What's new

pit bulls...

Ca++

In 12 years 285 people died from pitbuls ,in the US We have 331 million people and counting
Yes, it's what I was saying about hiding in the numbers. Which is hard to do in the UK. Your presentation about Cali being as big was looking more reasonable. Where we see a death every few months. I'm fairly sure most attacks don't end in death, or get reported, as most are in the home.

I'm not sure why you switched back to national figures.
Oh, ok, you got me. I know exactly why.

The odds of winning a top lottery prize are 1 in 300 million. So on average, half as likely as death by pit bull. Though there are lots of smaller prizes. Like facial lacerations.
That's national though, and I think you chose Cali. Where the odds are stacked much more in favour of the dog winning. Yet still people buy the ticket, saying the dogs fine. They just can't work the odds out.

Reactions: Rgd

right

Yes, it's what I was saying about hiding in the numbers. Which is hard to do in the UK. Your presentation about Cali being as big was looking more reasonable. Where we see a death every few months. I'm fairly sure most attacks don't end in death, or get reported, as most are in the home.

I'm not sure why you switched back to national figures.
Oh, ok, you got me. I know exactly why.

The odds of winning a top lottery prize are 1 in 300 million. So on average, half as likely as death by pit bull. Though there are lots of smaller prizes. Like facial lacerations.
That's national though, and I think you chose Cali. Where the odds are stacked much more in favour of the dog winning. Yet still people buy the ticket, saying the dogs fine. They just can't work the odds out.
The statistics quoted were 284 actually, a d that is for the entire nation. From the period of 2005 till 2017

Phobia , an irrational feer of something.

Ca++

The statistics quoted were 284 actually, a d that is for the entire nation. From the period of 2005 till 2017

Phobia , an irrational feer of something.
I didn't use your numbers. I'm using 2010-2021 data, as it's more relevant. Though the difference per year, is so close as to not matter. Splitting hairs over 1.9 per month or 2, doesn't really matter here, when trying to be rational.

You have played for worse odds, by buying a ticket, I bet.

right

I didn't use your numbers. I'm using 2010-2021 data, as it's more relevant. Though the difference per year, is so close as to not matter. Splitting hairs over 1.9 per month or 2, doesn't really matter here, when trying to be rational.

You have played for worse odds, by buying a ticket, I bet.
Ok no need to split hairs over 1.9 vs 2 ,but you are more likely to win the mega million jackpot.
It seems that you don't like dogs ,especially pits. But everyone who has actual experience with them is telling you something entirely different. Consider that.

Sounds like a cyrklejerk…. Greetings from germany.

Attachments

• FBCF9697-EBEA-43C9-9281-4FAE465DD9F0.jpeg
    FBCF9697-EBEA-43C9-9281-4FAE465DD9F0.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 58
  • FDE5C3B1-EBA1-4721-A820-D39A34F27380.jpeg
    FDE5C3B1-EBA1-4721-A820-D39A34F27380.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
  • D42B8955-36B0-4ACE-AEB6-4D8EB76E8E7D.jpeg
    D42B8955-36B0-4ACE-AEB6-4D8EB76E8E7D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 48
  • 9C1A25F8-EE7F-4E4D-9FD9-453D3C0893BA.png
    9C1A25F8-EE7F-4E4D-9FD9-453D3C0893BA.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
  • A5474FF8-3B3F-4D74-9AE9-D79C9E0468FE.png
    A5474FF8-3B3F-4D74-9AE9-D79C9E0468FE.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Ca++

Ok no need to split hairs over 1.9 vs 2 ,but you are more likely to win the mega million jackpot.
It seems that you don't like dogs ,especially pits. But everyone who has actual experience with them is telling you something entirely different. Consider that.
31 consecutive draws this year, didn't produce a winner.
How many people were killed by pits in that time.

I won't pit my personal experiences against the facts, and expect to be right. I can't end this with emotional bias, it has no place in rational thinking.

Feel free to have the last word here, but do consider if it's fact or fiction.

right

This is entirely based on emotion on your part. Getting killed by a pit in the US is like slipping and dieing in the tub or winning the lottery.

Gry

Veteran
Fogive the multi post, but this is a picture of me, there are several more which can be found on pages five and six of my media archive. It was taken apx 2016. The dog was destroyed, though I did beg the judge for it's life, and would have kept him all of his days. I was in the process of providing some water and bubba to the homeless person whom did own the dog, when I was attacked. Was a case of mistaken identity due to confusion and meth psychosis on the part of a blind homeless person.

Last edited:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Probably never saw amputations from diabetes either because you have killed your pancreas from being 100+ lbs overweight, or liver failure because you pop a couple fifths of Lord Calvert daily. Pic your poison you are the one driving the cart but don't blame the dog when you are the PROBLEM! Learn it, live it, and most of all Own it!
Thanks for the lecture, Coach. LOL!

right

Fogive the multi post, but this is a picture of me, there are several more which can be found on pages five and six of my media archive. It was taken apx 2016. The dog was destroyed, though I did beg the judge for it's life, and would have kept him all of his days. I was in the process of providing some water and bubba to the homeless person whom did own the dog, when I was attacked. Was a case of mistaken identity due to confusion and meth psychosis on the part of a blind homeless person.
This sux Gry .looks painful. Meth is a stupid drug.It was thoughtful of you to think of the blind homeless person.

Gry

Veteran
This sux Gry .looks painful. Meth is a stupid drug.It was thoughtful of you to think of the blind homeless person.
twelve hours of surgery on me by a Vietnamese MD, whose father had repaired many who had been burned by napalm. I kept waking up, and would hear him calling out for another hundred units of fentanyl, before slipping under again. I was able to get by with no pain meds due to a pal bringing me a bottle of oil made from Bubba, mixed fifty/fifty with olive oil which I did sublingual.