacking on smell volume but it was there. og kush is what the nose says. it would pale in aroma to a real og cut but it makes up for it productivity.
there is also a platinum that rolls around here that is essentially a bubba. i havent seen it but its supposed to be dank if you like bubba kush.

TrinZilla

Yup master x og is the lineage of the cut we have, str8s description is spot on. Its around town for sure...

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
the owner of omg said he grew it for a cup in seattle and it took first. it was represented as some other dudes flowers that he worked for. said he got no credit.

HL45

Veteran
Nice will have to go check it out, if it took first in Seattle I'm not surprised if it's the same one. My bro said his ex partner was selling it 6 ish years ago. I got to run it then but didn't take clones and nobody would pass it back out. I wonder how long people have been running it in town.

Every time someone says they have it, it's been different. I thought it was like og or sour, many different cuts with similar smell and same name.

Is the master x og you've seen or heard about an 8 weeker? Chocolate coffee earthy kush smell?

HL45

Veteran
picture.php

View image in gallery

Platinum Kush does yours look like this trinzilla?